Reviews for Dodge Ram 2500 years:

Dodge Ram 2500 Reviews and Owner Comments

Dodge Ram 2500Owner Reviews (51 reviews)
  • 1997 Dodge Ram 2500
    Visitor, Dubuque, IA, March 08, 2014 13:53
    V10 no spark turns over good. left lights on over nite battery dead. I put the battery charger on for half hr. charger was put on the correct way now no spark.??????>>>
    Budwin, Jackson, MI, January 27, 2014 15:09
    Truck only has 54000 miles on it. Only problems, so far, is the Abs pump ran all the time until I pulled the fuse and the four wheel drive light does not come on when in 4 wheel. Garage kept so no cracks in dash board or any rust issues. Love my truck, does seem to shift late and hard at times. Tends to want to lunge while at stop light, feels like someone bumped me in the rear. Don't know if that's usual with the Diesel or what? Diesel was 75 cents a gallon cheaper than gas when I bought it. Don't think I would buy another.
    Visitor, Dryden, MI, May 16, 2013 18:56
    I bought my 2000 quad cab in late 1999 and have had very limited amount of trouble. At 198,000 miles it still has the original ball joints,tie rods,most U joints,and original build on the transmission. I am not one to baby any truck but this one has taken it like a brute. The only real problems I had were the lift pump ( which Dodge has done away with) and a injector pump which failed from the lift pumps. I also dealt with the typical rust but dodge replaced my dors at 98,000 miles free of charge.
    Visitor, Apache Junction, AZ, May 13, 2013 12:06
    The gagues from jump street purchased tk new was a source of junk,oil pressure to charging system all faulty.three set of brakes in less than 100,000,a complete tranmission,headlight goes off for no reason and air conditioner migh as well have a block of ice cools better and more offen.the diesel can not beat only reason to by dodge
    Visitor, Glendale, AZ, March 08, 2013 18:18
    I will never get rid of truck.
    Visitor, Evergreen, CO, December 11, 2012 07:46
    Stay away from Dodge! I bought my last Dodge truck ever - a new Ram 2500 HD diesel. How Dodge could manage to screw up the Cummins diesel engine is beyond me - but they did it by surrounding this great engine with a combination of POOR MECHANICAL DESIGN & POOR QUALITY FUEL SYSTEM COMPONENTS. I've had BOTH fuels pumps replaced (first with OEM, then with aftermarket) twice in less than 105,000 miles! The design Dodge came up with ensures a $3,500 repair every 50,000 miles, as the lift pump quits & that trashes the injector pump (a $1,500 part). AND, that is WITH changing the fuel filter every 3-5k miles! You've been warned...
    Visitor, Descanso, CA, November 24, 2012 13:00
    I have owned my Dodge for five years. I only major problem I've had was the prior owner put a under drive on and as you may know this set up was a bad design and the weight cracked the tranny case. I've removed the under drive and had the tranny repaired now for laying my hands on a stock drive shaft with out breaking the bank. Any suggestions.
  • 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
    Visitor, San Jose, CA, July 20, 2012 23:36
    I love my 1996 Dodge 2500 HD 4x4. I have lived in a rural area for over 18 years and bought this truck new. I have worked the heck out of it and it keeps going. I bought it new and have never had a bad tought about it!@ Great Vehicle.
