1990 Jeep Comanche Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Jeep Comanche
- hard 2 get truck to start. Changed ignition switch, alternator, good battery,..?
- Location of 4way flasher button, and one running light forward stays on when lights are on. The indicator too.
- ign on, pump runs to charge fuel rail. starts easily. dies after rail depletes
- Fuel pump primes rail, starts, runs till rail empty. Pump does not restart.
- backfired black smoke died will not start but will turn over
1990 Jeep Comanche Problems
The head gasket may seep oil externally. An updated head gasket is available that should correct this concern.
The outer exhaust manifold studs can break and cause exhaust leaks, commonly noted as a ticking type noise. The outer studs, clamps, and nuts will need to be replaced and are now being tightened to a reduced torque value (20 Nm/180 in lbs).
1990 Jeep Comanche Questions
New pump, no power to pump after initial prime. no electric to pump after it starts. What/where is ?trigger? to power the fuel pump after the engine starts.
Jeep is actually an 89, Starts just fine, runs till the fuel rail is empty then dies. But then starts right back up. Fuel pump primes, but won't run otherwise.
Any ideas what's wrong?
I would like a fair price to repair or repace this part.