Cadillac DTS Reviews

Cadillac DTS Reviews and Owner Comments

I like this car a lot but a few things are a pain.The dash set up is not the best, the vents for the A/C only move in 2 directions not 4 so you cannot direct the cold air how you like. . Also, the clock on the dash is very shiny, and creates a lot of glare when the sun hits it, which happens a lot more than you would think. It makes it hard to see sometimes. ALso the radio is only average sound wise. I have had cheaper cars with much better sound systems. Mechanically it is still in good shape at 63000+ miles .
Fuse box under rear seat particularly the fuel pump relay gone bad dealer charges 285 for the box How is this not a recall issue when it is apparent a known problem to all dealers
the seat motor burned out, only had car 6 months. took auto to repair shop. put the new motor in, but still not working because there is a computer that controls the motor to make the seats move back and forth. Having to take car to the Cadillac dealership because they are the only ones that can repair it
BOUGHT A 2010 CADILLAC DTS WITH 900 MILES ON IT, TRADED A 2008 CADILLAC DTS IN ON IT GOT A CERTIFIED 100 THOUSAND MILE WARANTY BUMPER TO BUMPER 100,THOUSAND MILE WARANTY BUMPER TO BUMPER, AT 66,THOUSAND MILES THE FUSE BOX UNDER THE BACK SEAT WENT BAD, GM SAID IT WAS NOT COVERED, COST ME $600.00 PLUS, HOW DID IT GO BAD AND WHY A BUMPER TO BUMPER WARANTY WAS NO GOOD????I AM READY FOR A NEW CADILLAC BUT STILL THINKING,
I liked my dts just too many problems that all cost to much. I got mine given to me. I decided I was not putting any more money into it. So I took it to the dunes.. one awesome day. We jumped it twice then it caught on fire. Sorry no video.. don't ever get a Cadillac dts or any Cadillac for that matter..
Had to have the Rack & Pinion sreering replaced at 34000 mi whichidid not expect shold have to leaked at that mileage on a 2006 car. Apparently was leaking . anyone have same problem?
I bought a 2007 DTS in 2010 with 25000 miles loved the car. After 600 mile the engine started to knock and I broght it back to the dealer Heritage Cadillac. They tried to rebuild the engine twice but the knock persisted. They informed me they would replace the engine. I was just out of warranty but they covered everything including the rental DTS they gave me. Extremely sastisfied with the new engine. Nothing like buying from a great dealer. Very sad no more new models coming out.
This car is a mini nightmare. Since NEW: Upper trans coupling have failed twice; Fuel pump and starter have failed; Head lights ballast defective causing further electrical problems; Coils, "dog bone", timer chains and tensioners all failed. A/C failed twice, blower motor very noisy; Brakes redone and redone. Car is a money pit. NOTE: I do not abuse the vehicle. This is evident by the 22 mpg I average.
having electricalcontrol module problems
I love my DTS. The one thing that i miss is the heated washer fluid. Living in Nebraska it was great. GM came up with a lame excuse that they had to disconect it rather than repair it. Horsepucky.
Just love this car.However,there have been a couple things of concern since March 2010.First had to have the steering rack replaced and oil pan gasket as well.Then it seems I didn't escape the dreaded electrical problem with the headlight ballast which had to be replaced.Thank God I bought a 2 yr GMPP extended warranty (bumper to bumper) I just had to pay a couple $200 deductables instead of the roughly $3000-4000 I would have otherwise had to spend
love my 08 dts
Brakes, both front and rear had to be redone due to severe pulsating when hot. Headlight failed at a cost of $600. Unknown clunking sound in rear on rough pavement. AC is perfect.
Love this car. Usually I just "like" a car, this one I love. Gave up a Lexus for it.