Reviews for Dodge Ram 1500 years:

Dodge Ram 1500 Reviews and Owner Comments

Dodge Ram 1500Owner Reviews (148 reviews)
    Visitor, Peekskill, NY, October 19, 2014 15:01
    Have a 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 4WD with the Cummins. GREAT!!! Blows away any Chevy on the road. Put a programmer in it and getting 22 mpg empty and 15 towing a 14k horse trailer with a living quarters. The only problem is it is such a great truck, I have no intentions of buying another truck.
    Visitor, Brooksville, FL, September 25, 2014 11:03
    Bought my 03 Ram 1500 SLT quadcab used in 2006. It had 60,500 miles exactly. Ive owned the truck for 8 years and it never left me sit anywhere. I keep the oil changes every 5000 miles. All I've done is replace the heater core, radiator, water pump, fan clutch, and one wheel hub assembly. All that except the heater core was just this past year. I just replaced the factory battery as well. The truck now has 210,000 miles on her and my vacuum booster for the brakes went out. I've done more to a lot of vehicles with much less mileage.
    Visitor, Olympia, WA, September 24, 2014 04:42
    I bought a used 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 4 x4 with 11300 miles on it for $4000. After purchasing it I immediately took it to get the fluid changes done. I noticed the sticker above the drivers side window said next service due at 11200 miles. After having the oil changed, I was surprised to hear from the mechanic that the oil was still pretty decent but, I insisted on the change anyways and all of the fluids including the transmission, and gear boxes were in great order. He inspected the truck front to back making sure all the lights worked. No oil or water leaks anywhere insight.Looking underneath the truck, he even went as far as to say the truck probably has never even been off road. The truck was deemed flawless except for the usual clear coat flaking on the hood, front and front fenders, and the usual carless door dings 3 to be exact, the truck is a dream. I bought it so I can tow boats. It has a lift kit, an awesome tow package, giant off road tires, with a beefy exhaust system. I do however notice, a little play in the steering. Should be an easy fix. It certainly rides like a monster truck. A big difference sitting so high above the ground as compared to driving around town in my 1984 Corvette. or my wifes 2014 Rav 4.
    Visitor, Three Rivers, MI, September 24, 2014 04:41
    Three years ago I purchased my first Dodge product, a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 360. It already had 150,000 one it and quite a bit of rust but still ran smooth. Over the past 3 years I have had no issues with the truck other than replacing power steering hose, egr valve, and broken gas straps. This truck has been the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned and I intend to keep it until its dying day which I hope is many years down the road, but when that day does come I will certainly only be in the market to buy another Dodge Ram!
    ranger1962, Martinsburg, WV, August 11, 2014 05:16
    I have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 crew cab 4/2 big horn... Problem is front end hear a clunking sound when turning steering wheel left and right... took to dealer all thay told me is EVERY THING IS TIGHT.. I no something is wrong... could it be in the rack.
    Visitor, Mesa, AZ, June 17, 2014 12:17
    I have owned my dodge 1500 for over a year now. I bought it with 110,000 miles on it and it now has 156,000. The transmission had failed me but that was a known problem when I bought it. Since the rebuild it has been a strong reliable truck. It towed 1,000 lbs. of tools and my 1982 corvette from Minnesota down to Arizona no problem. The most frustrating problem is the plastic. Dash is cracked and the cup holders never worked all of the exterior plastic is faded badly. I can find a cup holder or dash that isn’t broken anywhere unless I buy new. All in all the truck is solid and for the price verses dependability it blows ford and Chevy out of the water. By the way I love having a full steal bed and body none of that fiberglass crap.
    Visitor, Kirkland, WA, June 10, 2014 11:56
    I bought my RAM 1500 4x4 Quad Cab with a 5.7 liter hemi new in August 2007. It now has approx. 172,000 miles. Obviously I put on a lot of freeway miles on it but I also towed a fair amount with a 4,500 lbs travel trailer along with some lighter towing of snow mobiles and boats. This is what I have replaced in the time I have owned: 2 sets of brakes, 1 wheel bearing, tie rod ends, 1 exhaust manifold, one EGR wiring harness, 1 transfer case casing, 1 set of spark plugs. The exhaust manifold and the transfer case Dodge replaced under my lifetime powertrain warranty. Not bad for the number of miles. Overall its been a great vehicle and it does awesome in the snow which I drive in quite a bit. My minor quibbles are MPG, ride quality and the lower grade interior bits. The Hemi has multi-displacement and was rated at 14 City and 18 Highway. You can only achieve 18 MPG if you drive a steady 60 on flat ground. I usually get something closer to 16 MPG. The city is even worse as I usually get 11-12 MPG around town. The interior at the time was far behind Ford and Chevy and includes a lot of hard plastics and foam so stiff on the seats its like sitting on a park bench. I am a average height/weight guy and the side bolsters seem to be made with bigger people in mind as they don't touch me on either side. Brake feel is a bit spongy, I have considered changing the stock rubber hoses over to braded ones but I guess it hasn't bothered me enough to spend the time or money. After 172K it still burns no oil and pulls like a locomotive. I would buy another if I could go back in time as its been a great truck that will be difficult for me to part with.
    Sheeka, Jersey City, NJ, May 15, 2014 08:15
    I have an 2005 Ram 1500 w/ the Hemi. I live in SD. I bought it used have had it for 2 years has about 130,000 miles on it. After I bought it of course, the check engine light came on and I hear this clicking noise on the passenger side in the engine and it loses power. Can ANYONE OUT THERE give me an idea as to what this is? I am still driving it this way cause it's the only vehicle I have. I could use some advice. Thanks!
