The strut bearing is the upper pivot point for the strut assembly, allowing the strut to rotate when the wheels are turned.
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Knocking sound over bumps
- Noise when turning
Related Repair Advice
- Strut bearings/bushings should be replaced when the struts are replaced
- We recommend that struts be replaced in pairs
- Prior to replacement of the struts/shocks, a full inspection of the steering and suspension should be performed to identify any needed repairs. This will cut down on the labor costs when compared to replacing the worn parts separately.
- We recommend a four-wheel alignment when struts are replaced. The new struts can change the vehicle's ride height, which will change the wheel alignment.