Ford Freestar Reviews

Ford Freestar Reviews and Owner Comments

Bought van in 2004. Problems beginning still love it but time let it go can't complain because it was very dependable ever looking at another Ford vehicle.
I have a 2006 Ford Freestar #3 cylinder is misfiring Is What The Code Reader Is telling me and the Engine light is on Cowboy Carl
my 2005 ford freestar is corroded with rust behind drivers side tire and there is a steel metal part that is falling apart from corrosion. nits a nightmare!
Bought the van when it was a year old. It now has a 120,000 miles. Besides the usual maintenance it's been a great vehicle. Road noise has been always a bit loud although tolerable. Great roadtrip vehicle and great for hauling stuff for home projects.
I love the sturdiness and the power of this Van. It feels better than any imports or any GM models. but it could use an extra foot of length, cant fit an 4 x 8 footer inside. Now after 250000km u-joint on my steering is jamming and cruse control is intermittent. Price to fix the two is about $1000 and that is about the value of the vehicle if put on the Kijiji. If they continued making this Van I would like it.
La camioneta FreeStar del 2006, ella prendia,un dia se tuvo que auxiliarla por la bateria que estaba danada, y ahora no prende la camioneta, no hace nada de sonido al pasar el swich. Que podra ser????
This Van is great. Just had torque converter recall work finished and all went smooth with just 3 hours time. You people that destroy 2 and 3 transmission on a car must be really stomping the gas pedals. My van has 93000 miles and drives like showroom condition. My tech told me that my old converter shaft had very little wear and i am not a gas pedal stomper. I expect to get 200000 from this van
No you do not need to lift the engine! You need to remove the plastic cowl below the windshield to get your hand behind the engine..
Yo tengo ford freestar 2006, version basica. actualmente con 65000km. considero esta camioneta una de las mejores, hasta el momento ninguna falla. solamente se han dado sus servicios. es muy confiable.
I, like everyone else, just hate this thing! 138,000 and the transmission blows to pieces...BLOWS to pieces! Rebuild that plus some additional parts to the tune of $2800 now there's a recall on my torque converter. Spark plugs are going up and the brakes suck the big one as well! Does Ford help out when you call??? NO! They give you the run around about how the recall won't be "officially" released until April 2012. However, when mine finally goes out before then, it WILL "safely coast to the shoulder of the road". Hopefully not in front of an 18 wheeler. Built with Pride, my Aunt Fanny!!!
From Ontario, Canada OWNERS BEWARE Transaxle converter needed replacing along with complete rebuild after the transaxle switched from Drive to Reverse with no request from the drivers position. No code on dash. The vehicle was accelerating normally away from a stoplight up to 20-30 kilometers per hour when the following occurred simualtaneously: the engine rpm increased, heard and felt the passenger front tire spinnig and squealing, forward motion slowing, vehicle moving slightly to the left and slightly rearward then I felt the torque converter shaft fail, vehicle continued coasting forward until I pulled into a safe area off of the roadway. The recall for possible torque converter shaft failure may address the result but not the cause of the problem. The problem is with the electronic control system that shift these transaxles. Some owners have had transaxle rebuilds three times. Why would this continue to be a transaxle torque converter shaft failure problem? Feel free to comment.
best van ever got it in 2008 for $6000 and had 65,000 miles and now got over 205,000 miles and still runs great i love it i am a ford guy so that is why i bought it and will buy another when and if this one goes they run great if you take care of them do oil changes when needed check every thing and it is a great van love it !!!
I need a minor tun-up. Is it true that I need the engine to be lifted to replace spark plugs and the connectors?
This van had 80,000 miles on it when i purchased it. It now has over 115,000 and still runs great and rides very well. I have a drive train engine trans etc. good till 180,000 miles and i'm going to see if it makes it. at the moment it is great.
Let me just say this is by far the worst mistake i have ever made. i have a 2005 Ford Freestar and had to replace the trans @ 45k. this van is worst than a lemon it's really sour grapes!!!! i have to now at 60k replace the master air flow as well as the evr valve or whatever you call it... i feel like many of you all i wished someone would've stole this headache because it's worst than raising my four children... oh did i mention i'm steal paying a note on this crap which is probably less than the maintenance...BOO FORD for this peice of trash!!!!!