    Visitor, Belen, NM, June 10, 2012 18:56
    I bought my truck back in 2003 1,000.00 miles at that time never replaced a thing till 2009 the axle seals went out now my trucks up there 2,000something no problems with it till last winter boy that winter did a number to it had to replace injector and powersteering pump. Nothing ever magor I had an accedent in it a nissian pathfinder rear ended my It got totaled my trucks bumper pushed in. I drove it home and noticed it pulled to the right I told the Inserance people and they said it was not part of the accident I said ya right FIX it so if you have an accident it any car truck make sure they check brakes and transmission my trucks calibor was stuck and a friends transmission was not right. But anyway now sence my truck came back from getting another seal put in this June on the axcle he told me they put the wrong bolts so now thats done and now my air goes off sometimes when I step on the gas whats with that? But you now after owning a 1 ton 78 Chevy and a half ton Ford I will never go back My 78 Dodge 2500 4by4 ROcks
    Visitor, Tonganoxie, KS, June 01, 2012 11:07
    1998 Ram Quad cab, 4x4, V10, 2500, Long Bed, 105,000 miles, fully loaded, automatic. Bought the truck in late 98 with 24,000. Have had no major problems. It is in the shop today, rear tranny seal is leaking. Have replaced brake pads once. Everything still works, no rust, sits inside. Had it detailed last fall looks like it came off the showroom floor. Was looing at getting a new Dodge last year but can't justify the price difference for the new one when there's nothing wrong with this one. The V10 will pull a house down, only get 10 mpg, pulling or empty, but I least I can pull anything I want.
    Visitor, Blacksburg, SC, May 18, 2012 10:35
    crank shaft sealoil leak high back presser in engine crank
  • 2011 Dodge Ram 2500
    Roadking6900, Upper Sandusky, OH, January 23, 2012 18:10
    Purchased this truck in June and have been very happy with it. Had a 2007 6.7 cummins before this one and the difference in trucks is unbelievable! The new 2011 fit and finish blows the 2007 away as well as the quality of the interior. Cabin noise is diminished to the point its almost as good as my Mercedes, that says a lot for this truck. Can't say enough, Ram needs to keep up the quality, that this one has over my 2007. Just turned 13,000 miles and have had no issues with it so far. Can't say that for my 2007, made many trips back to the dealer. Though they always took care of it.
  • 2011 Dodge Ram 2500
    not happy with 2500, Cedar Park, TX, January 02, 2012 12:42
    Well from day one the truck has had a rattle in eng like a diesel ( mine is a 5,7 HEMI) Has no power and can hardley take off with 10,000 lb on trailer. The fuel milage is about to brake me ( 8.6-10.0) This is all I can get out of her not pulling trailer just driving like a grandam-- Delership said could not duplicate at this time ( I HATE THAT WORD). You would thank with tin foil for body metal the truck would get better milage. The Power stearing and or the alt is making a a bad whinning sound now, also the trans is starting to make noise when going from park to drive of rev. Radio will not pick up AM anymore. Has knock when turning steering wheel I thank there is somthing wrong with front end, the other day it rained and had to use the 4x4 in low to pull someone out of the mud and the truck started to move to the left and I got stuck. ( left front wheel stopped turning no metal braking sound nothing just stopet turning and I got stuck. As you can see I am not a fan at this time of the 2011 Dodge 2500 Hemi 4X4. And yes I only have (28053) miles on it. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Visitor, Redwood City, CA, November 11, 2011 20:27
    I know many of you may not beleive what I'm about to write but as God as my witness, it's is 100% true. My 1998 Dodge 2500 SB truck w. 5.9L auto trans started developing weird electrical problems at 85K miles. The latest goes like this: OD button became intermitant so I took it to my mechanic who is an absolute Whizz. He found that he could get it to operate if he put a turn signal on, turned the dome lite on and had the drivers side door open. No, I'm not kidding. So he orders the part all the while begging me to dump the loaf. So meanwhile after he works on it the low fuel indicator light doesn't work but the audio portion still does. No big deal but this is where it gets weird. The truck stopped shifting out of 1st gear. The first time it happened I was low on fuel so I stopped and got $30 worth. It starts shifting again. Coincidence I figured. A few days later same thing and the fuel was low again so I put $30. Starts shifting again. I'm not saying a word to anyone.So 3 more times it happens over the next 10 days so it's no coincidence! Any ideas?
