2003 Ford Windstar Problem Reports

Most Reported 2003 Ford Windstar Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

The Check Engine Light may illuminate with fault code P0171 and/or P0174 stored, indicating a lean fuel mixture. Our technicians tell us the left valve cover gasket, upper intake gaskets, vacuum line, and bolts may need to be replaced with updated parts to correct this concern.

A knocking noise from the upper engine area may indicate a loose intake runner. Our technicians tell us if this is the case, replacement of the upper intake clamshell will be necessary.

Warped front brake rotors may cause the steering wheel to shimmy when the brakes are applied. Our technicians tell us the brake rotors and pads should  be replaced to correct this concern.

I was investagating the ABS indicator light on the van and why it stays on. During this time I was going through and fixing a few other things that had stopped working and one of them was the drivers side door power lock and also the passenger side power door lock, I aslo had trouble with the interior lights flashing while I was driving. I decide to change the lock assemble in both front doors to fix the power lock feature and be able to use t...

I noticed over a time putting gas in the vehicle, became a time consuming process. About every $5.00 the the gas pump would stop pumping, and sometimes gas would spew out. After investigation I found that the EVAP Purge Control Solenoid has a screen that can get clogged with dust from the charcoal canister. Which will not allow air to escape out of the tank durring refueling. The EVAP canister is located underneath driverside between the frame...