2004 Mercury Mountaineer Problem Reports

Most Reported 2004 Mercury Mountaineer Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

A cosmetic crack may develop on the plastic liftgate trim panel. Our technicians tell us the Ford has released a service procedure to replace the applique without damage the the liftgate glass.

A failed heater blend door or actuator can cause the temperature control for the HVAC system to stop working. A clicking sound from the dash area would commonly indicate an actuator fault. If the heater gets stuck on the hottest setting, the heater blend door may be broken requiring replacement of the heater box to repair the issue.

The composite (plastic) intake manifold may crack near the thermostat housing and cause a coolant leak. Ford released an updated manifold that was reinforced to prevent a recurrence. No recall was issued for this problem but Ford did extend the warranty to seven years on some models from the date of purchase.

The rear wiper may stop working. This could be due to a rear wiper motor that has failed requiring replacement.

A rattling noise from the engine may indicate that the timing chain cassette is worn. Our technicians tell us that installing an updated cassette and timing chain tensioner should correct this concern.

I keep having to replace my front wheel bearings, both sides. I'm luck if I get 6-8 mos, new or used do not matter.

Well because I can't get out from under the warranty, meaning I can't get the part to last as long as its supposed to, I'm basically guaranteed lifetime of the vehicle, replacement bearings and the dealership hates me cuz of it...

I have 2 other friends same make n model...same problem. Why isn't this recalled yet?

I've...