Mercedes-Benz 560SEC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 560SEC
- In my 87 sec, heated seats malfunctioning
- I put on a new alternator now my car dies when I turn on my head lights...
- 1987 560 SEC, unable to adjust both front seats via switches on the door fuse ok
- Is it possible to drop in a modern AMG engine into a 560sec
- i want to ask if i can put a new motor in mercedes 560sec from w203 kompressor
Mercedes-Benz 560SEC Problems
The fuel pump and/or fuel pump relay can fail, causing the car to crank over but not start. Proper diagnoses will be necessary to confirm if the pump or relay is at fault.
Valve stem seals may wear and cause the engine to burn oil. this can contaminate the catalytic converter and cause it to fail.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
Mercedes-Benz 560SEC Questions
I checked fuses they are not blown, what should I look for next? Any suggestions? Since both front seats can not be adjusted I am wondering if a wiring issue or module may be out. Where can I go in the car to check?
Is it possible to drop in a modern AMG engine into a 560sec (or any model from 2000 motors kompressor
or any new engineer from 2004 kompressor to 560sec