    Visitor, Stony Brook, NY, May 08, 2014 07:02
    I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 about a year ago my electrical system shorted out.It turns out that the fuse box a hole in the top cover about the size of a quarter. I took it to a dodge dealer and they claimed that this was the first time that they had ever seen this and could not tell me how this could happen. Well yesterday I noticed that it happened again. the plastic appears to have "melted". This was a very costly repair. This truck has 65000 mi and is garaged when not in use. Has anyone experienced this and if so do you know what is the cause?
    Visitor, Muncy, PA, April 07, 2014 05:42
    I have had my Dodge now for three years now. I have the oil changed every 3000 miles like clock work. I change the spark plugs every 30,000 like the owners book says to. This 2004 truck has been really great until now. I now have 122,000 miles on the truck and for some reason I'm getting a multiple misfire on 1 2 3 and 4 cylinders. I replaced the crank position sensor, put new plugs wires and coils on the truck and still have the same problem. Any help on this problem would be great.
    Visitor, Luning, NV, February 24, 2014 07:06
    I have a green machine 2001 dodge ram 1500 laramie slt 4x4 5.2ltr. I bought this pick up with 13 miles on it. At the moment there's 200,880 miles on it. I do the normal 5,000 mile oil change & other routine maint. & yes as the other reviews my dash has cracked & my A/C clutch siezed around 160,000 & I had my tranny rebuilt @ 188,000 & ny rear end went out when I was on the highway bout 170,000 miles. But its not likt I don't use my pick up. After all it's a pick up I couldn't start to tell u how many days I've gone without hauling something or pulling a trailer with either a couple tons of hay or a couple tons of fire wood or logs. But i'd have to tell u the most memorable 1about 8 years ago is the 9 tons of sod I hauled. Yes I probably didn't help my rear end or tranny but I had 3 tons in the bed & 6 tons on a trailer. I was pleased with my pick up. since I've bought the pick up I've replaced the brake pads twice about to do the rotors & pads again. Added a 45 gal gas tank so now I can put 71 gals in her & the only thing extra I'm going to do is switch out the rear leaf springs with some heavy duty 2300lbs ea. Spring. & if u ask me if I'm gonna buy a new pick up... I'll simply reply NO... this one isn't even broken in yet. Great job on this one dodge. You dun good!!!
    Visitor, Lithia Springs, GA, February 12, 2014 11:36
    I did have a 2007 4.7L Dodge ram 1500. Ok where do I start I will try and make a long story short. The suspension is terrible, after the 100,000 mile mark everything began to go wrong. I had to replace the radiator twice, the heater core went out and I heard this was a major problem in all dodge rams. The right side head went out, then the left side head went out. I guess if you have the time to deal with these problems this will be an ok truck but for me I need something dependable and this truck was not.
  • 2000 Dodge Ram 1500
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, January 17, 2014 11:05
    I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 5.2 V8 SLT 5 speed with 141,000 miles. I bought it with 110,000 miles. Tows great on a regular basis. Within the past two years I have replaced: Water pump, tensioner pulley, thermostat twice (due to the first thermostat being faulty itself), lower ball joints, drivers side window motor, radiator, upper and lower hoses, tps sensor, ivac sensor, u joints, two new rear tires (I still need to purchase two new front tires), new brake pads and roters. My Ram is reliable (even though it has had a lot of repairs). It does have the dodge cracked dashboard, I bought a cover so it no longer looks cracked. The Ram is a great truck. No major problems if you keep with with routine repairs, especially if you choose the standard transmission. To those who complain about the ram transmissions going out/cracked dashboards: this is a known issue with this generation of Dodge Rams. If you bought a used Ram and the automatic transmission goes out, I do not pity you. Especially if the truck is 5+ years old. Every vehicle has its niche about whats bad with it. Choose a standard transmission and you wont ever have an issue. And regarding the cracked dash: yes it sucks, but its not a major deal...especially when you can buy a dash cover online for pretty cheap. Used trucks are used. you must keep up on repairs if you desire to have a good vehicle
    Visitor, Keller, VA, December 02, 2013 23:28
    there is a leakage between engine and gear box and the jack when the speed meter is getting 100km per hour.I wanted to know the cause of the problem.
    Visitor, Sumter, SC, November 28, 2013 10:44
    Love how it looks and drives butttttt only had it a week and iv bought 2 tires (controll arm broke and rubbed a deep grove in the tire)fixed it and now its sitting in the side of the rd axting like it cant get gas and my dad is getting it back here to look at it any thoughts of what it could be let me know oh did i mention it is turkey day and it broke down on me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Visitor, Enfield, CT, November 25, 2013 16:56
    original owner of ram 2004 4.7 quad cab truck has been very dependable 142,000 mi the major disapopointment has been the rusting out around wheel wells on rear this problem started when truck was only 6 yrs old brought it to dealers attn. and was told they would not do anything about it.we live in northeast and truck was always washed in winter to get rid of salt build up.the seal between double layer truck wall was not a solid welded seal but tack welded so moisture could get between walls.never will I buy another dodge because of this problem and lack of action by dodge will drive me back to nissan
    Visitor, Lecanto, FL, August 12, 2013 16:37
    I will never bye another dodge product , my dash has cracked and crumbled. the air condition has give me trouble since I have owned this truck, 2001 dodge ram 1500 4x4 Laramie I have owned other dodge products before no more.
