2010 Ford Explorer Problem Reports

Most Reported 2010 Ford Explorer Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.

A rattling noise from the engine may indicate that the timing chain cassette is worn. Our technicians tell us that installing an updated cassette and timing chain tensioner should correct this concern.

The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.

My 2008 Explorer radiator failed on its own. I later noticed that my fan will always run trying to keep up with the heat generated. I also had to keep topping coolant. On making a little research, i found out that its a common problem with 2006 thru 2008 ford explorer and so many people had replaced their radiator. The cost of doing this can set you back almost a thousand bucks. I did replace the leaking radiator along with the reservoir and t...

The engine was running perectly when all of a sudden it started misfiring and check engine light began to flash. Ford Dealer said timing chain jumped bent a few valves, broke apart and pieces fell down into the internal engine. Also said this has been an ongoing problem for years.. Dealer said approximately $10,000 to repar... YES "$10,000" is the exact number he quoated me. My warranty is 60,000 miles I am 113 mile over the warr...