Reviews for Mazda Mazda3 years:

Mazda Mazda3 Reviews and Owner Comments

Mazda Mazda3Owner Reviews (22 reviews)
    Visitor, Mountain View, CA, April 22, 2014 21:29
    from east coast moved to west coast auto change oil ever 4-5k regular oil changed rear pads 85k changed front pads 100k changed thermostat 86k flushed tranny fluid 100k spark plugs 100k had rear tire wear fixed with alignment more reliable care I have ever had. I drive this car like a go cart. has 145k burns a quart of oil every oil change. due to hard driving.
  • 2012 Mazda Mazda3
    monkeytoesbme, Huntsville, AL, December 09, 2013 14:15
    This is an amazing car. The technology is great for the price. No problems the first 3 months after purchased new but then I hit a coyote. The car has never been the same. It is busting motor mounts, tires are lasting less than a year. The headlight has never worked right since the accident. It wasn't even hit in the accident. The cars look good but doesn't do well after an accident even minor ones. You would think I hit bigfoot.
  • 2011 Mazda Mazda3
    bigbass30, Monroe, NY, January 30, 2013 20:46
    You cant beat the fuel economy. It runs on water! Acceleration is impressive for a small car, I've lost some bigger engine sport cars in my rear view mirror! Seating is good for four, comfortably. Trunk space is very good. This car is very good at cornering and stopping. I drive nothing but v8's and bought this for my daughter. I must admit i cant wipe the grin off my face when i drive it. The bose system is a must.
    Visitor, Canton, GA, December 30, 2012 11:13
    Engine replaced at 49k miles due to bad connecting rod (under warranty). A/C compressor locked down at 56k miles, no longer under warranty. I replaced with a used one for $250. I've owned the car for seven years now and, despite the mechanical issues, I still love it. It has 93k miles on it now and the interior still looks brand new. Still fun to drive and looks great!
    Visitor, Lockport, NY, July 29, 2012 04:36
    My 2005 Mazda 3 BURNS OIL. Especially noticeable when the car sits over night - clouds of smoke emitted. When speaking with several different oil change shops and mechanics I hear this is a common problem. Recently I ran into 2 Mazda 3 owners who lost their engine entirely. Is there a recall on this issue. Am going to start a face book page to learn how many such Mazda 3 owners have/are suffering the same issue
  • 2011 Mazda Mazda3
    Visitor, Crofton, MD, May 03, 2012 18:27
    This was my second Mazda3 and I love them. Very fun little car that is actually pretty fuel efficient. I never had any problems with it, granted it only had 20k on it before someone ran into me and totaled it. But there was not a single thing I could complain about that car. I highly recommend Mazda's because They're quick, fuel efficient, fun, reliable, good looking, and VERY safe. Mazda has me sold for life now, I'm currently looking for my 3rd!
    Visitor, Eatonton, GA, February 22, 2012 21:01
    Second time Mazda 3 owner. First was 2006, this one 2010. Major heater issue!!! I am unable to control heat, it is super hot on all settings. Mazda will not honor warranty and fix the heat and sadly left car with coolant smell trying to fix. Now I have too hot heat and coolant smell. If only I had known that Mazda's new car warranty is only words on a piece of paper. Corporate Mazda no help, just a complaint taker, doing nothing to assist in fixing my car.
  • 2007 Mazda Mazda3
    Visitor, Bradenton, FL, January 16, 2012 08:18
    Bought 2007 Mazda3 S GT in CA. I've loved everything about the car for the first 4.5 years. I upgraded the map/dome lights in the car with LED bulbs. Now the light over the license plate and the right, rear LED tail light do not work. When I press the brake the it lights up. I had to buy the entire lamp assembly because the LEDs aren't sold separately. But it keeps doing the same thing. Because it's the same LED and it works when I press the brakes, what could it be? All my fuses under the hood are good.
