1998 Ford Taurus Problem Reports

Most Reported 1998 Ford Taurus Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.

The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.

when i turn the automatic light switch on my healghts dont come on but my running(parking) lights do

If you experience difficulty starting the engine when cold, stalling at idle, or hesitations during acceleration, it may be the idle air bypass valve. This valve helps the vehicle idle steady when the accelerator pedal is not pressed.

White smoke coming from the exhaust could indicate that a head gasket has blown or there is a cracked cylinder head. Our technicians tell us that removal and inspection of the cylinder heads will be required to confirm a crack is present.

The synchronizer shaft for the camshaft position sensor can cause a loud squeak or chirping noise due to failure of the upper bushing. The noise may be erratic and is usually present when the engine is warm.

Leaking antifreeze and I noticed it was coming from underneath the car in the back by the oil pan.
I lifted the car up on jackstands and realized it was a black metal pipe/ rubber hose combination which is crimped together with a silver piece of metal.

This assembly connects to the heater core against the firewall. I ordered the part on 1AAuto which also had the video procedure posted on youtube. I removed the passenger side cowl and the ...