Chrysler Aspen Reviews

Chrysler Aspen Reviews and Owner Comments

My radio went out and I took it in for repairs, I spent 1182.00 to have it repaired. It would only work for about 2 months and had to be taken back in. I have taken the car back to dealership Gulf Gate Dodge in Houston approximately 5 times, because it continued to stop working, the service rep there did not tell the truth she stated that each time I would bring it back it extended the warranty. Not true, she would not return my calls and finally I caught up with her only to find out it was no longer under warranty. Wrote the owner of the dealership and have not heard anything regarding the service I received. Chrysler headquarters was not help they sided with the dealership. I would have to pay ad additional 600.00 dollars for diagnostic and pay for the replacement of the radio. I have also had to have the hatch repaired, and the sun roof. Radio just blinks off and on. This is my first and last Chrysler. Very seldom played the dvd player,and is paying for sirrus and the radio doesn't even work.
Rained for two days and was driving along when all lights on the dash blinked on and off several times, got home and tried to restart my 2009 Aspen and it would not turn over. Went out the next morning and it started up with no problem. The Evic went blank and hasn't come on since then. Any suggestions??
I bought my 2008 chrysler aspen in 2009 with 12 miles and brand new off the lot. I have had no mechanical problems with the vehicle until 2014. My overhead interior light went out on the passenger side and my sway bar and bushing went out at the same time. I took my vehicle to the dealer with the expectation that these items were covered in my bumper to bumper warranty but oooh no they were not. It gets better, since the vehicle is no longer being made in U.S. and the company was aquired by Fiat, the dealer had my car for two weeks trying to find parts. If you have an Aspen get out soon as you can before you pay for used part on your SUV. I was told i would get a phone call from the dealer when they could locate the OEM(original equipment from manufactuer).
I have a 2008 Aspen and I have only had it a year when i bought it there was 66,000 miles, which is not alot of miles for this year..however i now don't have an air conditional, i had to replace the engine fan, and now the water pump is going out, i have to replace the gas cap. i wonder everyday what will be next. when i bought the vehicle from Westway Ford the vehicle has issues from the very begining and I should have never completed the purchase of this vechile. I asked for an extended warranty however, they would not provide me with one. I guess I should have been more aware of what I was getting into and what kind of company I was purchasing this vehicle from..
The turning circle is amazing. The styling is so current everyone thinks it is new and they want one. We drove this car 13 hours to Atlantic City and arrived so comfortable we went out all night. The towing capacity is near 10,000 lbs! It hauls! The sound is excellent (at home I have Tannoys so I am very picky.) If I had to think of something to complain about it would be the mileage but we feel so safe in this vehicle who cares ... it is like life insurance. Tough truck with every luxury appointment you can possibly get!
okay..... so i have a 2008 chrysler aspen it's only 4 years old. The left wiper works when it fells like it some days works fine an hour later rapid blinking??? wipers stop when they want to then start again front dash lights up and radio flickers... i think chrysler needs to address these issue for safety reasons.. call chrysler service they say " well we need to do a inspestion $98.00 if its elecrical that will cost more $$$$ give me a break this ...is a safety issue plus the car is only 4 years old...will be calling chrysler about this.....
We bought our 2008 Aspen May 11' with 32K miles and just had to replace the gas tank. While waiting for our tank to come in I started losing power to my radio. Now I find out I have to put in a new radio. What's next???
We leased our Aspen for 3 years. We liked it so much we decided to buy it especially given the fact that its market value at the time exceeded the lease residual value. We purchased an extended warranty plan that covers the vehicle for 85,000 miles. It now has 60,000 miles on it and is almost 5 years old. We haven't had any major problems or issues, just the usual maintenance expenses which have been quite moderate, although we used the extended warranty for a suspension issue. We replaced the tires at around 40,000 miles. We're having the 60,000 mile service performed later this week for an estimate cost of $750 at a local dealership. We've been very pleased with this car except for the horrible gas mileage which is well below that the manufacturer's suggested range would be. We average around 12 to 14 mph around town and maybe 19 on the highway.
I have 37000 miles on the aspen and I am on my 3 set of front brakes and just checked today and i need to replace them again
Love this truck. Traveled from Nothern VA to Orlando on a tank and a half of gas. Love the MDS engine. Pull a 6X10 anclosed trailer with two motorcycle of for work around the house. Bought it brandnew. Only thing I wish I could get for it is an upgarde on the radio to include Nav system.
This is my first Chrysler and i will never buy another one. I've had so many issues with it and spent do much money, i could have purchased another car. First of all, the radio keep shuting off and/or shut off and start up without notice, the lift gate had to be replaced, the AC does not blow cold and now I am having issues with it starting. I have a 2008 Aspen and this should not happen. i also have a 2007 BMW and never, never have i had any of these issue. Will never buy another Chrysler.
This car is beautiful from the initial
I love this truck, I bought it used with 25k on it, I now have 72k and things just started going wrong. But I tow a 8k boat all the time and it has pleanty of power. The truck does tend to skip over bumps jerking the steering wheel but its not that bad. If I could I would buy another one...
30000 Miles and no major issues. I have the reported problem with the transmission shifting into Neutral when I select reverse, but I find out here this can be resolved with a software update. Yeah! Vechicle still gets stares because of its good looks. Sharp. Now an endagered species too. Ride is nice 95% of the time, but rear end gets jumping around a lot over rough roads and a lot of hop. The AC unit is a little too noisy at times starting up. The rear seat hooks when the flip and fold is used to access the 3rd row are dangerous and I cut my arm the first week I had it! There must be a better system. There isn't much room behind the 3rd row for cargo when the seat is up. And is sucks gas (Hemi and my lead foot) something terrible. I'd be happy to get 14 in the city but it is more like 9. 19 on the highway is almost true. I hate the Nav system and the input method. But the radio rocks and the DVD system is great for the kids. It tows just about anything which is why I bought it. So the tradeoffs are worth it. Leased it and may even buy it at lease end against my initial thoughts. Can't get a better SUV for the price as nice as this.
Great vehicle. Terrible gas mileage around town, not as bad on the road. Ride is great in terms of comfort level. Car looks and drive classy. Feels unstable at highway speeds. Too "twitchy" above 55.
I love this luxary SUV, the price was good, it looks good and rides very smooth.