1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Engine Problems Due to Distributor Cap and Rotor, Bad Ignition Wires, or Valve Cover Gasket Leaks
- Interior Wood Trim Cracks Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Speedometers May Fail Due to Internal Drive Gear Wear
- Failure of EHA valve may cause fuel/engine problems
- Cost to replace water pump?
- My 1989 Mercedes 300E has been stalling over the last 3 months. It cut off on
- loss key. how to replace cylinder without a key
- I have a 1990 - 300E Mercedes. Odometer and trip meter have quit working.
- What could be the problem of my car stalling, mostly at stops. It cranks right back up.
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E Problems
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
A rough running motor or lack of power can be caused by a failed distributor cap or rotor, ignition wires (or their resistors), or valve cover gasket leaks. If the valve cover gasket leaks, oil can pool where the ignition wire resistor connects to the spark plug. The resistor can fail and the spark plug may not fire because of a short circuit through the oil.
Due to age and sun exposure, the interior wood trim cracks and the finish gets a cloudy haze. Replacement if the trim would be the most common solution to the problem.
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E Questions
Problem mostly occurs after driving for about 15 - 20 minutes.On Freeway the transmission will go into third gear and stay there, sometimes second gear. ATF is clean and at level. Any help would be appreciated.
When I select Drive, the transmission take about 7 seconds to kick in to gear. have checked all fluid levels. all is fine. Could this be an electrical problem?
When the ac is on or sitting at idle the temp goes up. I start driving and the temp goes down. Earlier the Oil gauge just started going crazy then stopped working. Using oil but not leaking....crazy stuff but always gets me to work and back. I had the valve cover gaskets replaced last year but ...
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E Reviews
Everything is great except when taking off at a dead stop, it tends to feel like it's not gonna make it then, wham, she takes off barks 2nd gear and goes. And that is with a striaght 6 cyl
I have this Mercedes-Benz 1990 3000E all of sudden out of no were, the car was on park went to put in reverse the park car would not move! Had no signs of tranny problems at all! No leaks at all! car runs awesome until this! mileage is 168000! What could this be?
power seats will not work if doors are closed but work when any door is opened------any ideas to problem thanks