Lexus IS300 Reviews

Lexus IS300 Reviews and Owner Comments

I bought mine in 2010 with 80k miles. I do regular oil changes and have done the water pump and timing belt and have had zero problems and now has 140k. This car looks great, is fun to drive, and is reliable. I also have had the melting dash problem, but for my only issue with the vehicle to be cosmetic I am happy. I hope to drive it many more years and by the looks of it I will
is it normal that your car is hot inside like air coming out underneath the pedal and the dash?
Exceptional build quality and reliability. Fun to drive. Definitely my taste, appears that Lexus read my mind in my most desirable features in a family car with Traction control, heated seats and exceptional climate control system. Never let me down. 2002 IS300 with manual transmission. Currently with 101,000 miles, the only maintenance I have done are normal wear and tear and preventive maintenance. Oil and filter change, air filter, tires, timing belt, clutch. Highly recommended. Drive train completely stock. Only modifications are LED bulbs, audio system, Infinity basslink active subwoofer, replaced stock tires with 245/45/17s. Definitely a keeper. Strong contender to consider if you have a small family and enjoys stick shift/manual transmission. Priceless...
I LOVE MY IS300. THIS CAR IS FUN TO DRIVE. I DRIVE IT EVERY CHANCE I GET. I OWN OTHER SPORTS CARS. THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE CAR TO DRIVE. SOMEONE LOWERED MINE WHEN I BOUGHT IT. I AM PLANNING TO TAKE IT TO THE LEXUS DEALER AND LET THEM RAISE IT BACK TO THE FACTORY LOOK. AM HAVING TIRE WEARING ISSUES RIGHT NOW, OTHER THAN THAT THE CAR RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT. IT WOULD A CAR I WOULD DRIVE ON LONG DISTANCE TRIPS. THE FACTORY STEREO IN THE CAR SOUNDS LIKE A BOSE STEREO. MY CD CHANGER IS GIVING ME TROUBLE NOW. THE CD'S WON'T EJECT MOST OF THE TIME. IT BLOWS OUT SUPER COLD AC AND HEAT WORKS GREAT IN THE WINTER TIME. IT HEATS UP SUPER FAST. I LOVE THOSE BUTT WARMERS IN THE WINTER TIME AS WELL. THIS IS300 HANDLES SUPER GREAT IN CURVES. IT HAS A WOUNDERFULL LOOK TO IT. I GET A LOT OF HEAD TURNS. EVEN BMW OWNERS ARE LOOKING. MAYBE WISHING THEY HAD A IS300.
I have owned my 2001 Lexus IS 300 for 9years when I bought it new. It is an amazingly great car. In the last year I've had to only replace the brake pads and shocks. More recently, I am having 2 ball joints replaced as they have never been done. The car still drives well, is great on gas and looks great!! Love my Lexus!!
The interior finish on the dash of my IS300 has per other observations from stories I've read started to "melt" when touched. Dealership stated problem due to use of Armor All which I did use over last few year. I removed interior dash per instructions I obtained on line and used solution of ammonia, water and dish soap to rub off all paint on the dash. It came off like black tar, then I purchased black vinyl paint from Duplo and used an adhesion primer to re-paint entire dash. I did not apply any clear coat finish. The final finish matched the other black pieces in the interior perfectly. All in all I spent weekend removing parts and that week painting parts in the evening and reinstalled parts the next weekend. Removing air bag, instrument panel and lowering steering column and radio were not fun but well worth the final results.
I have a 2003 is300. My wife talked me out of a Cooper S and I'm happy she did, cause this car is great!
Great car since new--now 95000. Replaced only Air Flow sensor at reasonable cost (dealer) $250 @ 40K and 90K. Timing belt changed @86K for $600 at Dealer special--noticeable improvement drivetrain performance. Maintenance done in local shops with common Toyota parts. Looking forward to keep car for another 50 thousands miles. Easy tire replacement via TireRack.
IS300 SportDesign. Love the car, great engine, very quiet with lots of spunk. It will keep up with my SL500 up until about 90mph. Great body style and attention grabbing wheels (13 spoke). It handles very will with the SportDesign suspension, much better than the non-SportDesign models. Almost as good as my Porsch 968 and definitely faster. Passenger side dash airbag cover is fading even though it is garaged and spends very little time in the sun. Heat/AC temp varies about 3-4 degrees before coming on. Replaced front strut at 25K miles, and is making the same noise again at 65K.
Amazing Car!
Excellent drive. I have taken some of the wildest turns of my life in this car, and it never disappoints me! comfortable ride, plenty of space inside; most of all, it never looks bad! :)
Great driving car with nimble handling and an incredibly smooth engine and transmission. Not as luxurious or roomy on the inside as higher end lexus vehicles, but overall a great car for those who appreciate good handling and fun driving.
I have owned an '02 IS300 for about 4 years now and I love it.