2008 Ford Fusion Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2008 Ford Fusion owners like you.

2008 Ford Fusion Ratings Overview
8 car owners like you reviewed their 2008 Ford Fusion. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 5/12/15 | Toledo, OH
I like this car a lot. We bought it brand new now has over 110k miles. Problems only had would be changing brakes pad and getting new batteries. The car is dependable not painless. It rides good have SEL V6 the Fusion is in great condition no other mechanical problems. Love how spacious is with lots of room handles excellent in snow including AWD helps around city driving or suburbs. I really like this car a lot still looks like new as first day bought off lot. Since day 1 our Fusion has done us well gets very low maintenance easy driving has nice stuff all inside. Thinking of holding on to this car until runs 200,000 miles was our first Ford product after trading off a little Honda Civic it's a great running car we've ever owned just love her. My family has owned Fords before never had mechanical problems they ran 350,000 miles hope our Fusion will last us until than. Got all oil changes, tires, fluids and all checkups replaced minor parts either at AutoZone or etc., still it's a good looking car being absolutely the best ever at its best.
By on 6/10/14 | Wake Forest, NC
This car is THE BEST car I've owned in my life. Bought it fairly new in 2008 and just sold it to my 17 yr old son. 114,000 miles and NOT ONE DAY of problems. The 3.0 V6 FLIES down the road...comfort, speed, fast acceleration, etc.

Now the sad news...after 5 years of sheer pleasure, my son crashed it into a curb losing control on a left turn and now I'm looking (or rather HE) is looking at a costly repair. We'll know tomorrow.
By on 12/19/12 | Newcastle, OK
to the guy who called his Fusion the biggest POS ever, a few tips:
1. WHY is it a POS?
2. how was it maintained?
3. what are your driving habits?
4. without any other details, I am forced to assume you are either a juvenile with lots of free time, a giant asshat, possibly a juvenile that happens to be a giant asshat.

here's how you write a review:
i have an 08 fusion, purchased preowned with 50k. been driving it for 2 years now, and currently at 90k. the only REPAIR i have had to do at this point is to replace my battery. regular maintenance has been done, with oil changes performed every 5k, tires rotated on the same schedule, i have flushed and filled the transmission, flushed and filled the coolant, and at the next oil change, i will replace the spark plugs. i do this because MAINTENANCE is less expensive than REPAIRS. the e.p.a. says to expect 29 mpg on the highway (4cyl automatic) but i acutally average approximately 32.5 mpg on summer blend gas, and 30.7 on winter blend.
two years into ownership, and still problem free. very happy with my Fusion.
By on 10/28/12 | Baltic, OH
I have a 2008 Fusion SE V6. I have had very few problems with the car. It has 93,000 miles on it. I am just now changing the brake pads and rotors. I have had to replace both low beam headlight bulbs which are a pain to do. The battery failed at 92,500 miles. It needs the brake light switch replaced. The cruise control will kick out occasionally because of it.
I really like driving the car. It handles very well on curvy roads and in city traffic. Accelerates great.
I do have the car serviced at no more than 5,000 miles and use semi-synthetic oil.
My wife and I like the car so well that we just purchased her a one owner low mileage 2011 Fusion.
By on 10/10/12 | Plainfield, CT
biggest P.O.S. ever.my wife bought this to replace a sienna minivan with 180k on it.think i would have been better off keeping it.put 40k on it and its all done.will never buy american car again.hire some real engineers and build a quality product.
By on 4/18/11 | Fairfield, OH
I purchased this car in 2008 and was well pleased until I went back to the dealer with problems. The 2.3 engine is noisy. I can hear it knock every now and then. it uses antifreeze and needs to be checked every oil change and it only has 38000 miles on it. I didn't know it was using antifreeze until I quite going to the dealer for service. The suspension knocks when you hit a bump. The door seals sound like I have a window down, The transmission when cold doesn't want to shift out of first the first time it shifts, after that it seems okay. I wouldn't have this issues if I had purchased a Honda or a Toyota. I noticed the ford dealer torquing my wheel down to tight and then trying to get me for a break job since the brakes are not covered under the warranty. I blamed it on the mechanic and they re-torqued the lugs and it was all good. This is the last time I spend my hard earned money for rattle trap. Good luck suckers. Trade it in at 36000 miles and run.
By on 8/22/10 | Burlington, MA
great car 2.3 l all you ever need
By on 4/10/09 | Santa Monica, CA
Lifetime Ford person. Gave my third Taurus to my wife, bought the Fusion just last week--used. Still on a "honeymoon." Love it so far.
Please advise if I should be aware of any special problems.