Ford Windstar Reviews

Ford Windstar Reviews and Owner Comments

I bought this car used 13 years old. I have had it to years and it runs great
I PURCHASED MY 2002 WINDSTAR LX IN 2003 IT HAD 16453 MILES ON HER AND WAS STILL UNDER 36/36 WARRENTEE BUT I WAS GOING TO KEEP THIS VEHICLE FOR QUITE A WILL HAD 3 GRANDKIDS AT THE TIME NOW 6 I HAVE 134000 MILES OM HER NOW I HAVE A NEW (REBUILT TRANNY IN 2007) AND 3 POWERSTREERING PUMPS 2 UNDER WARRENTEE AND ONE IN 2012 NOT UNDER WARRENTEE ITS A SHAME THAT FORD DISCONTINUED IT IN 2006 SHE RUNS GREAT I KEEP HER UP TO DATE WITH ALL MAINTAINENCE GREAT RIDING VEHIHCLE
Bought 99 windstar, thought it was great until everything started falling apart. power doors,door locks,heater,front grill to brakes!! The only thing good is the motor. Just put over a thousand dollars out . Way to go ford, I will never buy american made car again. Toyota, Honda here I come!!!!
I have a 1991 Aerostar and LOVE it so I bought a year old 2001 with 9,000 miles on it to use for business. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD. What's the old saying, "Don't mess with something if it's NOT broken". Well that's just what Ford did and they ruined it. I would clone my 1991 if I could, the 2001 has cost me THOUSANDS AND I''M SO FAR INTO IT I CAN'T GET OUT. I've put in two transmissions one right after warranty and the next 45,000miles later to the tune of over $6,000. Not to mention the other thousands on various problems including replacing the entire exhaust system. The brake light has been going on for years no one seems to be able to figure out why or stop it., I've heard horror stories about the 2001 and Tranny replacements, Ford should have taken responsibility. They have lost thousands of previously loyal customers.
I purchased a 2003 Ford Windstar van that had 30,000 miles on it. I've rep[laced the transmission twice, rearview mirrors malfunctioned at 50,000 miles, ABS brake lights stay on. I have now 151,000 miles. needs now inner and outer tie rods,outer axel bootrepair,intake gasket repair. It is a nice riding vehicle, but upkeep is too expemsive and I'd give it a 3 star rating at best.
My utterly reliable and dependable van...great!
Bought this van for $300 with a bad engine...and replaced the engine IN A DRIVEWAY...Is being a daily driver for me since. Body is good although there are rattles, Brakes...jeez...it needs a brake job every other year. Engine is okay as well as the transmission...just change the fluids regularly. The CEL will always try to turn itself on so if you live in a smog state, be prepared! Heater and AC work excellent. Would recommend this vehicle to everyone, just have to maintain it!
We've owned our 95 Windstar LX for the last 2 yrs and I love it. We've also replaced a lot of parts on it, but I consider them all investments (especially since we do not have a car note). So far, both catalytic converters, alternator, battery, serpentine belt, spark plugs, wires, 3 o2 sensors, a hose or two.... BUT we drove it to Ct from Fla twice. Now I think we're having an issue with the exhaust manifold seal, but like I said before, all investments. The car is almost 20yrs old and has close to 190,000miles. Plus, all the repairs mentioned above were NOT done together, just over time. Pushing on 3yrs with us and looking forward to another 10+. My first exp with a 03 Windstar was much worse. We financed it with almost 365.00 a month payments and in less than a yr we had to replace the transmission. You can never really tell, especially when you're not the first owner and don't do regular maintenance on it. It doesn't matter what car you own. You don't take care of it, it won't work well for long. For us, we just love not having payments and high full coverage ins. All the money we've spent is still way less than almost 3yrs of financing for a car you still have to maintain. :)
The body and interior are awesome. The van brakes well. electrical is full of shorts. the engine quit due to blown head gasket. emissions has been an issue since 2008. heating is good but air condition has leaks in lines. steering is great suspension is good. It was not a good value $7,500 I paid the dealer in 2008 . Wont do it again
Just bought my 2001 Ford Windstar a few month's ago. Had 146,000 when I bought it. Car still feels tight and runs very well. No problems to speak of.
I just buy a 2000 winstar,only whit 49.600 milles,i have a problem,i hear a clik noise near the ac,and after the noise sometimes the RPM go up and down...somebody can help me...n.juma@hotmail.com...thanks
We have a 2002 Ford Windstar. One of the sliding doors won't open from the outside and both are getting harder and harder to open. The engine light practically stays on. Everytime we turn around there's something wrong, (fuel filter; air kit; alternator--twice; electrical problems). This vehicle is a lemon. When we attempt to answer a recall, to which we've received 3 and only had one problem resolved, your dealership won't schedule an appointment and tells us it could take any where from 4 hours to an entire day. VERY POOR SERVICE AND VERY POOR QUALITY!! Diana Sheridan
Running on 4th fuel pump, though mileage is only 96,000. Changed sensors twice. Changed coil, spark plugs, wires. Check engine light stays on as 'default' on this one! A real nightmare, a real crap!!
I have a 2003 ford windstar van.I have a problem at red lights.The van revs up to the point that if I really didnot mash on the break I would be affaid that I would hit the car in front of me.What canI do?And what is wrong?
