Auto Systems and Repair: Heater Blower Motor
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Little or no airflow from HVAC system
- Abnormal noise or vibration during operation
Related Repair Advice
- Mice may build nests in the heater blower fan, filling it with nesting material that can cause the fan to jam or malfunction
- If you can hear the blower motor operating, but cannot feel air flow from the vents, there is a problem with the airflow controls, not the blower motor
- Heater blower motors can be damaged by fluid leaking from a heater core or evaporator. Any fluid leaks near the heater blower need to be resolved or the new heater blower will be ruined.
- After the repair, the heater motor should run normally at all speeds and in all modes, such as defrost, heat, etc. The new motor should be quiet and not vibrate.
- When replacing the blower motor, the electrical connections should be thoroughly inspected. A poor connection can result in erratic bower motor operation.