    Visitor, Haymarket, VA, July 25, 2013 03:30
    this is the 8th consecutive new Dodge truck I have purchased and worn out. I currently have 185K on her and she is using 1/2 qt of oil every 1200 miles. There are only 2 problems I have ever had - one is the Rt brake light, which shorts out when ever it rains causing a burned out bulb indicator, I have not been able to find the short anywhere. The second is when it has set for 24 hours or more, when you first put it in gear, it is as if the Trani has no fluid, the engine revs but it does not move. Dealership said it was a missing/defective back-flow preventer that was allowing trani fluid to drain over time and it takes 15 seconds to circulate the fluids. The recorded it and said if it became a problem, they would warranty it whenever I could not deal with the down time back then and skipped the service, here I am 185,200 miles later and never looked back
    Visitor, Quinton, AL, July 21, 2013 18:50
    I bought my 2004 4.7 ram brand new and gas was over 1.00 a gallon and I loved it,,,it now has 92000 miles,,,3 water pumps so far terrible gas mileage since gas is almost 3.50 gallon I use sythenic oil in the truck,,, I have come to realize that the 4.7 liter engine is the worst engine dodge has made,,truck is pd for and could not get nothing for it,,,,,
    shocks63, Exeter, NH, February 20, 2013 07:56
    I bought my Dodge in 2004, with 50k miles around 100k body rust galore the typical doors and wheel wells, cab corners, been through 3 water pumps, tranny been slipping since 90k, replaced front axle seals at 110k, brake lines corroded in half along frame, check engine for evap code lead to a crack around gas fill neck, 02 sensors constantly, heater core just went at 160k but still running strong, love to buy new, but rebuilding my 2001 RAM
    Visitor, Chandler, AZ, February 14, 2013 17:36
    I bought my 1999 Ram 5.9 used with 30K on it. It now has 146+K on it and I have had no real problems. I replaced the radiator, and the freeze plugs all around. I am now having a problem with a vibration coming from the engine. It is no missing or any or the injectors. I have removed the serpentine belt and started the engine and the vibration is still there. I believe it is the harmonic balance wheel on the front of the crankshaft. What should it cost to have this repaired. I need to know to decide if I want to keep the truck or not. Jim
    Visitor, Panama City, FL, February 06, 2013 23:50
    the dodge that i own now has been in my family since i was little my father bought it for 5000 from a used dealership in 1999 with about 45000 miles and i have owned it for the last 2 years and it currently has 250000 miles on it the only problems that it ever had was a worn out fuel pump and a broken oil seal that leaks almost a whole quart a week and as a 18 year old i run it hard and go mudding so to all of you who complain over these big things like trannys you need to look back at old owners or even yourselfs because these things are caused by you overlooking small details that dont cost much to fix before it causes a huge problem Dodge will always be the truck for me
    Visitor, San Jacinto, CA, January 08, 2013 23:40
    I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 L. SLT. Im the 2nd owner bought it with 37, 000 miles on it. Can say enough about this truck its been very good to me. I now have 246, 878 miles on her. I change the oil every 6, 000 miles andbuse only the best oil every$10 qt. I do have an electrical issue that i cant fint, if i let my truck sit for 2 days or more she wont start. I stpped setting the alarm thinking that was the issue however it was notbit. I replaced the batter and that was notnit. Any advise other than that i love my truck really best purchas ive made in years still looksblike New Inside and out, the complements really make me feel great. Does anyone have advisebon the electrical?
    Visitor, Pittsburgh, PA, January 02, 2013 13:37
    Front wheel bearings replaced at 100K, A/C compressor clutch seized, oil pump replaced, OEM allow wheel (rim) broke while driving, body is a rust-bucket, pronounced valve tap, blower motor for the heater rattles when on, fog lights quit working, Check Engine light has been on (intermittently) since 105K miles making inspections a thrill. I am not in construction but use it for light-duty transport and hauling (bicycles, camping gear, etc). Not as good a truck as I hoped it would be.
    Visitor, Mineral Bluff, GA, January 02, 2013 10:48
    I bought my 06 ram 1500 new in late 2006. It's the quad cab 4X4 with the 5.7 hemi. The engine went out at approximately 75k miles and it cost me 4k plus to replace it with a used one. After putting less than 5k more on the truck after the engine replacement the transmission failed on it. Go figure! Now i'm looking at another 2 grand for this repair. It sucks cause I have never driven it rough, nor have I towed anything that would make a difference especially when it comes to transmission trouble. Always kept everything in check as far as oil and fluids. Guess I just paid 30k + for a lemon. It really sucks cause I actually like the truck. Just don't like the costs associated with it. Gas mileage has always sucked. On a good day around town I would get an average of 12 miles to the gallon, but most of the time it averaged about 10. I have read that the ram trucks with the hemi engines are bad to give trouble between 70-80k miles. A few things I've read is that the oil pick up filter for this truck was designed to small and which makes them stop up easily and starve the engine for oil. Also heard that the same is true for the transmission. I read somewhere that there were some design flaws that causes transmission trouble with this model truck. Keep in mind that this is my experience and what I've read about the issues I've had so take it with a grain of salt. I'm no mechanic by any means. On another note. I know someone else that had the same model truck and they had to take it to the dealer for transmission trouble several times. They told me the first time they repaired it under warranty, the second time they replaced it under warranty and the third time it tore up he had to pay because the warranty was out. I think he said he had around 45k on his truck the last time it tore up and he ended up trading it off for a ford.