    Visitor, Scottsbluff, NE, September 19, 2011 18:38
    I have had my 2005 mazda 3s 5 door for less then a year it only has about 88,000 miles and its been nothing but problems. To start in the winter time ice builds up and causes it to shake really bad. Had to crawl underneath and brake the chunks of ice away several times. Then at our routine oil change they told us we were 2 quarts low. We have no oil leaks or anything top end or bottem end. My mechanic said its burning oil which is caused by the piston not sealing. Then the tires started going flat. they have good tred no cracks in the rubber nails or anything to cause this they just go flat for no reason. the most major problem we have now is the knock. had my mechanic look and 2 bearings are spun. so we have to replace the motor which is 3 grand. The only good thing about this car was the 6 disc cd changer.... would not ever buy a mazda ever again.
    akn, Los Osos, CA, September 13, 2011 08:15
    Hi, I purchased the Mazda 2010 over a year ago. Recently, my dog went "crazy" over a sound she heard in the garage for over a day. She was a frantic, distressed and panting, clinging, unhappy little dog. I tried to resolve the problem and found that the sound was related to the trunk being partially open. That was taken care of but the trunk icon is still flashing on the screen, How do I turn it off? Thanks. akn
    Visitor, Newark, OH, July 05, 2011 11:28
    Will never own another Mazda ever again! Bought our 2005 Mazda 3s new. At 67000 miles it spun a rod bearing needed a new motor, cost me $3,000 this was putting the motor in myself not at a shop, which I could not believe how expensive these motors are all about the same price used, rebuilt, or new. This is my wifes car too so it is not driven hard or mistreated at all very well maintained. The rims are cheap combine them with the low profile tires a pothole bends the rim very easily. Seems to use tires very quickly too have had 3 sets going on 4 in 5 years which I know it has negative camber built into the suspension but wow they wear out so fast and they aren't cheap. Recently the a/c compressor has went out, so no a/c in the middle of summer. For being a small FWD car it has to be the worst car to drive in the snow, I feel more comfortable driving my mustang or trans am in the winter then this little car. Last winter for some reason the parking brake locked up and would not release? It was never engaged either, ice build up maybe? I don't know but it released when my wife picked it up the next day. I have never had a car do that luckily it didn't happen when she was driving down the highway. Sad that this car has so many problems because I do like the looks of the car, and it does handle very well and is pretty peppy for a little 4 cylinder. But after owning this problem riddled car I won't be buying another one. Actually looking to trade it in soon before another major fix pop's up out of the blue
    Visitor, Bristol, CT, April 27, 2011 10:07
    I bought a 2010 Mazda3 Hatch a few months ago; 6,700 miles on it. I used to drive a mini-van & absolutely love this Mazda, goofy grin and all! It easily handles city & highway driving and is blast to drive. Although, I would agree that the moonroof would be better if the controls were had some lighting. Cargo space is fabulous for a small car! I was able to pack a recliner chair in the Hatch w/the rear seats folded down!
    Visitor, Fairfax, VA, September 02, 2010 23:14
    This is an awesome car( 2006 mazda 3 hatchback) and it has about 93K miles on it. The only issue I have about it is the low profile tires that make it really zippy; need to be changed every 30-35K miles. One of the engine mounts broke last year at about 70 K miles and that seems like a common problem with mazda 3s. Other than this, the car is smooth, powerful and looks good..
    Visitor, Conroe, TX, June 27, 2010 11:18
    I love this car for it's pep, styling and fun to drive attitude but sadly it has it's problems. First off minor issues... No lighting on moonroof controls --a pain at night as you are poking around in the dark hunting for the controls. The back seat is definitely tight --Another inch would be nice. 5 speed manual not 6 speed --I see that this is rectified in later year models. I find myself constantly wanting to upshift when already in 5th gear. It certainly hurts gas mileage as well. A/C output --It is barely adequate on a normal day in Houston. Eats tires --I accept this due to the negative camber built in to give this car it's great grip and handling. BUT keep those tires rotated!!! Now the major stuff... Alarm system replaced at 23K --It turns out this model had an aftermarket unit which supposedly is now replaced by an OEM version in later models. New rear brake pads at 35K --I see this repeated in other reviews, why an issue??? HVAC control system burned out at 48K --Circuit board burned out causing fan blower to stop. Not covered by warranty. Why??? Dealer couldn't explain what caused problem. A/C compressor at 53K --Mazda covered parts including compressor, pulleys, freon, etc. but I had to pay labor. Mazda said they have been having problems with this particular compressor unit. So, overall inspite of it's fun to drive personality I probably will not buy another Mazda 3. I drive my cars carefully and keep them maintained. So my standard is I should be able to get 10 years and 100K miminum without any problems. This car does not meet my standards. One other thing... I can't stand the goofy grin on the front end of recent Mazda's. I don't want to drive around in a clown car!?!? What were they thinking???
  • 2008 Mazda Mazda3
    Visitor, Las Vegas, NV, June 12, 2010 01:28
    I have a Mazda3 2008. I love this car I haven't run into anymajor car problem other than Wheel Rotor need to get resurface. I think it's my driving habit that cause the rotor to mess up. Other than that nothing major problem...
