Plymouth Neon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Plymouth Neon
- replaced camshaft position sensor but it still turns off at times.
- check engine light on, how do I know that catalytic converter is problem?
- My car all of a sudden started smoking from the tail pipe and acting as if it were out of gas or lost power. We found a broken spark plug in a valve under a piston. What could have caused thus and what's the fix? !
- Car stutters taking off up hill and after slowing down and speeding up in 2nd
- how do you replave the 97 plymouth neon starter motor
Plymouth Neon Problems
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
Plymouth Neon Questions
it is a 95 neon but the camshaft position sensor is of a 96 neon. it usually turns off when it's hot. right after I replaced it, it wouldn't start. it took a lot of tries to finally get it to start.
Plymouth Neon Recalls
In the presence of oil and heat, the brake booster vacuum hose could swell and loosen from the intake manifold. This could cause a loss of power brake assist and an increase in engine idle speed. Dealers will replace the brake booster vacuum hose.
The information on how to secure a car seat properly using tether anchors using step by step, illustrated procedures is missing. Improper attachment of child seat tether straps to vehicle tether anchors could cause a child safety issue in a collision. Owners were sent an addendum to the owners manual that addresses tether strap installation.
Plymouth Neon Reviews
a fine car for around town & short trips. It rides a little rough with more than 2 passengers and you can really feel the drop in performance.
This was my first car. Very good car until the head gasket decides to blow on you. I think after 1999 they did some improvments to the Neon but from 1995 to 1999, BEWARE!!!! These cars are in the junk yard for a reason. I really liked this car but the Head Gasket the big issue. Other than that This car is perfect.
The brake light wiring system/switch in my car needs to be replaced in order to get the brake lights and back flashers working again. I cannot find an online diagram for this system overhaul. Please help.