Pontiac Firebird Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Pontiac Firebird
- My speedometer isn't working so I changed the vss and still nothing
- I bypassed the vats system. Now car wont get gas or start.
- service engine soon light came on its code P0305 I replaced plugs , plug wires and coil pack on light is still on Runs great but idles a little rough What else can I try ?
- Check engine soon light is on Code P0305 is the problem
- Engine code P0305 I replaced plugs , plug wires and coil pack and didn't fix it
Pontiac Firebird Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The head light door actuators may fail causing the head lights to become stuck in the raised or lowered position.
The roller on the window guide attached to the bottom of the window glass may break off and cause the window to come off track.
Pontiac Firebird Questions
Can i hotwire the fuel injectors or install a inline fuel pump.
Replaced plugs , plug wires and coil pack on light is still on Run good just idles a little rough What else can I try to fix the problem ?
when came out of store wouldn't start and coun=ldn't get it restarted for 10 hrs. now runs but is idling high also the radio has recently stopped working. has new battery
Pontiac Firebird Recalls
Pontiac Firebird Reviews
I want to change the distributor cap, and can't get to it. What has to be moved in order to replace that part.
I love my car! Bought it in 1996 and with over 225K miles on it, it's still running!
I ran the car into the ground at about 300k. it was a great car the whole time i owned it. i think the first problem i had was at 200k, and the speedometer cable broke...i moved it to a wet snowy area after many years in socal. great car.