    Visitor, Whitefield, NH, September 30, 2011 06:49
    I have a 1999 2500 Cummins 24 valve diesel with danas front and rear. This truck tows great and no complaints till this year... I have replaced the entire front end of this truck. Map Sensor which 2 Dodge dealers said it was my turbo and it wasnt. Rot on the bottom of both front doors which numerous body shops told me they never sealed the bottom of the doors. Fuel lifter pump 2 years ago, exhaust 2 years ago and a starter. And currently my truck is sitting at a shop waiting for a 2500.00 dollar fuel injection pump. This year alone ive put almost 6ooo.oo into this truck and I should stop and say forget it but im not impressed with any new trucks out there and up untill now this truck has never done me wrong. Only thing I can say is it has 250,000 miles and its a standard, no shifting problems and no oil leaks. My dad was right the engine will last forever but the rest of the truck will rot off.......
    Visitor, Harrison, OH, September 09, 2011 09:12
    owned this 2001 dodge truck for 10yrs.i will have this beauty another 10 yrs.great truck
    tmbrown, Ridgecrest, CA, September 03, 2011 18:18
    I purchased my 2001 Ram Quad Cab 5.9L Cummins Diesel used in Oct. of 2010. When I bought her she had 30k mi. Since then I put another 30K on her. I do a lot of heavy towing with it and have only had one major repair. At 50K I had to replace the injection pump. I was disappointed that this occured with just 50K on it but other than that it has been a very reliable truck. In fact I just purchased another identical truck to add to my fleet. The only difference, this one is a 1999 with 124K. I also own a 1996 with 253K. Gotta love a Cummins
  • 1997 Dodge Ram 2500
    Visitor, Alvin, TX, August 30, 2011 10:38
    1997 Dodge Ram 2500 I am having issue's with my truck not idling and wanting to die when I am stopped with the air conditioner on. If I turn the AC off it will run just fine. Please advise on which way to go from here. Thanks, JPickett Alvin,Texas
    Visitor, Kansas City, KS, August 18, 2011 12:03
    Bought our Ram 2500 used in 1999 with 65,000 miles or so. She had 252,000 now. Replaced the transmission once. So far engine running good. Knock on wood ! Drove it on a 3200 mile trip in May. Did have to get a ball joint repaired while there. Only major problem - inconvenience we have been fighting is getting the air-conditiong system repaired to our standards. Cooled us fine before new compressor now having trouble with getting cool air while at idle or in extreme hot weather. Putting paralell flow condensor in this week. See where we go from there. Love this van - want to keep babying her !
    Visitor, Port Hadlock, WA, August 14, 2011 15:28
    Great truck and powerful engine. havnt had any horrible problems very reliable and i know its gonna last however i have had a starter problem which cost me a $1000 but other than that its a wonderful truck looks great and drives great and gets wonderful gas mileage definetly recomend dodge diesels!
    Visitor, New Vernon, NJ, August 01, 2011 08:45
    2003 with 44K miles. Rust on right rear weel wheel housing. Dealer confirmed the body shop statement that it is a manufacturing defect. Poor crimp between the outer and inner panels allowing water in. Dealer contacted Dodge for $$ assistance and Dodge said no. Now RR brake flex line blew off the crimp. After inspecting all flex lines, all the crimps are rusting away. This truck is used for towing and not plowing/etc. so no extreme salt issues, just poor corrosion protection of critical parts. replacing it soon. Never another Dodge. Ford.
    Visitor, Fort Walton Beach, FL, July 12, 2011 15:22
    Great truck when I can keep it running 147k and I am on my 4th vp44. Upgraded fuel system with every type pump known to man. Still can't keep a VP-44 from failing. Ran fine till the low sulfur diesel. Afraid to drive the truck out of the local area. Recommend don't buy a 99-02 Cummins Stay away from the vp-44 injector pump. Guess what I am doing this weekend? This VP-44 lasted 60 miles.
