Mercedes-Benz 500E Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 500E
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercedes-Benz 500E Problems
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
As brake fluid becomes dirty over time, it can cause a failure of the anti-lock brake system (ABS) modulator assembly. Our technicians recommend a complete brake system flush every two years to help prevent this issue.
A coolant leak may develop form the Radiator due to degradation of its plastic components. Replacement of the failed radiator will be necessary.
Mercedes-Benz 500E Questions
TRYING TO GET THE CAR TO START, WE ARE PUTTING A QUARTER PANEL ON IT
My 500 E misses severely to the point that it is now hard to get going when it is not driven for a few days. Initially, it runs OK, but if parked and then restarted, it misses severely. If I drive it daily, it runs smoothly. I have had the plug wires and plugs changed. It acts like it is not ...
i have a e500 merecedes benz 2004 riding too low i replace the hydralic air compressor and the relay the car is still ride too low. what else can i try? i need help in a hurry?