Volkswagen Routan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen Routan
- My Routan was part of the WIN module recall. After the repair, my car won't start. Dealer now wants to charge me for new keys ($340) but I keep telling him that the new WIN module is the cause for this new problem and I shouldn't have to pay. Advice?
- check engine light on, 60,000 miles
- why can I not get my key to go into the off position?
- What to d with the Throttle Control Warning Light comes on? Cost to fix ?
- HOW TO REMOVE LEFT FROM BEARING HUB
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
Volkswagen Routan Questions
the check engine light just came on yesterday, nothing unusual otherwise.
HAVE HEATED AND TRIED PULING BUT ROTOR WILL NOT COME OFF
Volkswagen Routan Recalls
15 vehicles may have been assembled with a right rear hub and bearing assembly that was not fully machined. This could result in decreased durability and premature failure. Failure could result in wheel separation from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the right rear hub and bearing assembly to correct this concern. The Volkswagen recall number is 42G3/W2.
The ignition key could inadvertently rotate from the "run" to the "accessory" position, causing the engine to shut off without warning. If the engine shuts off while driving, vehicle performance will be affected, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the "WIN" module to correct this concern. The recall is expected to begin in April, 2011. The Volkswagen recall number is 28G1/U8.
Wiring for the power siding door may contact the lower sliding door hinge bracket. Over time, the wiring may become damaged, creating an electrical short circuit. This short circuit could cause the latch mechanism located inside the sliding door to overheat and possibly catch fire. Dealers will inspect, repair, and reroute the affected wiring as necessary to correct this concern.