    Visitor, Lawton, OK, December 28, 2012 10:33
    I have had mine for a little over 2 years, first truck I ever bought new, I have owned about every truck out there and this is by far the best looking and performing truck I had. I don’t pussyfoot around and never have with this truck either. Over 100 mph many times, sorry, but just couldn’t help it . Love the pickup it has and that sound of that HEMI!! What sold me on it mostly was the commercial where the guy is asked "that thing got a hemi" and his response was "you about to find out" LOVE IT.. Now I was bent over at the dealership and won't ever buy from them again, but that's another story... GOOD JOB DODGE
    Visitor, Ellington, CT, December 20, 2012 06:54
    let me start with just saying that i have been a long time dodge fan and owned 4 different ones over the years, going down the list interior is cheaply made seats are horrible fit and finish sucks, brakes work about as good as fred flintstones, a set of ebc yellow pads helped a lot though, no electrical problems, engine has been fantastic other than 2 water pumps one at 55k the next one at 59k up to 75k on second replacement, truck has multiple displacement system, if i get 13mpg on highway im having a good day, thats doing 65-70, suspesion is horrible factory shocks went bad around 30k and lower control arm bolts froze in place had to have them cut out and replaced, a nickles worth of anti seize would have gone a long way. transfer case will not shift out of 2wd, doesnt throw codes dealer wont fix it, so if you want a 1/2 ton truck dont buy one of these, unless of course its mine.
    Visitor, Reading, PA, December 12, 2012 19:59
    i have a 2007 dodge ram 1500 4x4 I am having trouble again with the rear this is #3 rear going in to this truck, they have no clue why this is going on, i am about done with this truck can anyone help me out if they have any info that would help big time. thanks Jesse
    Visitor, Cumberland, RI, November 13, 2012 14:51
    Dodge Ram 1500 2002 with 45000 miles. Dash board cracked in many places. When I climb a steep grade I hear a squeaking noise and the smell smoke. Tranmission ? The motor is runinind rough. The dealer couldnt help me.Time to scrap this truck.
    Visitor, Englishtown, NJ, November 12, 2012 13:57
    I bought it new in 2007. 5.7 1500 crew cab. The transmission has always been a bit wierd, but never gave it much thought. just yesterday at 82,000 miles, the transmission crapped out. The truck has been well maintained and only has 82,000 miles. The transmission should not be causing issues this early in the game... Shame on dodge.
    U.S.ARMY19D, Clarksville, TN, November 10, 2012 07:07
    When I bought this truck I figured these Hemi powered trucks were top of the line. When doing repairs on factory parts it never failed, the bolts break. My transfer case at 80,000 miles is locked up, stuck in four wheel drive. Had to fight for awhile to keep the engine from failing. Waste of money.
    Visitor, Saint Albans, VT, October 29, 2012 19:18
    ive had this 96 xcab 4x4 5 speed for 11 years now it had 40000 on it when i bought it now has 204000 2nd clutch 3 water pumps 1 power steering hose fuel pump this year moved from vt to texas pulling an overloaded trailer made it no problem 318 little under powered at times all in all i love this truck buy the way the engine hes never been apart orginal starter and alternator dodge did good on this one
    Visitor, Sanford, NC, October 29, 2012 11:49
    I bought my Ram new in 2006 . I have owned ford ,chevy and have driven about every brand of truck in a work situations . I must say the 2006 dodge ram is the Best Truck I have ever driven or owned . Get the 5.7. Hemi .Its a heck of a Great motor . I will BUY another ram in the future Maybe A POWER WAGON WITH THE HEMI .
    paceguy, Orchard Park, NY, October 17, 2012 11:27
    purchased my 03 ram 1500 quadcab used with 77K,had 1 year,replaced battery,and the tranny cooling lines,i live in the north east where salt is used on the roads during the winter,this truck runs like new,looks great and handles well for a large vehicle,interior is roomy and nicely appointed,the 4 wheel drive works flawlessly,although the transfercase shift on the floor is bit archaic,later years have the electronic engagement for the TC on the dash,just wish the hemi wasnt as thirsty,not a complaint,i knew it it would be a gas hog,all in all a great truck!!!
    Visitor, Gonzales, LA, October 08, 2012 20:32
    2007 1500 4.7 liter. For the money; picked it up used winter of 2009 with 32K, for 13,500; not terrible, but can't brag about it either. To be fair though, it hasn't cost me much to maintain. I just finished putting on a water pump, for $60 and a battery a few weeks ago. Everyone has already talked about the poor fuel mileage, and the rough suspension. I wish I could have found the larger engine at a good price when I was looking, but I do feel I got a good deal. AC leaks a bit, but couple cans of recharge and it's ok.
    Chuck Dodge, Savannah, MO, July 11, 2012 18:51
    I bought this truck as a third owner, this truck was driven to near death, literally. I have the Laramie SLT with 5.9litre 360 and 4x4 with an automatic transmission. This truck is almost fully loaded there might be two or three option it doesn't have. The only real problems are the feel of the brakes, their not as tight as I might like them but they do thier job. The A/C takes a while to get cold even after I recharged it, but once it gets there it is ice cold. The steering seem to be quite loose, not sure if that has to do with some kind of adjustments or not and it could some heavier suspension components for my liking. Overall this truck is very dependable and luxurious, will tow or haul anything I have ever wanted, (around 7000lbs on a trailer so far and around 1500lbs payload so far.) Great truck in nearly all aspects.
