Kia Spectra5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Kia Spectra5
- I've get intermittent rough/shaky acceleration.
- Both my driverside and passengerside door handle broke. Doors dont open now
- Both of my headlights went out at the same time but my high beams still work.
- Ing2 30 amp fuse keeps blowing on startup? What would be the probable cause?
- my windshield washer tank leaks?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Kia Spectra5 Problems
A defective AC compressor clutch assembly can cause excessive noise or vibration when the air conditioning is on. Improved parts are available. Replacing the faulty clutch assembly does not necessitate replacement of the complete AC compressor or evacuation and recharging of the air conditioning system.
Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.
The Check Engine Light may erroneously illuminate, signifying a fault with the front oxygen sensor when no fault exists. Replacing the electrical connections at the oxygen sensor with a repair kit available from Kia will commonly fix this problem.
Kia Spectra5 Questions
2006 kia spectra5
Both handles pull but you can tell that the inside of the handle has a piece broken off. Im still able to open the doors with an "L" wrench. Do i just need a new door handle or the whole outside assembly?
Problem started all of the sudden. Drove it friends house it drove fine when I went to leave blew fuse replaced the fuse twice blows it very time. Could the starter be bad?
it leaks when i try to fill it up it's either from the hose or the tank and the only way to get to it is you have to take the fender off
Kia Spectra5 Reviews
Original owner,dissapointed that the heater relay switch quit working 2X. The window molding leaks water,-been that way for yrs. Rear brakes pads wear out fast. Gas door has been broken 2X cheap plastic design. Plastic handles on inside of door,chrome plastic cover came off after 1st yr. Car has 97,500 miles need to have an emissions test done,-will see if car passes without major engine work....
I bought this car brand new with just 17 miles on it. It has now 120.000 miles and no oil leaks. I know I have to do the timing belt change, which I have not doen yet, but its still going strong. Love this car. very good pick up and very roomy inside. Great in snow. I now live in Ga and its still going strong!!!! LOVE IT!!!!
Very roomy interior. Lots of head room and leg room in the front and back seats. Plenty of space in the rear hatch area. Engine could use more zip but is acceptable. Interior noise is not bad. Ride could be more plush but handles curves very well. No small trash receptacle provided. Seats could use a bit more padding. Would be nice if the window ledge was wide enough for a tall person to rest t...