Mercedes-Benz 300SD Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 300SD
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Oil filter housing may develop oil leaks
- High pressure fuel injection pump may develop fuel leaks
Mercedes-Benz 300SD Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
Mercedes-Benz 300SD Questions
There is fuel coming out of hoses it's everywhere
Problems to remove the auxiliary.
when i put the car in reverse the engine revs up and jerks in to reverse. also the ac or heat wnt blow out the vents
Mercedes-Benz 300SD Reviews
Beautiful road car. Well balanced. With me, a full tank of fuel and a suitcase in the trunk the car has 2500 lbs on the front axel and 2500 lbs on the real axel. Has long legs (28 gal tank and 30 MPG on the road) which gives me an 840 mile range to fuel exhaustion. I had just about everything replaced under MB warranty (new factory crated engine, turbocharger, A/C evaporato...