    Visitor, Flowery Branch, GA, June 19, 2012 10:09
    BEST TRUCK IV EVER OWNED HANDS DOWN NEVER HAD A PROB WITH IT AND HAUL A 25 FOOT SEARAY EVERY OTHER WEEK
    Visitor, Silver Bay, MN, June 17, 2012 22:02
    Have a 99 Dodge sport quad cab., with the 5.9 engine. Had to replace intake manifold gasket, (under warranty). It likes to go thru,right u joint. That has been the only issues. Have over 300k, on this truck. Can't say I've taken the best care of the engine, (change oil when it looks past due). never cared about mileage, drive it like I stole it., always have. Best damn truck i've ever had!. Passing it on to my son. Thing is a AWESOME truck! God Bless my Dodge
    ramit, Kensett, AR, June 06, 2012 16:25
    Got my dodge used. Always wanted a dodge and took me till i was 29 to get one. Its a 97 dodge 1500. Put a bout 200 bucks in it since i have had it. Thats counting normal coast like oil change exc. Gets 25 miles to a gallon and im not complaining. think its been twink alittle to. Paid 4500 bout 600 under cost or so i was told. Used the 4x4 once, in the snow. 3 inch lift kit on it to.
    Visitor, Jacksonville, NC, April 18, 2012 10:52
    I am the original owner and have 85k on the odometer. I love the power and styling of the truck, also since I am 6'5", the room in the drivers seat more than adequate. I have driven from East Coast to West Coast 6 times so far always hauling a loaded car trailer with no more than a blown tire along the way (air bags on the rear are a big help). In the 7 1/2 years I have owned the truck it has needed an EGR Valve replaced which was a simple job that required just a $60 auto store part and about 30 minutes of time to fix, gears under the seat replaced after 60k miles probably because of my size (and I like to play with the adjustment on long trips), and new shocks being replaced currently at 85k, which should have been replaced a long time ago anyway. My only gripe is the in town gas mileage which is on par with other 2004 full size trucks. When I drive carefully I can get about 14mpg in town. I love my truck and until something with significantly better gas mileage is released I will not be getting rid of it.
    Visitor, Black River, NY, March 31, 2012 08:57
    Bought this ST Regular cab short bed new in VA. Beach, don't drive it in the winter here in NY and the body is like new, I have lowered it 2" in the front 4" in the rear with drop spindles and new leafs. I have literally driven this truck like I stole it every chance I get (very agressive launches) I have replace the R&P with 4.56 richmonds at a pro shop and had a faulty pinion lose 2 teeth after 20K miles. On the new Richmond gears R&P and this truck is still the most fun truck I have ever driven, no issues whatsoever other than the reflective oval on the interior of the door fell off for some reason (tab broke). I get about 12 miles to the gallon because I got this truck for the fun factor, not the mileage and the way I drive it. I have around 60K on this truck and plan to keep it...It really needs a stroker 426 and a few other things to be complete...maybe that will happen if I can get this Hemi to break. So far, much fun! I had a Chevy 1995 new in the box before this I put over 210K miles on. I would never expect this truck to withstand the abuse I put on it, so I know I won't get that kind of mileage out of this motor, besides.....I never planned on that. The only thing I miss is the silverado features of electric windows and locks.......other than that, no way I'd condsider a Chevy unless it was for utilitarian purposes. My Dodge is Badazz fun!
    Visitor, Vicksburg, MS, March 26, 2012 19:18
    I bought my 04 SLT Quad with a Hemi in March of 08 with 104,000 miles on it. Have put another 121,000 on it since then. I can't rave enough and I am currently facing a water pump replacement. "Bertha" has been nothing but a sheer joy to own. Dependable, most repairs are understandable to due to her age and the mileage... I really can't say enough about how much I really have enjoyed this truck. For a truck she's fairly fuel efficient as trucks go, (getting right over 20 on the highway with a fresh oil change and running a higher octane fuel.) the interior has held up through the years, (no cracked dash in this model)and the body style remains one of my favorites as far as Dodges go. I bought her with glass packs and nothing makes my heart happier than to turn the key and hear her rumble. This has been really the best used vehicle purchase I ever made and one of the rare times you'll ever hear that a used car dealer wasn't lying when he told me this was by far the nicest truck they'd ever had on their lot. He was right, she really was the best thing I could have purchased and this comment is coming from someone whose opinion of Dodge trucks was in the toilet due to my dad's 01 V6 1/2 ton. I know all models have their duds, but I hear more positive reviews from 04 owners than I hear negative comments and that speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned.
    Visitor, Lehigh Acres, FL, March 08, 2012 18:42
    I have owned Dodges since the late 60's. They used to be a good truck until the GREED MONGERS hijacked America in the 80's..........since then it's been all down hill and they can't figure out why??? They are starting to figure it out now that they're all bankrupt or close to it! Being in the construction industry, I have always fixed my own equipment. Shops will rip you blind!! A couple of authors complain about just about everything on the truck. First of all, it requires daily maintainence like anything else. You can't just turn the key and drive it!! Another issue, if you're buying the cheapest parts money can buy at Advance Auto or one of those discount auto suppliers................you're getting what you pay for!!! I have a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara with 150,000 miles and it's only on the second set of brakes! I drive with common sense, don't tailgate, and I buy premium quality ceramic pads! My Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 has 170,000 and it's only had maybe 3 brake changes. You have to grease them once in a while, change the oil every 3000 miles and use Mobil 1 Synthetic or Amsoil.....quality oils far separated from all the others, I did extensive research on this issue because we have a lot of equipment and use 55 gallon drums of it...........not quarts! Mobil One oil filter as well. You want a filter that gets maximum micron filtration to take out the contaminents! I know why people complain because I have family members that just buy a vehicle and turn the key...........never seen a oil change........matter a fact, my brother doesn't even check the dip stick! People like that get what they deserve.....headaches and unreliability!! I have several friends with Toyotas all getting well in excess of 300,000 miles. My brother got 78,000 on his and the notor puked!
