Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 500SEL
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Coolant Leak Due to Cracked/Broken Heater Core Outlet Housing
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
A cracked or broken heater core outlet housing can cause a coolant leak near the bulkhead (firewall). Our technicians remind us that coolant leaks should be repaired in order to avoid overheating the engine due to coolant loss.
Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Questions
Head light do work when turned on, just the rear light are off
Car has a hard bounce in the rear. Feels like a lowrider at times.
COOLANT MIXING INTO THE OIL-COMPRESSION CHECKS SHOWS NO LEAKS!
Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Reviews
I own the fabled 500sel w140, it is a smooth ride!
My 1992 SEL 500 is a fantastic car rides and handles super nice.. Gas milige is terible.. but still love my car..I want to put it in storage.. toylex you just cant beat mercedez! so stop trying.