Dodge Journey Reviews

Dodge Journey Reviews and Owner Comments

We bought our dodge journey 2013 last august 2013..I was so happy to drive new vehicle that i thought its reliable coz its brand new. Not even one year yet i got the problem, the power steering was broke, so we took it to the dealer in fort sainth john, bc. they fixed it. After 5 months the car got problem again, even worst problem coz you cant even drive the vehicle. So we called the chrysler and they adviced that they gonna towed it to fort sainth john dealer. And its because it was long weekend, the next working day the fort sainth john dealer called me and asked why our vehicle was towed to their place. My husband told them that there is a problem on that vehicle need to fix. They told us that they cant fix it so we need to wait maybe 2-3 weeks. The next day they phoned again and told my husband that the vehicle was fixed and they want us to get right away, My husband said we cant get it right away coz we are 400 kms away to that dealer ( atleast 4 hours drive). But the customer service answered rudely that we need our vehicle to be out of their place right away or else they gonna put it out of thier property... WOW, what a service they gave..Until now we did not get our vehicle back yet...
Worst car ever. Dodge is a joke I have a 2013 Dodge Journey purchased new in summer of 2013. Starting having problems until 24,000 miles which is brand new car - Transmission slipping took back to dealer did get replacement w/out no cost now the engine is not good sounds terrible needed an replacement. Now stalls which this problem happened since July when took my wife and 3 kids to Myrtle Beach SC luckily did have nearest Chrysler dealer in area took most of our vacation money spending on a damn module. After got back to MD notice I was losing power all gauges were going down back in with customer service I need another transmission because of coils misfired one 2nd transmission. In November 2014 happens again almost rear ended when on 1-75 heading towards Baltimore contacted Chrysler myself no help from them I have all service records and everything proving that got repairs done on this vehicle now this time I have to pay on a new transmission. I spent some money on this vehicle besides the engine/transmission got brakes replaced 3x plus rotors and dash lights would go off randomly. I will never buy a Chrysler product ever again might be looking at Honda next time because I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle.
worst car on the world,i was very happy with my ford explorer,this one went to mexico with me like 20 times,first time i took the 09 journey the trasmission broke down and i have to come back on the bus ,me and my family,now i took the journey to the dealer for a recall on the ignition ,and they burn mystarter and posibbly my ecm,i work for autozone and i belive is not fair for them to do that to people who relays only on one car to move around.
i have a 2009 journey r/t after about 60,000 miles the engine seems to have a whining noise lack of power. when the transmission shifts into overdrive or 6th gear the engine starts clattering sounds like a diesel engine. worst vehicle ever owned will go back to chevy or ford from now on
38,000 miles and getting ready to replace third set of brake rotors. First time was re-machined and did not last. Then dealer replaced with newer version of Original Equipment. Now 21000 miles later, same thing allover again. Vehicle initially good value for money, but is now becoming a liability.
I bought my car and there has been a vibration while driving all the time. It has been back to dealer 4 times and I called Chrysler and nothing is being done. Brewbaker Dodge doesn't want it coming back anymore for this problem. They said it has something to do with the ECO mode. I had a Charger with the ECO mode and never had this problem. Chrysler is not standing behind their cars either. DON'T GET THE DODGE JOURNEY SXT IT SUCKS.
At first I was very happy to get my new 2013 2 weeks ago. So much I like just driving EVERWHERE. Anyway, yesterday I noticed the front bumper cover coming off. I was able to snap it back into place and I took it to Dodge today. When I got to Dayton Andrews Dodge, I was quickly disappointed when I was told by Aaron in the body shop that this is a known issue with the front and back bumpers of the Journey and I can expect it to get worse. He refused to fix it. "Nothing to Fix". Really? Why? Doesn't Dodge know this isn't only a value issue, but a safety problem. Imagine this, driving down the highway at 70 miles an hour all of a sudden the front bumper cover comes off causing a "blow out" and causing an accident.
I am at 21k miles, have had Veh. for 3 years, (short work commute). At 15k miles I needed to change all pads, and resurface all rotors(rears were worse). This is way too early for rear brakes. Tires have been a huge problem, I have replaced 2 of them, extremely expensive, and now need to replace the other 2. I am going to change the tire size, and just buy 4 new tires, it will be cheaper this way. If you dont understand why I would do this, just google Dodge Journey Kumho, and you will understand. Again, this is way too early to be replacing tires. Those are the 2 major problems I have had, the rest are just minor annoyances, but still should not be happening. Such annoyances are, but not limited to.....rear shocks or struts, whichever it is, make very loud squeak when going over a speed bump, no matter the speed. All 4 doors make very loud squeak when opening them, I spray them very often. Driver side window, very loud squeaking when opening/closing. Front bumper is detaching from vehicle, causing approx. a half inch gap. This veh. was never in an accident. And last but not least, the driver seat makes some odd noise coming from underneath. I will give Dodge this one, since I am over weight, lol. Like I said, the rest are all a bunch of small annoyances, but these are things that should not be happening at such a low mileage. In the snow, I am very happy with the AWD, and though it is not the fastest car in the world, it is comfortable on the highway, giving you enough pickup to over take easily, and does handle pretty well at higher speeds for an SUV. Overall though, for the price, I would def look at other SUVs first, before settling for this Veh.
This is the worst POS car I have ever owned. The brake and rotors I have had problems with ever since I bought it. Coolent system problems all the time.
have dodge journey 2012, when switching from reverse to drive, makes clunking sound and shifts hard
Having issues with the rear tires wearing on the inside... The outside tread on the rear look brand new, while the inside tread is looking to be a lot worn. The front tires are worn eeven all the way across. Is the rear just a camber adjustment??
11 months and 11,500 miles and no complaints. At pure highway, getting 26 MPG which is better than sticker's 24MPG rating. City driving about per sticker at 17MPG. Have 6-cylinder engine and has been excellent...plenty of power and no lugging at freeway speeds. Best aspect and main reason I purchased, was head and leg room. If you're tall, this is the crossover type car you need to consider. Only drawback is the interior plastics are not quite same quality look/feel as others and always seems to be reported in Chrysler/Dodge products. BTW---I owned several cars and this is my first Dodge. I am happy with it!