    Visitor, Maiden, NC, March 06, 2012 09:13
    i have a 1995 doge ram 1500 it gets 27 miles to a gallon of gas. just can't find the part i need to get the brake and abs lights off so it won't pass inspection. haveing a lot of truble because they don't make the part any more. love my truck it still runs and drives like a new one it has 173,000 miles on it.
    Visitor, Escondido, CA, February 28, 2012 07:56
    We have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn edition 4 doors with 5.7 hemi. We love our truck. It has been our first dodge purchase. We have been a Ford and Chevy owners before this and we still have our Ford Expedition. We have been using our Dodge truck on any of our long travel and it has been getting better gas mileage than the Ford. I am happy with the mileage, it gets about 20 mpg on the freeway compared to 15 to 16 mpg. So far the truck is now 6 years old and no major work done on it. Regular oil changes and brake pad/rotors. The truck is pretty much stock and no after market stuff.
    Visitor, Midlothian, VA, February 24, 2012 11:43
    Junk Ram 1500 SLT 4x4. Owned since new. At 66000 miles Transmission replaced, Fuel pump died, passenger mirror flaps in the wind,dash is cracking and falling apart. Rear chrome bumper rusted through. Bumper trim turned from black to green. body side molding peeling. Got only 80000 miles on it 15 years later. Sorry to say this was a regretful purchase. shame a almost $40000.00 truck doesnt hold up better than this. Buy Ford.
    Visitor, West Haven, CT, February 20, 2012 14:27
    I ordered my 2001 quad cab new. First few years were great,then it went down hill from there. Check engine light has been on since 2005, emission code.Can not fix,I have to reset it and drive for a few days to get it through emission test. Drivers side heated seat no longer works. Fog lights do not work. A/C compressor bearing seized at 65k, Brake lines rusting out at 65k Coolant leak at 97k, turns out to be leaking from timing cover. No tranny issues as of yet (jinxed myself i know). Ready to have a bonfire with it.
    Visitor, Diamond Bar, CA, February 15, 2012 16:32
    I own a 2004 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi that I have religiously taken care of for 7 yrs now. It just turned 37,000 mi. New brakes, shocks, tires, and servicing at the dealership. Now it has a new radiator. Little did I know that the radiators are aluminum with plastic sides that numerous truck owners have had to replace. Lucky for me, it was still under the last month of warranty. I also have had the rear transmission seal replaced for leakage just because my driveway is on a slight incline, and the pressure of the tranny oil would cause it to leak. I now back it in to park. The right side of the rear end would slip when making a right turn taking off from a dead stop. Dealer could not find anything wrong.Did I mention the that the differential takes 4oz. of slip oil when getting it serviced for $250.00. Now it is losing power when trying to pick up speed on the freeway. I just can't wait to see what the next 37000 miles is going to bring!
    Visitor, Tucson, AZ, January 19, 2012 13:47
    I own a 2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 with 76,400 miles. I bought the truck new in October 2005 and it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. The only problems I have had were 2 bad batteries so far, which is common for the AZ heat. I maintenance the vehicle regularly with all the synthetic fluids. I am extremely hard on this truck however. I put a 6" lift and 35" tires, it has performance exhaust, air intake, and ecm programmer. This truck regularly goes 4 wheeling, tows my 8500lb toyhauler, and has even been on offroad race courses doing vehicle recoveries numerous times. I have never had an issue with it. This truck has made me a mopar lover.
    Visitor, Irvington, AL, January 03, 2012 20:34
    I BOUGHT MY 2004 DODGE RAM 1500 "HEMI" AND ITS BEEN A GREAT AND PWERFUL TRUCK, IT HAS 98,000 MILES ON IT AND HAS HAD NO MAJOR MALFUCTIONS, I DRIVE IT BACK AND FORTH FROM ALABAMA AND LOUISIANA EVERY MONTH FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS.
    Visitor, Kingston, NY, November 12, 2011 07:43
    I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 with the 5.2 V8 this truck has been excelent with one exception. when I operate this truck with snow on the road my crankshaft sensor malfunctions. This happens every time I use it in these conditions, After the third time replacing the crankshaft sensor I have not run it in the snow. This problem does not happen under any other driving conditions. Any input on this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    Visitor, Myrtle Beach, SC, November 09, 2011 08:54
    I bought a 2003 Ram 1500 w/5.7 HEMI new. I have owned this truck since new and now have 105,000 mile on it. This truck has been excellent and has never let me down. Only minor issues in the last 8 years. Just now having to replace the upper/lower ball joints and shocks. Brakes have been done once since new. Wheel bearing hubs on both sides have been replaced. This is a big heavy truck, have to expect this kind of maintenance. Love the room and ride, much better than Ford /Chevy. Would buy another Ram. It's all in how you treat/maintain your vehicle.
