Chevrolet Corsica Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Chevrolet Corsica
- Leaking Water Pump May Cause Coolant Loss and Overheating
- High Pressure Power Steering Hose Can Leak Fluid
- Torque Converter Clutch Can Stick After Extended Freeway Driving
- Stalling or Low Engine Idle Speed Due to Dirty Throttle Body
- Car Won't Start Due to Ignition Coil/Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- I have a chevy corsica(1996) it cranks when you put starting fluid in, but it wont start i think its a fuel pump problem im not quite sure, it has fuel in the fuel rail pumping though?
- What is causing a noise when I go around corners. It sounds like its coming from
- my "low oil level" light is on why won't it go off?
- right front wheel clicks when car is moving forward, stops when i put on the
Chevrolet Corsica Problems
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The torque converter clutch can stick "on" after extended freeway driving causing the engine to stall when coming to a stop. Our technicians tell us when this occurs, the engine usually will restart and stall when put into gear. After allowing about twenty minutes for the engine and transmission to cool down, the engine will start and the transmission will operate normally. Replacing the torque converter clutch solenoid, transmission filter, and fluid will generally correct this issue.
Chevrolet Corsica Questions
my oil is not low either it also stayed on after an oil change
breaks. happens all the time.
Chevrolet Corsica Recalls
Chevrolet Corsica Reviews
for a free car it has been very reliable
This car has been nothing but a giant headache, i bought the car with 150,000 miles on it. I have put 9,000 miles on it and between then iv'e put a little under 3,500 dollars in it. and now im having problems with the car over heating after i just put in a brand new radiator, could it be the thermostat? and also my car feels like its gonna die sometimes when i start it up and sometimes it does ...
96 corsica Good strong running car i have seen and driven alot worse 2.2 4 cylinder version very reliable much more so than any import ive seen its weathered the elements snow included all its life still starts right up cant say the same for my brothers newer toyota lol my only problem is today it stalled on me goin 10 mph down a private road right after startup im thinking i should let her war...