Mercury Marauder Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercury Marauder
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercury Marauder Problems
Low compression caused by leakage from exhaust valves can cause the check engine light to illuminate indicating an engine misfire. The cylinder head will need to be rebuilt by a qualified machine shop if possible. Please note that this problem will require careful diagnosis because misfires can also be caused by basic ignition components like spark plugs, coils, etc.
The spark plugs may become dislodged from the cylinder heads. A loud popping noise can be heard and a subsequent misfire experienced. The threads on the spark plug ports in the cylinder head(s) can become stripped or missing when the spark plug is dislodged. The threads in cylinder heads may be replaced using “Lock-N-Stitch” aluminum inserts. Our technicians tell us thread replacement is performed when the vehicle is out of base warranty. Vehicles under base warranty receive a new cylinder head.
Mercury Marauder Questions
how to replace light for oil pressure gauge ?
Have new motor but cables need replacing.
what is the process to replace spark plugs in 2003 Merc Marauder?
Mercury Marauder Reviews
love my Marauder-I just had my power steering pump replaced-the rack replaced and the sensoe and the car is still not fixed. It it pulling to the left and comes and goes with driving. They put in a napa pump and now changing to a ford pump-is there something else going on? thanks
Great car have had mine for 8 years now and put on 60,000 miles