    Visitor, South Point, OH, November 03, 2011 03:35
    2002 dodge 4.7 4x4 52000miles started to rust around tire driver side bed.replaced brakes at 50000 miles.heating system works sometimes .blower motor works fine but blows cold air sometimes can't find anyone that can fix it
    prime, Kingsford Heights, IN, October 24, 2011 01:42
    i had my altenator checked ,battery ,and pcm , all are fine i was wondering is it my voltage regulator my truck start fine loses power when cold takes a while to charge up but doesn't die. when its warm outside it does do it
    tirby0117, Katy, TX, October 20, 2011 05:18
    Well my boyfriend has a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 and he decided he wanted to replace the factory radio with a :better" one. So he begins his journey of installing a radio with woofer speakers and amps. Ok he is NOT a mechanic of any kind. He has had the door panels off,the dashboard off, the radio panel board off, and so on. He has cut wires that he had no clue what they were for and this morning he finally did itm he cut a seriously wrong wire, he cut the Electropnic Throttle Control (ETC) wire. Ok so does anyone know what he needs to do to fix it besides stop working on it himself? Help please, I have a morron for a boyfriend. Thanks, T
    Visitor, Rocky Mount, NC, October 06, 2011 07:46
    We bought a dodge ram 1500 series, and we have over 200,000 miles on it and now we need a rear end, which is the fault of my own for the mistreatment in hauling this and that. I want to know when do I have to worry about replacing the engine. Some say pretty soon because of the mileage already on my engine. The truck runs great and is the best at getting things done. I want to keep my truck running great but want to be aware of problems before hand. If you know about engine spect. please respond.
    Visitor, Jacksonville, FL, September 25, 2011 11:22
    I bought a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD on Memorial Day. Found the selling on Craigs List (risky...yea I know) I checked it out the guy I had bought it from was selling it, because it was his dad's truck and his dad past away earlier in the year. I could tell the truck was sitting for a while. I bought it for $4000 it only had 75,000 original miles on it (got a carfax to prove it) and sice owning it I put about $1000 into it, All fluid changes, filters, replaced some vlv's, A/C flush and new tires. Runs like a champ. I have more people tell me I made out better then the seller. HOnestly I don think the guy new what he was selling. HE actually thought the year was 1996...opened the hood and showed hiim the manufactuer sticker that says "1997" I love this truck and I hope to get an extra 100,000 miles out of it before I tradeit in. Ihad a used car sales me call me and try to sell me a 2002 Ram 1500 for $6500 with 125K miles.....I told him no and what I gotten and he hung up the phone.....
    roger050, Pensacola, FL, September 20, 2011 17:48
    i have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 i cant get the ac to switch on all the way it fill like the door in the fire wall is not turning on i dont get any defrost a little heat i check all fuses but all are ok i put a new ac fan on it i get about 63% ac out but but not much air comes out of the vent's none on the floor can some one help me roger050@yahoo.com
    roger050, Pensacola, FL, September 20, 2011 17:29
    my ac and heater will not switch it throws som ac but not a lot
    hrserna, Houston, TX, September 14, 2011 18:09
    on this 1994 dodge 1\2 ton picup i got to much gas coming out the injectors fuel pump is new coolant temp sender is new air charge is new its got injector pulse ineed some advice its got fire good commpression whats next o its a 3.9 liter
    Visitor, Henderson, NV, August 31, 2011 23:57
    I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi. We love it it does get on gas. We drove from Vegas to Chandler AZ. on a 1/2 tank of gas. The A/C could be a little cooler but we are in the heat out here. We also have a 1987 Dodge Ram 150 and I my say it runs as good as our 2004. It does not do as good on gas and in the heat it seems like it is vapor locking on us when it get too hot but for having over 200,000 miles on it great! We have tried others (Chev., Ford, GMC) and we always go back to a dodge. What can I say we are a Dodge Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wade Garrett, Woodstock, GA, August 15, 2011 18:14
    I've only had this truck for a week, so my review may not be very comprehensive. I love everything about the truck except for two things. The fuel mileage is a little lower than expected (4.7L/Auto) and the transmission appears to be doing its own thing. It shifts into O/D too soon. Some times when it should downshift, it won't. It will just bog down until I mash the accelerator harder forcing it to downshift. If it weren't for those two very important items, this would be the perfect truck. I've had Chevys, Fords and Toyotas. This feels the best (even with the bad mileage and trans prob).
    Visitor, West Liberty, KY, August 07, 2011 09:58
    I just bought a 2003 Quad cab 4x4 a few weeks ago with 160,000 miles a month ago. The body is in perfect condition, no rust except the corner of the door. The interior doesnt even look worn and it drives very well. I love the roomy interior also. But, after about a week, I noticed a jerking/vibrating in the rearend when accelerating a little hard and when pulling a steep grade. I am doing research to determine what is wrong with it, so if anyone has had this same problem, please feel free to give me a heads up @ cert441@yahoo.com. I love this truck otherwise, but the gas mileage is terrible. Good thing its paid off or I couldnt afford gas for it.
    Visitor, Buford, GA, August 02, 2011 05:51
    I have a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 V 8 , 5.7 L and about 63000 Miles , it is a nice truck , the MPG suck's, it's not get it 20 MPG , now it is in the dealer for the last 2 months with a major problem ( it is get it stuck on 4th. gear and not shifting ) nobody and I mean NOBODY can figure out what is the problem , not even CHRYSLER they don't know . So I will check twice before to buy this truck.
    Visitor, Oklahoma City, OK, July 31, 2011 11:42
    This is my second Dodge ram 1500. My first one was a 2001, v6 with auto transmission. I had it over 5 years and only replaced tires and oil changes. Best vehicle I ever owned. But it was totaled by a f5 tornado in May. Needing another vehicle, I bought a 1995 Dodge ram 1500. This one has the 318 engine and standard transmission, which I liked. But being that I bought this from someone careless with cars... The rear axle went out, replaced it. The ball joints also got replaced as they were severely worn. Then it was idling bad, discovered several open vacuum lines, and the egr valve was not only dead, but had open lines. Fixed what I could, then took it to a auto shop where they told me the computer was out, and now have to bring this to a dealer to replace the computer and whatever else is wrong with it.Lesson learned: don't buy a vehicle from an irresponsible person
    jimctfd, Walled Lake, MI, June 20, 2011 05:12
    The body has held up nice. I had to have the transmission changed at 100,000 and the emissions has just been a nightmare. There always seems to be a leak somewhere. The heater core went out at around 80,000 and it seems to eat ball joints. I'm a fireman so the brakes are just because of the way I drive the thing, they hold up pretty good. All in all it's been a pretty decent vehicle with really not that much maintenance.
