Mercedes-Benz 400SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 400SEL
- Vehicle won't start or crank at all when key is turned, all dash lights work fine. Replaced starter and battery, still the same results.
- I replaced sparkplugs and now car is backfiring, what is the issue?
- door locks has stopped working, have to lock with key.
- The low beam is not working and i checked the wiring, what must i do?
- My AC will not cooling, the compressor will not turn on, the fan does blow air.
Mercedes-Benz 400SEL Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
Mercedes-Benz 400SEL Questions
ok hello i have a 1993 400sel it has a problem with spark plugs, I replaced with new ones and the car is backfiring. i used ngk preset spark plugs, it was running fine for a few days when i was driving it around the block, but now it has began backfiring and will not fully start... I just bought ...
sometimes they work and at times do not work.
how can I check ,fuse ok, how do I jump compressor, Help