I just got my windstar... I have a few issues but other than that I love it and all the features!!! This thing is fully decked out except for a Navigation System. It's amazing... Love the sliding side doors, but noticed I have to hit the button on the remote 3x's on each side to get the door to open. So I may be considered rather new on this. One is the instrument panel just starting acting up for no reason at all, after the fact that I took it to the dealership and they plugged the computer in just to get the code for the keyless entry code on the driver door... Is this something that has happened alot, or may the problem not be related to this? I assume it is, because it just starting happening. Another thing going on is the reverse parking sensor is acting up. If I put the car in reverse the light automatically says "OFF" on the button. If I put it in any other gear I can push it in and it will be "ON" what would cause this to happen?? Please let me know as any information will be helpful. Thanks.Tiffany (teaspoon30@hotmail.com)
DEAR SIR I HAVE A 2003 FORD WINDSTAR AND THE AUTOMATIC WINDOW ON THE DRIVERS SIDE IS GIVING ME A PROBLEM ,WITH HELP I FINALLY GOT THE INSIDE DOOR COVER OFF AND FOUND THE LARGE SPRING LAYING AT THE BOTTOM ,INSIDE THE DOOR .WHERE DOES IT GO AND HOW DO I REINSTALL IT .............. THANKS TIM CYR emailme at cyrfarmertim@gmail.com
I purchased the ford 2002 windstar se in Illinois with 113,000. I currently have 144,000 a year later. I have replaced the alternator, Ignition coil, manifold covers and had the air condition line fixed. Runs great up to 65 mph after that the rear end shakes. I am going to take it into the ford dealer to see if all the recalls were taken care of. I hope to get 200,000 out of it and I do not see that being a problem. I bought it for $3000
We have had this van for 4 years, bought with 80,000 mile. Now at 140,000 it still runs great! Yeah, we had a few problems, but the vehicle has been well worth the $6800 we paid. Brakes are easy to change, atleast on the front. We did have to change the ignition coil, which was a little bit of a challenge, but was not overly hard to do myself. If you have the time and smarts, the 2001 Ford Windstar is a great family van. Look around on the internet a little and you can find all you need to know on how to fix any problems on this model.
My windstar is breaking 450,000 miles i've used it for work and play, when i had problem with it, it was my neglect for not taking care of the problem sooner. I just kept up with the maintances tune ups, oil changes. i've changed the battery and alternater and starter but that was when it was about 200,000 -250,000 miles. Its starting to lose power but that expected with this much wear and tear. Also it depends on the machanic who works on it
135K on this vehicle. Clunking noise from front end is getting worse. Mirror adjusters are failing again for the second time. Some paint is starting to peel from the front. Seats are starting to feel less supportive. 24 mpg on the highway. This is our second windstar. The first one got rear-ended by a car doing 50 mph. The crumple zone saved my wife's life and the life of the girl who hit her. So we bought another one immediately. But I think we got a good one. Do a search for "windstar problems", and you will find plenty.
I love this mini van, i turned it into a work van.A/c super cold.Good on fuel,very spacious,fits all my tools,and it tows very good.197,000 miles and running real strong, I wouldnt sell mine.it really suprised me!!
Never a Ford again. Rip off! Japanese next time.
i m was drive car shut off
the car runs great heats up in no time always passes the emissions test i don't like most mini vans i do like the ford minivans thoe this car has never broken down has about 75,000 miles on it goten on some good trips its a car i can count on
I have a 2001 Winstar and every since I got it, the problems never cease to amaze me. I took out a warranty (bumper to bumper) and repaired and replace almost everything. Now this crap of a car is seating in the shop due to all the recalls on it. Had I gotten a 2000 model Ford would of bought it back from me. Now I tell you, DON'T BUY THIS CAR!!!
this car work ok
I am a second owner of my windstar and it runs great. I have the sport and i the only thing i can say about this vehicle is the back 3 person seat cannot be taken out with only one person so I wish it did have stow-n-go seating...otherwise this is a GREAT vehicle.
We purchased our '03 Windstar SEL new from a local WA dealer. This is our second Windstar, I would buy another one if they still made that model. It has been one of the best vehicles we've ever owned, we now have 140K miles on the original everything. Just replaced the alternator. I have one of the best automotive shops in the area that takes care my vehicle as if it were his own. Periodic maintenance is the key. If I feel there's a problem the Windstar goes to the shop. I plan on driving this vehicle to 200K+ It's the auto industry that has conditioned the buying public that they have to buy a new vehicle every 40-50K miles.
Bellìsima camioneta, ( Windstar SEL 2000 ) 100,000 Kms. muy confiable y gran performance estoy muy feliz con ella --- pocos problemas---- ----los que han tenido problemas son aquellos que hacen servicios con piezas dudosas, mecànicos malos y talleres infernales..... no la vendo por nada del mundo.
I picked up my 1995 windstar in fall 2010 with 69,500 miles on it. It only has 3 spots of rust, the front end is real tight, interior is showroom new, some minor dents and dings on the body. The rear bearings were a little loose. I love it. 25mpg on highway and good highway power. I feel it lacks a little on the take off, but over all, not bad for a 16 year old 5,500 pound family wagon.