I purchased my van in 2005 at one year old and have taken it in to have the tranny, air conditioning, brake rotors, both electric window motors and various sensors replaced. I have also had to pay for a complete tune up and this is all within the first three years of owning this LEMON. NEVER NEVER again will I buyan obviously poorly constructed vehicle from Ford.
stay away from this mini van we have had a year and the brain box has been replaced two times. within 4 months. The cause was water getting into the box because of factory defect that they are not doing a recall for. you will be out going down the street and all of a sudden the car stops spits and sputters like bad gas. you will get 3 or 4 codes from the computer but after all the money i spent 700.00 ford finally fixed the problem no charge, but i am out $700 i paid out in the first pace. they refuse to replace my money.. WHEN THE PCM OR BRAIN BOX GETS WET IT BURNS IT UP. STAY AWAY FROM A FORD.
Yeah, I thought this van was a steal, now I am just wishing someone would steal it however I didn't buy the gap insurance and I still owe more than the darn thing is worth. By 85K I had to replace the transmission, now at 94K I am replacing the ignition coil and the plugs and the intake runners. Now today the wiper motor goes and did they mention that everything they would normally be able to get to is behind the engine so it costs extra just to do anything. I mean they had to take the van apart just to get to the motor to test it. I am going to spend about 1500.00 on this van just this week alone and I haven't even purchased the two new tires that are needed for the stupid inspection a month away. I hate this car.
I HATE THIS STUPID VAN!!!! REPLACED TRANNY AT 85K REPLACED AIR CONDITIONER AT 90K SPARK PLUGS,,, EGR VALVE,,, STUPID STUPID STUPID VAN ! NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER!!!! BUY A FORD !! THAT IS ALL.. AND BY THE WAY THE VAN IS STILL FARKED UP!
Comfortable but A REAL PAIN IN THE A**. Tranny went at 85k.
I have driven 186K so far on my 2004 Freestar 4.2 and this is the greatest vehicle I've ever owned. There has never been a recall and the quality is really great. The only service problems I've had were 2 electric window motors under warrantee, an alternator and the charcoal canister. Routine maintenance is easy and it only needs a tuneup every 100K miles. I'm planning on driving mine for several more years.
My wife bought this vehicle in January of 2009 with 48,000 miles on it. We have had nothing but trouble with it. Brake seals went out, check engine light constantly comes on for something. I am now trying to figure out what the flashing check engine light means after putting new plugs and wires on it. It jerks and jumps all the time. I really regret her buying this piece of junk ford.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS VEHICLE! At under 50k miles the transmission went out without warning. Luckily we were only a couple miles away from home at the time. This is a common problem with this van. Don't believe me, search for Ford Freestar forums on the internet. Now, 10k miles later the engine runs like crap. The dealership told me plugs and wires were needed. Look at "LoveDrivin's" post. Tuneups at 100k miles. So why do they tell me I need plugs and wires at less than 60k. There is also a problem (supposedly) with the EVAP cannister. They wanted to charge $280 to change that. All these problems with a vehicle under 100k miles. I am getting it fix and getting rid of it. There is a reason Ford quit making mini-vans I guess.
i bout this car with 75000mils
This is the WORST minivan I've ever had. It has had 2 transmissions replaced, steering went out,brakes are not the greatest, air conditioning went out twice. And check engine light stays on constantly no matter what I do, and the transaxle light continues to blink non stop. JUNK!
My Freestar has over 70K miles and has been a great van. We have had no issues with it, and have kept maintenance up to date. Have replaced tail-lamp bulbs a few times, and now it seems one of the sockets may have died, but only a minor nuisance. Love my van!
I am a careful driver and always do basic maintenance, so my car should be in good shape. HERE IS WHAT I HAVE HAD TO DO BY 100,000 mi: --new rear brake calipers --new CD player --fix the passenger side mirror --fix a seatbelt latch --fix a strap for the rear seat (for flipping the seat) and the two most annoying... --NEW AC COMPRESSOR --NEW TRANSMISSION All of this by 100,000 This car is a lemon; I'll never buy another Ford again.
Just over 100k and the engine is shot. Gas mileage was never too good 15 mi average. Brakes have never been that good either. pedal goes most of the way to the floor.
I bought this car brand new and so far i have only minimum problems with this vehicle currently I have 84000 miles on it and it is starting to show a little fatigued check engine light came on a feww days ago so i am doing research on the problem leaning toward something very simple.