Reviews for Dodge Sprinter 2500 years:

Dodge Sprinter 2500 Reviews and Owner Comments

Dodge Sprinter 2500Owner Reviews (5 reviews)
  • 2005 Dodge Sprinter 2500
    Visitor, Galion, OH, September 26, 2012 10:02
    may problems ofter Fyda freight line in columbus ohio worked on more warranty work
    Visitor, Knoxville, TN, October 05, 2011 16:57
    Some 2-3 years ago my van started smocking black, a lot. I was shocked as my 100k bumper to bumper just expired. SO the thought of dealer's repair was simply off my pocket chart. Researching online I found a guy who he says has been trying to "open the mind' of the manufacturer and present an invention of his to fix a problem with just exactly the kind of symptoms my 2500 Dodge Sprinter year 2006 was experiencing. After reading and finding amazing similarities with what he wrote in his website and my real 'ugly and embarrassing ' exhaust smoke I decided to try the invention. $70 . I easily installed the part and immediately the problem was gone and since no similar problem has occurred.
  • 2007 Dodge Sprinter 2500
    Visitor, Aurora, IL, April 25, 2011 20:11
    I love my Sprinter. We changed the head lights to halogen and customized the interior. We can fit 11 passengers and have a bed in the back. It is great for trips, tv. games, nice stereo. We put in a gps Once I was on the highway and lost acceleration. So I pulled over and turned it off. I thought I would wait a while and I called the dealer to see what the problem might be. I turned it back on and it had re set itself. I thought that was pretty cool. They said I should wait 10 seconds after turning it off. Never had the problem again. I have the top mount air conditioning unit. It started leaking drops into the van from the vent. I have not had it out much this winter but I just went out in the rain and I have buckets of water leaking onto my children and seats. This can't be good. I also noticed that the screws that hold the unit in place were rusted after only a few months. I am taking it in tomorrow to see what the dealer says. The warranty expired in Nov but I had mentioned it several times. . We will see what they say.
    rmonk92591, Charleston, WV, December 03, 2010 20:13
    The Sprinter needs a tilt steering-doesn't allow the drive many postions. Much straining with no tilt steering. Sliding door needs to be power or to buy as an option. To big of a door- gets jamed- must be on level spot. Tore my shoulder out. Dash controls are very confusing- also not lite-up as most. Cup holder is place to low- need to be at dash level. Driver side is very hard to get into- running board to narrow. No lights at drivers feet unless you open door and then very dim. Engine to date very good-no problems at 8,000 mile-Brakes-Drive train-Exhaust-Air are very good. Suspension needs some better idea's. I would buy again- my van is custom for traveling- people are not on top of each other- very roomy. Drivers Control Unit Indicator light - is the pits- Have replaced this system twice- 6 hour job and $2500.00 cost. Something is bad wrong in this area. Bad-keys lose the ability to start engine-the codes get off-set. Had to tow my 1 hour and family/pets had to be picked up by cab-was on vacation. Happen twice. I hope Dodge get all this problem stuff fixed---because I like the high ceilings-and roomy.
    Visitor, Chicago Ridge, IL, May 06, 2010 19:22
    Love the Engine -Deisel great Milage - Not lacking power on the go ... ** Warning: Replace glow plugs every 35-45000 cheap fix compared to Seized plugs breaking. ** Plan on repainting as this things rusts like I've never seen before ... Rotors are disposable plan on buying every 35,000 the second that pad is gone so is your rotor..... and to top it off dont leave your interior lights on or flashers with engine off for more than 10-15 because auto voltage sensor once below certain point wont allow starter to crank to avoid this replace battery every year.... Good Luck....