Reviews for Lexus GS300 years:

Lexus GS300 Reviews and Owner Comments

Lexus GS300Owner Reviews (25 reviews)
    Visitor, San Antonio, TX, January 17, 2014 07:21
    i bought 2000 lexus runs for one min. then i drive iit for 1 min. then turns off then put it park then take off key then turns on again same thing again and again can some tell me whats wrong
    Visitor, San Clemente, CA, November 25, 2013 17:43
    Bought as certified pre-owned w/43k miles in 2002. Now has over 325k miles. Has been a great car. Needs work but cannot complain. Only real mechanical problems were a catalytic converter, a tensioner pulley bearing freeze-up causing belt to jump and a timing belt gear to break. The shop made some mistakes putting it back together on last item and bent some valves but fixed. All this happened after 250k miles. Lexus made a very good car.
  • 1993 Lexus GS300
    Visitor, Smyrna, DE, October 22, 2012 18:09
    I have a 1993 Lexus gs 300 and I now have it for 5yrs with only 149000 miles on it I brought it with 113 miles on it and I never had any problems with it until 2012 when my engine check light came I'm and stayed on and my trac ligh t stays on as well does anybody have a answer for this problem sure could use the help aslo I love my car and I won't give up on it for nothing it the best use car I ever brought an still have it to this day.u.
    Visitor, Corona, CA, June 07, 2012 06:36
    Yeah I have a suggestion for the dirty car guy....clean your car! I detail mine once a week, and spot clean it everyday...sometime twice a day. I love my car and she loves me back
    Visitor, Baltimore, MD, March 13, 2012 10:23
    Hello. I love this car and so do many people that see me get out. It is completely custom and fully loaded. I got lucky. I brought the car with 199 thousand miles for 3000 dollars. I put 1000 dollars into it. It runs excellent. People think it is a 2004-2006 when it is freshly washed. I have a 1998 GS 400 body, but the engine has been changed to a 300 style. I just replaced the oil pump, timing belt, water pump, ball joints, all oxygen sensors. When you change the oil pump you will need to make sure you order the proper seals from the dealership. For the person that wanted to know about the o2 sensors, it is best to replace them all because when you go back to emissions, there will most likely be another that is bad. my Father is a mechanic so I fished out 1000 for the parts, but my parts were equaled to 2200 dollars. Thank God for Dads. The labor would have cost me 2500-3000 dollars if I would have taken it to the dealer. Just know that there are parts that you can't get anywhere but the dealer. If they send it to you it may be wrong. What a waist of time. Just go to the dealer ship and take the old part with you. I also got a new radiator, tune up, and the springs that hold the hood up. My car has 208 thousand miles. I have hot rims that need to come off because it weights the suspension down. If you have heavy rims switch. I spent so much money on the engine that I cant get new suspension stuff until August. Anyone know of the best place to go for this. Other than that, if you take care of your car it will take care of you. Lexus is expensive but it is worth it.
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, February 04, 2012 21:19
    I have an 1999 gs300 with 139000 miles, the car is smooth and drive great but, i have a noise inside the dashboard. I already check under the car, the engine, transmission but, i can't hear nothing inside. This noise is driving me crazy and it just sound when i stop the car in traffic light or when i set my car in parkin. What can I do?
    Perplexused, Wrentham, MA, January 17, 2012 16:55
    Hi, my 2003 GS300 Sport Design has been the most luxurious car I've had the pleasure to own. Recently I've had a couple of hic-ups: 1. Rodents got into my air filter compartment and heater fan blower; After shelling out $460 to replace the blower and clean out the nest in both the heater vent and air filter comparment, on the advice of the dealer, I've added a Bounce brand laundry softner cartridge to the air filter compartment and a Bounce sheet to each end of the cabin air filter. That has been working although I also switch my ventilation to recirculation when I park overnigh at home. 2. My Check Engine, traction control and some other light has been coming on intermittingly. I've learned that disconnecting the battery for ~15 minutes will reset the light panel switches. Now the lights are coming on more frequently and after reading some other website posts discovered that it is apparently the oxygen sensors that need to be replaced. Does anyone have any idea what the cost of labor and parts is to replace these?
    Visitor, Wrentham, MA, January 17, 2012 16:47
    Visitor, Charlotte, NC, December 06, 2011 09:01
    I have a 1999 GS 300 with 257,489 miles on it. It's been better behaved than most of my friends and has stuck with me through good times and bad. It smells like a cross between french fries and an old catchers mitt, which I like. My wife won't ride in it, hasn't for years, but my kids love it because they don’t have to be neat. I don’t know if I should get another one or try something different. Any suggestions?