    Visitor, Lehighton, PA, May 19, 2010 10:19
    I have a 2010 Mazda 3 and my wife was driving it the other day and all of a sudden it made a horrible noise and it wouldn't go over 20 miles an hour. Makes terrible noise when you put it into gear. So called and had it towed to mazda dealer and they said we damaged the underside of the car and it might not be covered by warranty. They said we need to have a mazda rep come and look and then they said they needed to have a japanese rep come and look at it and they called me and said that there is a small dent on the transmission cover where the mount broke and that is what caused it so we must have done it. We did nothing to the car. They said but mazda will give you the benefit of the doubt and cover it under warranty and give us a rental until it is fixed. Sounds a little fishy.
    Visitor, Dixon, IL, April 07, 2010 19:19
    Bought 3s new in May, 2004 and now (April, 2010) has 147,000+ miles on it. Only really major problems has been that it has gone thru tires very quickly. Both wheels have been replaced after cracking as well, but I drive a lot over bad roads with potholes so can't say that this is Mazda's fault. Ride is comfortable, although can be noisy. But with the stereo and my own awful singing, I don't notice! :)
    Jon DeWitt, Amesbury, MA, December 06, 2009 19:15
    I've owned a 2004 hatchback for 5 years, currently 117k miles. No major issues to speak of. Minor Problems: 1. Road Noise, this is not a quiet car on the road. My first tire replacement was at 42k, got some Conti Contacts, no improvement. Next replacement was at 100k, got some Hancook V12's .. a little better... 2. Not great in the Snow. Bought snow tires for the first time last winter. Marked improvement. 3. Gas cap emissions seal failed twice. Covered while under warranty, probably only a few states are required to have this "feature". I get about 30.5 mpg. 95% highway driving, so this is probably a little high... also explains why I just replaced the breaks for the first time last week. Comfortable inside, even for all day drives... even in the back seat I'm told. Good car all around though, highly recommended.
    BlackWind, San Francisco, CA, October 25, 2009 23:44
    Overall an excellent compact car. Bought new in 2006 in California. Had a couple problems with car that were taken care of promptly by Mazda; 1. Clutch was defective right out of the box. With only 24 miles on the car (driven by a person who has had a couple m/t cars before), the clutch broke. 2. #3 engine mount broke at around 29K miles, requiring replacement of the front axles and the mount. I would suggest having the dealer take a look at your car for this - it's a Ford motor mount so quality is questionable. Besides those problems, the car has been great. Handling is responsive and the car is very easy to drive. Engine is powerful enough for a small car but if you like performance then the 2.3 or 2.5L is a better choice.
    RickSlick, Deerfield Beach, FL, April 11, 2009 07:22
    Bought new in 2004. Have 61000 miles now. Have owned 4 Hondas before this since 1977. Would NOT buy another Mazda. 1. Transmission had "hard shifting" from 1st-2nd gear. Required 3 trips to dealer finally to find out the computer needed to be "reflashed" to solve problem. 2. rear brakes needed replacement at 40k miles while front brakes where maybe 30% used, Never had a car so biased to the rer brakes and obviously not equally distributing brake pressures. 3. Air conditioner has been marginal at best. I do not expect it too much but the unit has a very hard time just keeping interior at a bearable level. 4. Most important......The idle speed about 9 months ago dropped down to about 500-600rpm. This is a speed where I get engine shake when in gear (its an automatic). When I approached the dealer they said the idle speed COULD NOT be adjusted higher. I went o another dealer and they said that 3 of the 4 engine mounts were cracked and needed replacement at over $700. I seriously doubt the mounts to be cracked because I drive this car VERY gently. If they are in fact cracked, then this is extremely POOR quality of the mounts. On the PLUS side, the engine has plenty of power and runs smooth at cruising RPMS, the enterior is good, handling is excellent. As the economy improves I will be getting rid of this car and will return to Honda again.
    ctoddrun, Keller, TX, December 28, 2008 04:47
    2+ years, 37000 miles on our 3s 5 door, and we still love this car. Not very roomy (a bit of a challenge with the small kids) but fun to drive, relatively economical. Chews through tires, but that probably says more about the driver and the tires than the car itself...
    guinzuz, Malden, MA, August 24, 2008 04:35
    I've had the car for nearly 3 years and haven't had any issues with it. I've just done normal maintenance and it's been very reliable. It's fun to drive and I get 35mpg on the highway.