Reviews for Lexus IS250 years:

Lexus IS250 Reviews and Owner Comments

Lexus IS250Owner Reviews (8 reviews)
    Visitor, Thousand Oaks, CA, August 28, 2013 19:25
    I purchased a 2006 lexus is 250 F sport in 2010 with about 40k on it. The day I saw it at the dealer it was marked 24,999 and I test drove it .I was very pleased with the trip tronic 6 speed auto trans , heated and cooled seats ,the home link standard {for opening garage doors } and the auto dim mirrors but told the dealer who I had bought 3 previous cars from that it was to much and left . Later that week I received a suprising call , Barry from thousand oaks Honda call me personally and said ill let you have the car for what we paid , of course I asked how much and had seen the car fax .16,600 So I bought it that day and am just hitting 70k on it today 8/28/13 Mods, and work done include : NGK ir. plugs with driver side plentum gasket . Trans fluid flush with gun and thermostat 25 quarts run thru . came out nice just pull the side "fill plug " and release the drain plug when full each time . done about 13 times for 120$ . Purchased and installed eibach pro springs and fully adj. upper control arms so it doesn't wear inside or out {stock ride hight always wears out the outside of the tires from 06 -08 replaced heater control with full nav and climate control retaining 6disc F sport cold air intake F sport exhaust F sport front and rear sway bars cusco strut tower bar {works great non adjustable perfect welds which make for such great turns also HID headlights and foglights {oem color 4300k} Iam 35 turning 36 September and don't really drive this car hard at all ,yes occasionally ill push it to 6200 rpm and paddle shift but mostly I drive norm and keep it on econ /norm power . I only changed the brakes 1 time and swapped them with drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads 250 for the package and they are at 90 % today . I have it at the dealer finally taking care of the trunk latch recall and wiper recall and to make sure there are no problems and so far they had it all day and I showed them the notice of 5 items to check and all test positive {they were kind enough to put me in a new gs 2014 while they do this for free } and are keeping it 1 more day to see if they can get it to act up ... In closing : This is a very well built car ,real wood trim , great gas milage w/ F sport intake and exhaust upgrades I noticed about 4mpg difference so freeway I get 32 to 35 and city anywhere from 19 to 25 Also it is completely made /assembled in 1 place Japan and sent here all Cars that are made in 1 place tend to stand the test of time ! Lecus has a factory and mimic the Italians with Ferrari and their assembly . with chemical baths for the body ,robots first tighten down every thing on a line then a human has to torque each and every bold down to the last 1 So do they go above and beyond ? By Far I have owned lincons , ford , chevy , Hondas , Toyotas even infinitys but nothing beats a lexus especially not the new bmws
    Visitor, Fort Pierce, FL, March 06, 2013 13:30
    While I love the sporty look of the IS-250, I have had 3 recalls on the vehicle since I've owned it. Lexus/Toyota does take care of its customers, but we pay a premium up-front to do so. I've experienced excessive brake wear and brake dust on this model, but love how it drives. The inside panels of the doors and the interior decking is made of a soft material that scratches too easily and wears too quickly. I've owned three Lexus models and have been satisfied with purchasing new versus pre-owned of which I have now.
    Visitor, Burnt Corn, AL, November 18, 2012 10:37
    I bought my 2006 IS250 in July of 2010 w/ only 30K on it. Since then I"ve added another 40K. Replaced water pump at 63K, but no other mechanical issues. Front seats are not very supportive and the trunk release/gas cap release buttons have fallen through the dash. Car looks great and gets pretty good mileage. Front wheels stay covered in brake dust. Nice car, but too much of a price premium for the name. Will I buy another Lexus when I wear this one out or tire of it? Probably not.
    Visitor, Andover, MA, November 01, 2012 18:13
    Very reliable and fun car to drive. My 2006 250 manual has always had a noisy transmission with over 140K miles. Brakes are dusty. I've changed oil, tires, battery and exhaust. Mirrors are crap, rearview and sides. Fun to drive, but no power. Invest in good tires for best handling. Snows make it almost impossible to spin out in winter weather.
    clawz, Lafayette, LA, August 31, 2011 21:32
    My 2007 IS 250 has plenty of horse power for this size car. I had a brake pad problem, but Lexus paid for it. I have an open recall right now for a fuel pressure switch. I did what a lot of other people do, ( I bought a certified used car) and let someone else take the beating on the resale. My wife absolutely loves it, so that's all I need. Mom happy = Daddy happy. Anyway, good luck to all. This is a great website for anyone who owns a car. Their response time was only a few hours a most. Thanks to anyone who works for this website or company or has anything to do with this site at all. I'm a happy camper.
    debbiesmith, Beaufort, NC, April 18, 2011 09:52
    My first luxury car and oh boy what ride. It handles like a dream. Lot of brake dust on the front wheels.
    Visitor, Keller, TX, February 08, 2011 07:28
    excessive front brake pad dust on rims. Under warranty dealer replaced the front pads and disc's free. Excellent car.
  • 2008 Lexus IS250
    Visitor, Austin, TX, April 15, 2010 06:59
    This is one car that you'll just have to drive to believe! I've owned several different high end cars but 'for the money' this one is the best. I purchased my 2008 in 2010 (with low miles) from a 'one owner'. The car is flawless. I've heard that there are issues with brake pads wearing out prematurely and I will be removing my wheel to see how much brake pads are left. At any rate, I have no complaints about this car! I'd recommend it to anyone...!