    Visitor, Moorestown, NJ, July 02, 2011 06:15
    DPF is no good dodge needs to change i will go back to ford
    Visitor, Ojai, CA, June 02, 2011 22:27
    I bought my truck used with 85,000 miles on it. !999 dodge diesel 24 valve. I've done nothing but sink money into this truck. So much for saving money by buying used. When it runs good there is nothing like it. It's like a big strong man. It loves to tow, awesome torque. The engine is really the only thing good about this truck, everything else is cheap and doesn't last. I've replaced the fuel pump, injector pump, power steering pump, rebuilt the tranny twice, vacuum pump, starter, oil pan gasket, the list goes on. Still I love this truck, it's like my right arm. I just don't know when to quit! Tracy
    Visitor, Bay Saint Louis, MS, January 26, 2011 19:06
    6.7 GET RIG OF THAT PARTICAL FILTER, REALLY CAUSES ALOT OF PROBLEMS
  • 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
    Visitor, Exeter, MO, January 14, 2011 10:51
    I ordered my 96 desiel new, the only disappointment I have is the automatic tranmission. Truck has 180,000 miles on it and the motor has never been messed with other than proper maintenance, the interior has no rips, except for a ding or two the body is great. I have recently rebuilt the front end, expected with the weight of a desiel engine.
    Visitor, Prosser, WA, January 09, 2011 21:25
    Towed heavy up & down Alaska HWY. Reliable: Cummins has never had a problem in 200,000 miles. rebuilt rear end and front end at about 150K. Tranny just started slipping this week. *auto. Replaced injector pump at 90K was good for another 90K and had to do it again.
    Visitor, Deary, ID, December 28, 2010 09:45
    Where do I start? This vehicle reinforces my impression that US made cars/trucks are poorly made. I bought my 2000 Quad Cab 4x4 w/ Cummins diesel brand new and it has cost me about $1000 per year in repairs every year. I've had the A/C malfunction at least 5 times, once under warranty. My 6 speed transmission failed at 70,000 miles - cost me $4000 to replace. Two crankshaft position sensors, a lift pump and injector pump, leaking seals at both differentials, axles etc - axle seal leak required an otherwise unnecessary brake job. Four wheel drive vacuum switch failed and now all the vacuum lines on the 4 wheel drive actuator and the pump itself need to be replaced - cha ching. Oh yes, both the overhead pushbutton interior light switches have broken as well. This vehicle has had so many problems that the times I've brought it to the dealer, the mechanics always say "this shouldn't happen" and look both disgusted and embarrassed. The Cummins itself seems like a good motor - Dodge just found a way to wrap it in garbage. Where's Lee Iococca?
    thb2, Woodstock Valley, CT, December 10, 2010 16:34
    This truck is awesome. I use it for work and plowing. Pushes snow and tows easily.
  • 2004 Dodge Ram 2500
    Visitor, Norristown, PA, November 28, 2010 05:00
    . HEAT/DEFROST DIRECTIONAL CONTROL QUIT WORKING IN MAY 2010. THE AIR FLOW IS STUCK ON DASH. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE WITH WINTER APPROACHING. THIS IS A WIDELY REPORTED PROBLEM ON THE ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUMS SUCH AS EDMUNDS. THE CHRYSLER DEALERSHIP I CONTACTED IS WELL AWARE OF THE PROBLEM THAT INVOLVES EXTREME TORQUE APPLIED TO THE VENT DOORS BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS WITH THE ELECTICAL CALIBRATION OF THE MOTOR CONTROLS FOR THE DOORS, CAUSING THE DOOR TO BREAK. THE ESTIMATED COST OF THIS REPAIR IS $800.00.
    Visitor, Altus, AR, October 13, 2010 06:02
    Dash cracked after 3 years. Dodge said would help but still wanted a thousand from me for new one.
    Visitor, Murfreesboro, TN, September 27, 2010 14:50
    My father bought a 01 Ram 2500 with the 5.9L Cummins and it is now in my name. We both over 10 years of driving this truck just triped 415K and the only thing we have done to this truck is replace a fuel line, so if you are looking for a long lasting truck with motor the Dodge Cummins is the best way to go. We have pulled everything from 6KLBS boats up the steepest grades to hauling a trailer loaded down with four-wheelers 2 to 3 hours in some of the most roughest terrain. If you are looking for a great truck I wouldnt stand by none other than a Dodge.
