Reviews for Kia Spectra5 years:

Kia Spectra5 Reviews and Owner Comments

Kia Spectra5Owner Reviews (8 reviews)
    Visitor, Longmont, CO, October 24, 2013 19:17
    Original owner,dissapointed that the heater relay switch quit working 2X. The window molding leaks water,-been that way for yrs. Rear brakes pads wear out fast. Gas door has been broken 2X cheap plastic design. Plastic handles on inside of door,chrome plastic cover came off after 1st yr. Car has 97,500 miles need to have an emissions test done,-will see if car passes without major engine work. Oh parts for the KIA are hard to get unless you go to the dealer & pay top dollar. Maybe the internet offers lower costs. Iam told by different mechanics that repair costs on the newer cars are very exspensive. Like $200.00 per strut? Rack & pinion leaks $1,200. Wheel bearings for all wheels cost around $800-$1000. WOW! $200 for a tune up consiting of 4 spark plugs & engine reset on computer? This is not a top fuel dragster! I must say in closing that this car has been very reliable,durable,low maintenance,carry alot of stuff,fun to drive! I pray that I can get another 100,000 miles on it! One would be hard pressed to beat this little car for the money! Ive gone 4 wheeling,moved several times,gone camping,-loaded to the max! Ive owned 4x4 trucks that cost me alot more in gas but are not as easy to load & drive as this little car! It will go in the snow! Put on good tires,-front whhel drive will take you most places a 4x4 will go! Without the exspense of owning the 4x4. Yeah it isnot a super comfortable ride but will get you from point A to point B without the cost of owning the high dollar SUV. Ive spent just the normal maintenance on this car it runs like a top! Move over Honda,-Toyota your priced out of the market for the same quality & durability!
    Visitor, Albany, GA, March 05, 2012 09:10
    I bought this car brand new with just 17 miles on it. It has now 120.000 miles and no oil leaks. I know I have to do the timing belt change, which I have not doen yet, but its still going strong. Love this car. very good pick up and very roomy inside. Great in snow. I now live in Ga and its still going strong!!!! LOVE IT!!!!
  • 2008 Kia Spectra5
    Visitor, Schertz, TX, July 05, 2011 08:52
    Very roomy interior. Lots of head room and leg room in the front and back seats. Plenty of space in the rear hatch area. Engine could use more zip but is acceptable. Interior noise is not bad. Ride could be more plush but handles curves very well. No small trash receptacle provided. Seats could use a bit more padding. Would be nice if the window ledge was wide enough for a tall person to rest their arm on. Controls and guage cluster are easy to read and use. Our car is 3 1/2 years old now and has 78,000 on the odometer. Trouble free until a couple of days ago when the A/C compressor locked up. Dealor wants $800 plus just for the part. That's a bit on the pricey side (IMO).
    SmokyMTN, Seymour, TN, November 06, 2010 08:58
    Love my orange car. I was so ready to give up the van life (three boys and now only one left). I found this little baby used with 4,000 miles. Awesome car. I drive 55 miles round trip every day through mountainous roads, national park and four lane highway and it does great. It has the get up and go I need to jump on the highway and it handles the curves and hills like a champ. I was worried because I never drove anything smaller than a 6 cylinder and this has better go than any of our old vans.
    Visitor, West Des Moines, IA, October 07, 2010 20:43
    I bought this car new in Killeen, TX Sep-2007 with 52 miles on it. We are getting an average of 32mpg hwy. I have to say it has plenty of room, it has excellent pep and runs very quiet. I do alot of hwy driving, i just passed 81,000 miles. On my second set of tires, but after my first oil change we went 5W-20 Full Synthetic and never looked back. We are getting ready for the big up keep, so we are changing out the brake rotors, pads, etc...even though the pads are really the only things needig to be done. Going full synthetic on transmission oil, and any other fluids for that matter. Just had the car freshly repainted. Steering wheel should have been better designed for hands free features, to include blue tooth tech. Engine could use cold air induction. I wish I could have had it with a sun roof. Over-all an excellent vehicle that has held up well so far.
    Visitor, Victoria, MN, April 23, 2010 21:18
    i received this car from my dad (who bought it new) and its been the greatest joy. stereo is high quality (as good as aftermarket) takes off nice and fast even though its an automatic, and introduced me to an entire community of new tuners at Streetkiaz.com. sleek, fast and readily tuned. lots of room in trunk and holds up nicely in extremely deep snow even with a full load of passangers and their snow equiptment.
  • 2005 Kia Spectra5
    rmalley80, Titusville, FL, March 22, 2009 08:43
    i bought this car about a year ago, and it is awesome. great gas mileage, lots of leg room ( i am 6'2" ), handles nicely, a/c kicks COLD, lots of cargo space,comfortable,and the stereos sounds great, the speakers freq. response is impressive EQ provides crispy highs, great mid range, and punchy lows.the best stock audio system i have ever heard, hands down. mine is a 5speed, and considering it has such a small engine,it'll get up and go. no problems so far,very reliable. the only thing is , is that when its cold out, it needs to be warmed up to full operating temp before driving. (which is something we should all do with any car anyway). i highly recommend this car.oh yeah and its pretty good looking too!
    coach g, Walnut, CA, February 11, 2009 18:05
    handles excellent,modest power,good gas milage and very roomy for a car this small. I am 6'2 and 290 lbs and have plenty of leg room.