Infiniti G37 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Infiniti G37
- A "tapping sound" From the Drivers Side of the Engine
- Vehicles With an Automatic Transmission May Experience a Harsh Downshift From 4th to 3rd Gear
- The "Brake" Warning Light May Stay Illuminated With the Parking Brake Released
- Engine RPM May Incerase Up to 500 RPM During Braking
- Check Engine Light With Code P0603
- my steering wheel makes a noise, needs to be topped off often to quiet it down.
- White smoke from vents. Loss of power. What could It be? Looking for a shop.
- Does the engine have to be replaced?
- Is there a reason why my Vehicle Dynamic Control light is always illumanted? It's not showing that I turned the system off. It seemed like it's activated but I really don't have a clue.
- Jiffy Lube changed my ATF. It has a major leak and is now empty and slipping to the point the car won't move. What can I do?
Infiniti G37 Problems
A "tapping sound" may develop from the drivers side of the engine. The noise may be associated with the variable valve event and lift actuator. Our technicians tell us a software update for the powertrain control module (PCM) is available to correct this issue.
Vehicles with a 7 speed automatic transmission may experience a harsh downshift from 4th to 3rd gear on deceleration. Our technicians tell us revised control module software is available to correct this concern. On higher mileage vehicles other faults may cause transmission shifting issues. Whenever a transmission repair is performed, the control module should be checked for the latest software and updated if necessary.
On vehicles equipped with a "foot operated" parking brake, the "brake" warning light may stay illuminated even though the parking brake is fully released. Our technicians tell is a revised parking brake assembly is available to correct this concern.
Infiniti G37 Questions
The car also smokes when you crank it pretty bad but only if it is a cold start, and when you drive it at the point the car reaches 2500 RPMs in any gear in manual and auto It stalls and drops back down to 2000 rpms and picks right back up?????HELP PLEASE Iit has not even reached 50000 miles yet.
Infiniti G37 Recalls
The power window switches were incorrectly manufactured. The auto-reverse feature does not operate and a pinch injury may result before the window reverses direction. Dealers will replace the power window switches to correct this concern.
This recall affects certain vehicles equipped Occupant Classification System (OCS) control units manufactured by Continental Automotive Systems. A varistor in the OCS control unit may have been manufactured out of specification. Under certain conditions, this could interupt the signal between the OCS and the air bag control unit (ACU), causing the passenger air bag to be suppressed in an accident. If the air bag does not deploy when needed in a crash, the risk of injury is increased. Dealers will test the signal between the OCS and ACU with a special tool to verify proper function. The seat cushion containing the OCS hardware will be replaced as necessary. The recall began November 4, 2008.
Infiniti G37 Reviews
twice within the last 3 weeks, the brakes on the car did not hold. First time was lucky. Infinity promised that they took the brakes apart, and checked them thoroughly. Just had a minor accident near my home because again the brakes did not hold. The car jerked forward twice with my foot on the brake pedal, unable to stop it. Has anyone else ever had this problem?
I love my G37S. The driving experience is wonderful. It's not quite as luxurious as the Lexus IS series on the inside, but it's real close. And what it lacks there it more than makes up for in sportiness.
Excellent vehicle in all aspects except for the transmission has issues finding the right gear during quick acceleration and the Paint Sucks too Soft if you breathe on it you have swirl marks, No not because of my breath (it's possible :)) Other than those two items would definitely recommend it over Lexus or BMW get so much more power and car for less money.