Lincoln Mark LT Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Lincoln Mark LT
- cost to replace engine
- Vehicle has 2 warning beeps at start up and then 2 more after a few minutes.
- REPLACED BAD COIL BUT PROBLEM CONTINUES
- Upon acceleration truck sputters. Happens at various speeds Engine light On&off
- when I turn my truck from 2 wheel drive into 4 wheel drive nothing happens' no lights on the dash either
Lincoln Mark LT Problems
A ticking noise may be noted from the engine caused by one or more stuck or collapsed valve lash adjusters. The repair involves inspecting and replacing lash adjusters as necessary.
Our technicians tell us the spark plugs in the 5.4L V8 engine can be very difficult to remove. Ford has issued a service bulletin (08-7-6) to address this issue, which includes a recommended procedure on how to remove the plugs. Failure to follow the recommended procedure can result in the one or more spark plugs breaking off in the cylinder head.
The recommend procedure is as follows. Using this procedure will greatly reduce the chance of breaking a spark plug.
1. Break the spark plugs loose when the engine is warm.
2. Turn each plug 1/8 to 1/4 turn and soak the treads with 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon of Motorcraft Carburetor Tune-Up Cleaner or a quality penetrating oil. Do not try to remove the plugs at this time.
3. Let the threads soak for at least 15 minutes.
4. After the soak period, tighten and loosen each spark plug, working it back and forth until the turning effort is reduced. Then, you can remove the spark plug.
There are special tools available to remove the broken spark plugs and repair shops will often charge additional labor time, over and above the quoted spark plug replacement cost, for the removal of each broken spark plug.
A shimmy or nibble may be noted from the steering at various speeds. The tires may be at fault and/or a steering gear damper may need to be installed. Our technicians recommend to check tires for excess run-out and replace and balance as necessary. Additionally, if needed install a steering gear damper.
Lincoln Mark LT Questions
While driving the steering wheel became very hard to turn. Hard turns result in a choppy feeling.
While in a turn, gradual turns are easy.
One day the steering returned to normal and there were no issues. Shortly afterwards it returned to very hard choppy steering.
I have been told it co...
The 2WD does not always stay engaged, sounds like it is partially in 4WD and I have to recycle several times, sometimes it will then stay in 2WD.
Lincoln Mark LT Recalls
The clock spring jumper wire behind the driver's air bag may come into contact with the lower horn plate, resulting in damage to the wiring. If this occurs, the air bag warning light may illuminate or the driver's air bag could deploy unexpectedly, increasing the risk of injury or a loss of vehicle control. Dealers will replace the jumper wire with a new design, which includes a protective mesh cover. This recall is expected to begin on February 28, 2011.