1998 Ford Taurus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Ford Taurus
- Noise in belt area w/crank pulley wobble. No fluid leaks. Safe to drive 2 shop?
- My brakes stopped working. A couple of days ago I put in brake fluid, after that
- Battery dead. Door key will not turn in driver or passenger door. Can't opendoor
- how do you replace the radiator I can't even see it
- do I need to pull the engine to change the seal. if not what do I have to pull
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1998 Ford Taurus Problems
The engine oil pan gasket can develop a leak. Leaking oil may accumulate on the exhaust system resulting in a burning smell. Replacing the gasket should correct this leak.
The magnet for the camshaft position sensor may fall out of its mount and damage the synchronizers. This causes long crank times when starting the engine and may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. If this happens, both the magnets and the synchronizers need to be replaced.
when i turn the automatic light switch on my healghts dont come on but my running(parking) lights do
1998 Ford Taurus Questions
to the cadlatic converter I m not sure but think the crankshaft casing or a funnel type gasket close by the pulley on the right bottom side
hook up toggle switch
1998 Ford Taurus Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1998-1999 Taurus and Mercury Sable vehicles for an issue with the front seat belt buckle attaching stud. On some vehicles, the attaching stud could develop cracks due to manufacturing issues. If cracked, the belt may become detached and not properly protect vehicle occupants. Dealers will replace the seat belt buckle mounting bracket and stud assembly.
Ford has recalled certain 1997-1998 Taurus and Mercury Sable vehicles and 1998 Contour, Mercury Mystique, Lincoln Navigator, and Town Car models to provide owners with proper instructions on how to aim their headlamps. If there is a need to adjust the headlamps, during headlamp replacement for example, there is a lack of proper documentation on how to properly perform the adjustment. Ford will mail vehicle owners a new owner guide containing revised aiming instructions.
1998 Ford Taurus Reviews
I have a 98 Taurus wagon with 217,000 miles. Last month, it began doing the following. Once the engine is hot and then the car turned off, more often than not, it will not start again until the engine fully cools off. Sometimes I've had to wait 10 minutes before it would restart; other times it can take an hour or more. Any idea what's causing this? Otherwise, it's a very reliable car.
i have a 1998 ford tauras and i have been having rpm problems we have changed the fuel pump three times thinking that was it pplus did a real good tune up changed everything on the fuel part we could think of and we are still having issues when i drive it it works fine for a while than bout mid day when i start it up the rpms go way down even dying some times we are stunned dont know what it co...
I have a 1998 Ford Taurus with 141,000 on it and last week i was driving and had to slam on my brakes then shortly afterwards a red brake light had come one the dash the light has a exclamation point and a P. I was driving it last night and now i have to put my foot all the way to the floor for the car to stop. the brakes are about a yr old and i barley drive the car as to its not in the best s...