    Visitor, New Orleans, LA, September 24, 2010 13:24
    I have had to dodge trucks. One was a 2004 1500 and the one I have now is a 2500 mega cab. The 1500 was a 8 cyl. and the 2500 a hemi. Both trucks if I hit a pot hole, railroad track or anything alittle rough in the road the motor will kill. HMMMM> Payload is terrible my 2500 elcoline van carries more. The a,c system sucks. O Yeah and my the way, when I bought the 2500 new, I had 12,100 miles on the truck and it was only 4 months old and the dealership told me go take a hike when I bought the truck back for dried rotten tiles.
    johnm1947, Punta Gorda, FL, September 12, 2010 03:51
    Have had this truck for almost 3 years. Bought new. First bought 2008 megacab with hemi and the fuel milage was awful. Took it back to dealer and traded after 3 days for 2007 Megacab Cummins with 6 speed auto. The Cummins 6.7L has been great. No problems, and get almost 20mpg on interstate running 2000rpm or 77mph. Get around 12mpg pulling load. Power always smooth and plenty of it. Always bought GM before but love this truck with the Cummins.
    Visitor, Lusby, MD, August 23, 2010 17:33
    I recently purchased a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500HD HEMI ST 4x4 with 42k miles, this was a big step since the truck i traded in for it was a 2005 Ford F150 V6 2wd long bed. Very big, Very powerful. the suspension is really really stiff and does not give you the most comfterbal ride but thats expected from a 3/4 ton truck. the Hemi motor responds well and gives me plenty of power. I average 12 mpg and haul 3000lbs of stone with ease. this truck is a bit much for what my vehical requirements are but "I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it" overall its a well built truck.
    Dodge ram 08, Augusta, ME, June 18, 2010 16:24
    2008 hemi auto poss rear, hauls 30ft fith wheel with ease. fun to drive. It is a hd work truck but people everywhere praise it's looks. I have had trucks that were loaded with options and never received second look. ps have 1990 with cummings a with 125K and a 93 with a 360 v/8 all 4X4 auto's.
    Visitor, Lincoln, NE, May 18, 2010 20:22
    This is by far the best truck I've ever owned. 5.9 CTD combined with a 6 speed is unbeatable. This truck is rated (from the factory) at 14k towing in reality it'll pull 20k. Only problems I've had with it are putting a thermostat in it and I need to replace a drag link to get rid of the play in the steering wheel (common thing with a dodge right along with a track bar). I've got the H.O. which was only offered with a 6 speed transmission and it was worth the extra money. It's got 178k on it with the factory clutch in it and it's still very firm. Overall this is an excellent truck for anybody that wants a workhorse. Just be sure to empty the blow by canister every time you change the oil, if you don't you'll get oil leaking down the front of the engine.
    knightriderfan, Benson, NC, May 15, 2010 10:16
    This is the second Ram that I have owned. I will not own anything but a Dodge for the rest of my life. This Truck is the best. 5.7L HEMI. Need I say more. If Raw Power is what you want, this is the truck you need.
    Visitor, Bristol, VT, April 27, 2010 04:43
    i bought this truck with 123k and now after 1 year of owning it, its got 150k and only put in one major repair. this truck has plenty of power and i have slow benn upgrading it so that it will save me money in a long run.. 01 quad cab, 6in lift, 35" bfg, boost fooler, smarty, egt boost tranny gauges, upgradeing lift pump this week
    Visitor, Kaysville, UT, April 15, 2010 18:44
    I HAVE HAD MY 1999 DODGE DIESEL FOR 8 YEARS AND GOT 212 547 MILES AND STILE GOING STRONGE
  • 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
    corey9212, Boise, ID, March 16, 2010 23:19
    This is my first truck and I have to say I am very dissapointed. I have had nothing but problems and they are always the same problems. First I went through 3 transmission solenoids in one year, then 1 TCM, plus a leak in the EVAP system 4 times all of these things in one year. Now for the good things, the truck has lots of power and 4X4 has gotten me out lots of trouble in the winter snow and spring mud. The lights are very good and produce lots of visibility on the road. The heater heats up the cab very fast and besides major swaying on medium turns has very stable handling.
