Auto Systems and Repair: Steering Column
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Excessive steering movement up and down or sideways
- Abnormal noise from inside column when turning
Related Repair Advice
- A vibration felt in the steering wheel is commonly caused by a problem in the front of the vehicle. A vibration while driving is generally a tire balance issue. A vibration while braking usually indicates a brake rotor problem.
- Failed components inside the steering column can almost always be replaced without replacing the entire steering column assembly
- Theft and accident damage are probably the most common reasons a steering column would require repair