2008 Chevrolet Impala Problem Reports

Most Reported 2008 Chevrolet Impala Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.

The automatic transmission shifter may fail, or a wire may break near the shifter causing the ignition key to become stuck in the ignition lock cylinder.

The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault.

The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft.  Our technicians tell us that you should check with your local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.

The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.

The intake manifold gasket can develop external engine oil or coolant leaks. In some cases the failed gasket will leak coolant internally. The manifold gasket will need to be replaced to correct this issue.

The mass air flow or crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to intermittently stall. It may be necessary for the engine to cool down before it will restart.

Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.

if my car is parked on a hill and i have to put it in reverse it does a really hard jolt or a kick. while im driving it does it again around 30 mph and again around 60 mph. sometimes if im at a stop light it kind of jerks as i start to take off.

The engine light was on and the car seemed to be running fine. That is when i went in to hook it up to the diagnostic machine. We found out it was the oil pressure sensor. You do have to order the part through GM, but it is only $10.00. my husband fixed it in about 10 min.

The water pump may develop a coolant leak resulting in an engine overheating condition.

The exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) tube which connects the EGR valve to the intake manifold may develop an engine vacuum leak, causing the Check Engine Light to illuminate with code P0171 and/or P0174 stored.

A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.

When go to take off it don't move then when it kicks in it jerks really hard scared the crap out of me. well I was told it will cost $1600 to $2500 to fix they said it was a sensor in the transmission I have only had the for a year bought it used and it is a piece of shit it seemed to run ok for a few but it didn't take long for it to act up I will not ever own an other one. I think there should be a recall on the tranny's after what I read th...

Acid may leak from the battery at the cable connections, resulting in corrosion on the battery cable ends and in the battery tray. A Leaking battery should be replaced and the cables thoroughly cleaned or replaced if necessary.