Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz SLK230
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Hinges For Sun Visor May Break
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- How much does it cost for Ignition lock and tumbler failure?
- trunk would not lock closed, top would not go up and then every thing worked ok
- When retracting the roof up/down the trunk scrapes the bumper as the top goes in
- H͙o͙w͙ t͙o͙ r͙e͙p͙l͙a͙c͙e͙ t͙h͙e͙ m͙a͙s͙s͙ a͙i͙r͙ f͙l͙o͙w͙ s͙e͙n͙s͙o͙r͙
- Does the lid of mbz slk open automatically
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
It is not uncommon for the sun visor hinges to break.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Questions
top was down and I opened trunk and then it would not lock closed ,after sitting a few hours every thing worked fine ?Never did that before .no codes I could trip the lock with a screw driver but would not lock when closed
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Recalls
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Reviews
I recently purchased a used 2001 Mercedes benz SLK230 It is an amazing car. The brakes due to its complex stopping capeability, do wear down faster as with any other high end vehicle and you should expect to replace rotors and brakes everytime for safety. The car has an amazing feel while driving even after it being 10 years old. It has more features in 2001 than some current car companies are ...
ive had this car for 6 years...it has 130,000 miles on it and ive never had an issue with it beside normal maintance. I use it as an everyday car, so it gets a lot of wear and tear...some of the vinyl on consol has peeled and my visor clips are broke on driver side, but then again, the car is 11 years old...i still get compliements on this car...and i tell everyone its 11 years old!
Ok. I have to brag about my car. I've never thought of buying a Mercedes but my 2000 Ford Explorer XLT is giving me problems. I recently turned 46 and thought of getting a convertible. I test drove one of the convertible BMW(can't recall model/series) but it handle not too shabby. I asked the used car dealer to show me anothe convertible. He showed me this car and i fell immediately in lov...