Mercury Tracer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercury Tracer
- What could be causing a clacking noise in the rear end when applying the brakes?
- Is the O around the D does that mean over drive
- Why would my car not rev after 2000 rpm and bogs out and dies when I try to driv
- how do I replace the serpentine belt on the '96 mercury 4 cylinder 1.9L engine
- Why is the plug to the coil pack not have power running to it?
Mercury Tracer Problems
Valve seats (components in the cylinder head that help seal the valve) can fall out. When this happens, it causes rough running and creates noise. Replacement of the cylinder head is commonly required to fix this problem.
Mercury Tracer Questions
A clacking noise occurs in the rear end when applying brakes at low speeds, and It happens almost every time if car is moving under 20 mph.
Trying to set timing on my 1993 mercury tracer 1.9L
Mercury Tracer Recalls
Mercury Tracer Reviews
I LOVE my Tracer! Bought in 11/2000 with about 45K miles. Currently has 209K miles (as of 7/2011) & still runs very well! Have had to do very little non-routine maintenance. I get average of 32-33 mpg; >90% of my driving is on the highway. I will be VERY sad when I have to get another car; I plan to drive this one until the end. I've never really had to drive the car in the snow, so I can...
Pretty good car. She has made it thur 4 trips back and forth to Texas. Great gas mileage. not a lot to complain about
Fun little car mine is actually good in snow up in NY only drawback would be brakes and stiff seats. Happily recommend this car tho gettin 25/34 mpg to and from work. Cruising along at 127k miles will drive it till i dies.