Mercedes-Benz 600SEC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 600SEC
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Head Light Lenses Become Cloudy/Opaque Due To Sun Exposure
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Flush Brake Fluid Every Two Years
Mercedes-Benz 600SEC Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
Due to exposure to the sun, lenses for head lights may become opaque (cloudy or hazy). This reduces the effectiveness of the lights. Our technicians tell us plastic polishes can improve the clarity of the lenses, but replacement of the lamp housings is the only way to regain the full intensity of the lights.
Mercedes-Benz 600SEC Questions
i hawe no power so i cant open the rear to load the battery,,, my key do not fit in the back...