Auto Care Advice: American Automobile Association
The American Automobile Association (AAA) offers a wide array of automobile, travel, insurance, and financial services and is the largest provider of emergency road services in the world. Founded in 1900, AAA is a not-for-profit, fully tax-paying federation of fifty-seven motor clubs serving more than 52 million members throughout the U.S.
Why We Think AAA Certification Is Important
While you may get quality work from a shop that isn't AAA certified, if the shop is AAA certified, the chances are better that your car will be repaired properly and quickly, saving you time and money.
Benefits for Consumers
- Clean, comfortable, and safe facilities, inside and out
- A courteous and qualified staff with at least one ASE certified technician in each area of service
- A garage supervisor who is available during all hours of operation
- An ongoing formal training program
- Favorable reviews by Dunn and Bradstreet (background check) and past customers
Additionally, all AAA certified shops must receive a favorable response of 90 percent or better in each rating category of the Auto Repair Service Questionnaire. Each AAA certified shop must mail out 100 questionnaires to their customers and a minimum of twenty-five must be returned for the results to be valid.