    jwstl80, De Soto, MO, February 17, 2010 12:55
    This is my Second Cummin Engine Truck, my first one was a 97 3500 Ram when I traded it in for a new 24valve it had 654,000 With a few major repairs, and 2 Transmissions. With that said I would still never give up my Cummins motor. They rock just schedule maintenance and take care of them and they will take care of you.
    CPSPE, Oakland, NJ, September 11, 2009 15:26
    My gas 2500 has less than 45,000 miles on it and the vehilce is simply a pile of rust - even my mechanic has never seen anything like it. Just repalced a rusted exhaust manifold, rusted malfuncting coil, crank sensor, front shocks, rear brakes (complete). Vehicle steers all over the road due to old style system (non rack & pinion). Four wheel drive dash indicator replaced twice and still does not work. Defroster/heater selector gets confused. The rust is very bad for a relatively low mileage vehicle. Gas mileage between 9 to 12 MPG. Sorry to say, would never purchase a Dodge again unless they really improve this vehicle.
    Field Mechanic 3140, Wylie, TX, June 28, 2009 15:39
    This truck has 114,869 miles on it and like every other Dodge this year or older the dash has cracked every where even when the windows are cracked and a vent shade in the winsheild in the hot South Texas sun. The dash was only 2 years old with 56,000 miles on the truck. the other interior is kind of cheap byt is okay its just the plastic parts.I have had Ford Super Duty work trucks up to 10 years old with no cracked dashes shame on you Dodge they know of and admited that there is a dash problem. A/C comp. is in the worse place its on the bottom of the motor on the exaust/turbo side and that produces the most heat over there and the engine is desighned to suck the heat out the bottom and it goes right over the A/C Comp. I have had to put 3 A/C systems on my truck my self im a retired Field Mechanic form Cat. Besides that the truck runs good has plenty of power and has never left stranded any where. Chnaged oil in it every 5,000 miles with Rotella 15w40 and keeps on going. Cummins replaced the injection pump and lift pump for free when it started acting up at 96,000 miles and updated with new injection pump and lift pump this was before low sulpher diesel. I put Lucas diesel fuel additive in the fuel tank when I fill up to suppliment for the low sulpher diesel. Besides that it a great truck I use it to two 15,000 punds all the time and has never let me down.
    Aguafan2, Tucson, AZ, April 06, 2009 15:54
    I pull heavy loads, 9,000 trailer to 12,800 5th wheel. I have 98,500 miles on the truck (bought it new). I got 11.7 mpg pulling the 5th wheel,AZ to MN to AZ., total weight was 18,660 lbs. It drives and handles great! I use an automatic slider hitch, an excellent unit. I have the automatic xmsn., 4X4, HD with Off Road and Trailer pkgs. 10 yrs old in 10/09 and looks and runs great!
