1991 Ford Escort Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Ford Escort
- Valve Seats on Cylinder Head May Fall Out and Cause Rough Running/Noise
- Cylinder Head Replaced Due to Crack Between Valves
- Change Power Steering Fluid to Avoid Steering Pump/Gearbox Problems
- Distributor Shaft O-Ring Seal May Leak Oil
- Problem With Idle Air Bypass Valve May Cause Engine Performance Problems
- Would my car still pass smog if i straight piped the exhaust system ?
- what kind of motor oil do i use for my ford escort ? Could i us 5w20w
- Why is my 91 ford escort lx making a clicking noise?
- 91 ford escort lose speed on freways when exhilirating 60 to 70 mphs
- My car dies when i go around sharp turns.
1991 Ford Escort Problems
Valve seats (components in the cylinder head that help seal the valve) can fall out. When this happens, it causes rough running and creates noise. Replacement of the cylinder head is commonly required to fix this problem.
The engine may overheat due to coolant loss as a result of a cracked cylinder head. In most cases the cylinder head will require replacement to correct this concern.
Failure to change the power steering fluid can cause the fluid to become gray with metal particles. The contaminated fluid can damage the power steering pump resulting in a growling noise when the wheel is turned; the damaged pump will require replacement to eliminate the noise.. Life of the power steering gearbox and pump will be shortened if the fluid is not serviced regularly.
1991 Ford Escort Questions
Makes a clicking noise when driving.
91 ford escort lose speed on freways when exhilirating 60 to 70 mphs
1991 Ford Escort Recalls
1991 Ford Escort Reviews
Parents bought this Escort LX for like under $1,000 with 26k miles on it. I bought it from them with like 99k miles on it after I blew the head on it. I've had it and ran it hard for 29k miles and the most Ive had to do to it is change the oil, change the front brakes (caliper locked up), belts, hoses, radiator (cause I put a drill bit in it by accident and was getting ready to move to Florida ...
i have a 1991 ford escort. i love this car but it has been a pain my timing belt keeps breaking every two years. other than that though it is pretty cool, when i got it the car was kinda lame. I replaced the plug wires which were brittle cuz they were the original. Replaced the spark plugs, thermostat, fuel filter, and the water pump and timing belt 3X. but i have to say when it is working my c...
i wish the horn would work