  • 1996 Lexus GS300
    Visitor, Harrisburg, PA, December 02, 2011 07:07
    I have a 1996 Lexus GS 300. The car performs well, but the engine and traction light stays on. I took it to Lexus dealer. First they replaced some parts and reset the light, it stays off for 2 weeks and came back on. I took it back and they checked it, found nothing wrong, reset the light and stays off for 2 weeks and now it is back on. Can anyone help? Thanks, Peter.
  • 1995 Lexus GS300
    Visitor, Alsip, IL, July 26, 2011 14:13
    The gear shift is stuck and i check the transmission level and its fine can anyone tell me how to fix this problem.
  • 2001 Lexus GS300
    Visitor, Norwalk, CA, March 07, 2011 21:03
    Best car I have ever had!
    Visitor, Dublin, CA, December 26, 2010 01:59
    Love the the car i drove the car to east coat with 144000 miles on it with 80-85 mph not even a single problem
    Visitor, Virginia Beach, VA, December 25, 2010 21:27
    Love this car but always gotta replace a part
    oscar rice, Gwynn Oak, MD, December 01, 2010 12:09
    car runs great. I feel like an extention of the car. I have 20"giavanna wheels,the car rolls like it`s on ice. I like it more then my BENZ. ac is cold,cold,cold. cd`s sound good. engine runs cool on very hot days,that means alot.i brought the car at 177,024 mi.I now have 179,200.hope to get well over 300,000 got the car from a auction in VA. I think I`m in LOVE i have
  • 1994 Lexus GS300
    Visitor, Beverly Hills, CA, November 13, 2010 15:13
    I love this car. have had it for a week and can tell i am not gonna give it away in the near future. The ride is soooo smooth and the size of the car is very convenient. the gas milage isnt the BEST but if you dont take advantage of the horsepower available its an awesome machine. would recomend
    Visitor, Alpharetta, GA, July 05, 2010 15:23
    I purchased this car about 6 months ago. I love this car. I have a '92 sc400, as well. I am currently looking for a GS400.
    Visitor, Grimesland, NC, June 04, 2010 14:38
    I hate this car.
    Visitor, Culver City, CA, April 19, 2010 10:50
    Best car I've owned. Will buy another Lexus.
    Visitor, Pawtucket, RI, April 17, 2010 11:19
    good
  • 1994 Lexus GS300
    mosimon82, Houston, TX, February 25, 2010 09:21
    over all this is a wonderful car....if maintanance is kept up lexus will last forever!
    jigga, Newark, NJ, November 08, 2009 23:41
    This is the best car i ever had !! the better outta 12 ...its fast ,its a very sexy car and hugs the road like a new mother holds her baby... i had this car for 2 years already and i will keep it forever !!
    LEXTACY, West Palm Beach, FL, August 19, 2009 09:45
    I own a 1998 Lexus GS300 and I absolutely love my car. I bought it from the original owner and this will be my second GS300. The car has 89K miles on it and I just recently replaced the timimg belt, water pump, front and rear engine seals, both front lower ball joints, valve cover gasket and spark plugs at Lexus of Palm Beach just to name a few and this car can go for another 80K miles without a major problem. I just simply love the inline six cylinder engine with the real wheel drive. My car was originally bought in the State of New York so it came with the heated fron seats. It also has the Xenon lights which is kind of cool to see the lights rise up when you first turn the car on. I am not sure if the original owners replaced them since I am not sure if they were an option back in 98. The car looks flawless and I love the silver color with the nice almost new black leather interior. I also love the craftmanship of the vehicle, everything seems to be in place. I recently took it for service at the dealer and they told me that I need front struts but then again it is an 11 year old vehicle. other than that, I have not had any issues with my car and I will keep it until it dies. The transmission makes a very small noise at lower speeds especially on first gear. The dealer told me that I need to replace my transmission mount so I don't know at this point. This car is not as fast in the take off as his brother from the other mother the GS 400 but on the highway this car flies. I have taken it on the Florida's turnpike at around 120MPH and you can't even feel it. The car is very stable and it seems to accelerate quick when passing other cars at high speeds. I don't recommend you to speed but sometimes the car just wants you to hit the gas pedal to test its performance. I have owned a BMW, Acura, Audi, Honda, Infiniti Mazda and Mercedes but there is nothing like a LEXUS. I know it's a TOYOTA on STEROIDS but because of that is that I will NEVER go back to any of the other cars previoulsy mentioned. Anyways, I love my GS. I wish they would have made a special edition six speed just like the SUPRA, then we really be talking.
  • 2002 Lexus GS300
    lexusdriver, Carrollton, TX, May 19, 2009 14:44
    This is a LUXURY car. Lexus thought about the driver from the feel of the car to the accessories that are provided. However, I've had 2 oxygen sensors that have had to be replaced. Other than that, a very nice car.
    ccdiserv1, Virginia Beach, VA, August 25, 2008 13:15
    The BEST auto ever owned of over ten I haved owned.