    E_HILLMAN, Cynthiana, KY, February 22, 2009 12:38
    The 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramine is possibly my favorite truck I have had thus far. It took every bit of 4x4 ABUSE I threw at it. Hauled some crazy above payload loads I put in it and kept cranking up for more every day. I drove it like a sports car (its very stiff suspension made this easy) and treated it like a 30 year old beater farm truck on the farm. The only issues I had were: At about 70k on it I blew a right front brake line and had to limp home and to a repair shop using my manual transmission for brakes. At around 80k the very heave tail pipe from the tip to around 2' back broke off and I had to have a new one welded on. My guess is from too much jumping and banging the poor truck all the time plus I am sure I have bottomed it out back there a few times. I did not even plan to trade it in but I was just looking at a lot as a lot of other truck loving guys do one day and got an offer I could not refuse on a new one that normally I would not afford. Pics http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/E_HILLMAN/Misc/2002%20Dodge%20Ram%202500%204x4/
    E_HILLMAN, Cynthiana, KY, February 22, 2009 12:26
    I am a 4th time Dodge Ram truck owner and this is my second 2500 4x4 in a row. This one was purchased new in late January of 2007 as a 06 model leftover. Inferno Red, Quad Cab,4x4, tow package, Bighorn, Cummins Turbo Diesel, Short bed. Pictures http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/E_HILLMAN/Misc/2006%20Dodge%20Ram%202500%204x4/ Got a $15k discount so even in the economic downturn I still owe less on it than it is worth. I liked the rear stiffness of my 02 better than the 06 but I LOVE how much quieter it is as I do not wake the neighbors when I leave. It has no problem towing anything I have thrown behind it and though it sits down a little more per pound loaded it has haulded all I have needed to haul with no issues. I tow a 6,000lb boat frequently during the summer along with the occasional 14,000lb buggy of fertalizer, 18,000lb load of hay bales and 2,500 lbs of rock salt in the bed. The stock tires only lasted me around 27,000 miles but that is most likely my driving habits as I met someone with the same truck and tires that got over 90k out of his and at the time has as much tread as I did. I wish the mirrors were more like my 02 as the tow mirrors on this model have more blind spots when in normal position and I don't want to be one of those a-holes driving around with them extended all the time like dumbo hogging up road space. Mine has the 6way power seat, DVD, etc in the interior and all work fine. The outside temp gauge however in the afternoons seems to take around 10 minutes to start updating. Thus far I am VERY happy with this truck but wish it had more than two grease fittings. And with all post 1980s cars the sheet metal could be a little thicker but it is thicker than the foreign models at least. :-) Driving it is nice and smooth for a 2500. Maybe a little tooo smooth for my likes of a heavy duty truck. This is my first automatic transmission in years as I have not trusted Dodge Automatics for along time. The tranny seems firm but I hate the way it can randomly shift since the amount of torque and horsepower this truck puts out can be an issue when it decides to downshift in the middle of a curve especially on slick roads. At first I had fuel economy issues even for a automatic (I expected it to use more than my manual shift ones) and finally I took it to a dealership who ran a program update on it and I gained about 5mpg economy which now puts it right where i would expect it with a 18mpg average. 16 city/20 highway. The heater fan in the past couple of months started vibrating a lot in the box so I need to take it in and have that serviced before my 36k mile warranty is up. Currently I have 32k on it or roughly 16k a year usage. Some of those miles are VERY rough farm miles in mud, rock, trees, etc. with loads in the back. Some are highway and a lot are country back roads into a mid sized city (Lexington KY) with a lot of stop and go to work during the weekdays.
    patou89, Schenectady, NY, January 24, 2009 19:01
    I Have 128000km and have change front all steering 2 times. The exhaust pipe need to be repair 2-3 time in 7 years. The interior keep the road. hi have no noise at all and noting have broke. The engine is built by Cummings so I will never se the end. (5.9L) Only have to change oil and filter.
    semegoin, San Clemente, CA, November 10, 2008 22:53
    I have owned this truck since 1994. The first year and a half were rough: 2 transmissions; one in 1995 and the other in 1996. As a result I installed a transmission cooler and it solved the problem. In 2000 I had to replace the front end suspension and re-painted the hood and roof (by the way I live in CA!). I think there may have been a paint flaw with the 94 model. Overall, the Dodge has been a great truck! No oil leaks, it always starts right up (though it does need a little warm up), but I am satisfied.
    hemicuda, San Francisco, CA, October 03, 2008 14:32
    I have 228,000 miles on this truck 5 sets of front pads, One set of rear brake shoes, 3 throttle position sensors and about 35 oil changes. Never left me stranded and always used Napa parts
    vwvette, Rochester, NY, September 23, 2008 18:48
    I've owned my truck for 2 years. It has 140,000 miles and have had no problems.