Chevrolet Corsica Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Corsica
- Leaking Water Pump May Cause Coolant Loss and Overheating
- High Pressure Power Steering Hose Can Leak Fluid
- Torque Converter Clutch Can Stick After Extended Freeway Driving
- Stalling or Low Engine Idle Speed Due to Dirty Throttle Body
- Car Won't Start Due to Ignition Coil/Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Car will only start when cold. It will crank but no start when hot. Replaced fuel pump,ignition coil,cam sensor. Please help very frustrated!!
- when can to find o2 sensor?
- I'm having the same problem did you ever figure it out?
- what could it be? Help!
- how do you get off the horn cover to then to get off the steering wheel
Chevrolet Corsica Problems
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The torque converter clutch can stick "on" after extended freeway driving causing the engine to stall when coming to a stop. Our technicians tell us when this occurs, the engine usually will restart and stall when put into gear. After allowing about twenty minutes for the engine and transmission to cool down, the engine will start and the transmission will operate normally. Replacing the torque converter clutch solenoid, transmission filter, and fluid will generally correct this issue.
Chevrolet Corsica Questions
Chevrolet Corsica Recalls
Chevrolet Corsica Reviews
for a free car it has been very reliable
This car has been nothing but a giant headache, i bought the car with 150,000 miles on it. I have put 9,000 miles on it and between then iv'e put a little under 3,500 dollars in it. and now im having problems with the car over heating after i just put in a brand new radiator, could it be the thermostat? and also my car feels like its gonna die sometimes when i start it up and sometimes it does ...
96 corsica Good strong running car i have seen and driven alot worse 2.2 4 cylinder version very reliable much more so than any import ive seen its weathered the elements snow included all its life still starts right up cant say the same for my brothers newer toyota lol my only problem is today it stalled on me goin 10 mph down a private road right after startup im thinking i should let her war...