Infiniti J30 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Infiniti J30
- Low or Unstable Idle Due to Varnish Deposits in the Throttle Body
- A "clunking noise" When the Automatic Transmission is Initially Shifted Into Forward or Reverse
- Check Engine Light Due to a Canister Purge Valve Fault
- Loss of Electrical Power to Various Accessories
- Check Engine Light With Throttle Position Switch Fault Codes
- I turn the car off it automatically locks me in. I have unlock my door outside
- lost keys & don't have the key code- 96 j30
- My car won't start & I think it has something to do with the security system
- how much coolant do i put into the car and is that the same as antifreeze???????
- I had to replace the water pump after I had replaced the alternator.
Infiniti J30 Problems
A "clunking noise" may be noted when the vehicle is initially started and the automatic transmission is shifted into forward or reverse, Our technicians tall us this is a normal operation of the Anti lock brake system (ABS) and is of no concern.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an EVAP system charcoal canister purge control valve fault. Our technicians tell us that if the valve requires replacement, a revised part is available which should be installed.
Infiniti J30 Questions
I lost the keys to my 1996 Infiniti J30, and am being asked for the key code in order to make a replacement key for it. I looked in the owners manual and there is no key code written in there, all it says is that the code is written on a "key plate" that would have been given with the o...
car has been running fine until yesterday. I stopped to clean the car out & when I got in to leave the car wouldn't crank. It started making a clicking noise in the dash area that was something new to me because it has never done it before & the headlights started flashing. The lights...
Infiniti J30 Recalls
Infiniti J30 Reviews
Great car. Feels very well built and has great fit and finish. Mine has 130k miles & it runs and drives well. They require timing belt replacements every 60-90k miles. Some electrical bugs, nothing serious. The only gripe I have is the not so great fuel economy.
Very comfortable cabin, small trunk, not as fuel efficient as you would like in today's world, but a great car. Repairs have been minimal over 16 years.
its a good comfertable riding car, But total four fuel injectors went bad in several times.Also in 120k mils my transmission went bad and i had to spend 1500k.