    Visitor, Wichita Falls, TX, May 02, 2011 14:15
    I bought my 2001 Dodge pickup in February 2001. There was a short in the rear driver side tail light when I bought it, but the dealer fixed it that evening. About 40,000 miles later, my front driver side caliper locked up. Again, the dealer fixed the problem with no charge for the damaged part, but i did have to buy the brake pads. Other than that, I have driven it 180,000 miles with no major problem due to workmanship or parts failure. This has been the best vehicle I have owned since I started driving over 25 years ago.
    Visitor, Sparrow Bush, NY, April 15, 2011 23:35
    Worst piece of junk I ever purchased! Next time I will stick with a real truck and purchase another Ford F250, they have never let me down!
    Big white, Canyon Country, CA, March 20, 2011 12:01
    I bought my truck new. At 30K, I replaced front and rear brakes . At 60K, I replaced rotors and brakes front and rear. Trans has been an issue with filter replacements. Correct factory filters are mandatory for proper cold start shifting to avoid slipping and jerking. Water pump and clutch assembly went at 75K. Noticed a vibration when accelerating two days in a row.....on the third day it blew.
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, March 08, 2011 20:04
    i bought a used dodge ram 1500 4.8 liter with 96000 miles on it. i've driven the truck for almost two months and the check engine light came on, something to do with my air intake. anyone have any suggestions?
    Visitor, Coeur D Alene, ID, March 08, 2011 14:57
    Well got this truck form a used dealer....bad idea, with papered 108,551 miles on it. later got the carfax and it was last registered at 254,998. So im assuming it has about 310,000 on it and the 10000 mark on the odom is offset so its obviously been tampered with, but thats beside the point. I havent had too many problems with this truck for how old it is and how many miles it has. I have to replace the valve guide seals and the distrubitor cap and rotor and spark plugs but other than oil changes and routine maintenance thats it. For all that have been having problems with your transmission, I have read alot and experienced alot with my truck since i bought it and found that if you turn off overdrive at all times unless on the freeway, you should not have problems with your transmission because at lower speeds your automotive computer gets confused and you may not notice but it will constantly be switching in and out of overdrive. I started doing this after a month with the truck, and havent had problems since. Oh and getting online and odering electric radiator fans for it, take the belt driven fan off and the electric ones should bracket right on the outside the rear of the radiator. This will increase your horsepower, gas mileage and it will above all make your water pump last longer!
    Visitor, New Oxford, PA, February 17, 2011 14:32
    And a bag of chips!
    Visitor, Aston, PA, February 13, 2011 06:24
    I LOVE THE TRUCK,BUT ITS BEEN BACK TWO TIMES FOR FRONT SUSPENSION,AND MY KEY GETS STUCK.
    bgreer, Tellico Plains, TN, February 03, 2011 10:24
    i love my truck, but there are somethings that i would like to make changes to. i own a 2002 1500 5.9L 4x4, and the transmission is out in it. the truck gears just started slipping one day, then the whole tranny went out. now im dealing with a shady tranny mech. this shady mech, he has told me that the truck i have had a problem where when the truck was in idle or n park, there was no tranny fluid that ran thru the transmission. that only when the truck was moving did the fluid ran thru the transmission. this is the reason the shady mech. said that i had to pay $2,300 to have it "upgraded" to fix that problem. so if anyone out the has an extra transmission im in need of it. :)
    CheesyID, Morganton, NC, February 01, 2011 20:10
     Technician
    2004 Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab SLT, white with grey interior, 4.7 and 5 speed auto, original owner, only 31,000 miles but they are hard miles pulling or hauling something every mile. I pull an enclosed trailer, a 22 foot boat and a landscape trailer with it. No problems, very quiet and comfortable, dirt cheap to run and maintain except for the gas mleage of course. I probably could have used a 2500 diesel to also properly snowplow with, but the maintenance and purchase cost was so much higher it wasn't worth it to me. It sits outside and I wash it a few times a year but always pressure wash off the underside right away after any salt. I don't recall ever waxing it. It looks new and gets COMPLIMENTS from strangers which always surprises me, it's not lifted or chromed out, it's just a clean 7 year old truck. People just seem to like them.
    crusadeRAM, Beacon Falls, CT, January 30, 2011 21:20
    Ok i bought this in the summer of 2009. i absolutely love this truck. 4.8 v-8 magnum is a mint engine. only problem i seem to be having is i have to replace the rear end. i dont understand what went wrong with it. anybody have the same problem?
    Visitor, Murrieta, CA, January 20, 2011 10:24
    I am a woman with a 2001 dodge ram.I loved the room inside the truck and we load up gear and go to the beach alot.But for the rest of the truck it was terrible. Broke a rocker arm on the head at 2700 miles was in the shop for tranny problems twice.Made the dealer pay for my rental cars and canceled my warranty with him and bought from someone elses dealer.Now I am having problems with acceleration problems.I take really good care of my trucks if you would see it,it is clean kept.But dont let it fool you it is junk.It only has 66,000 miles on it.Thats right 66,411 to be exact next car Honda.Honda is made in America Dodge is made in Mexico.Check yours out Surprise!!!!!!!
    Visitor, Bellingham, MA, January 07, 2011 14:28
    My paint is peeling all I have is 124, 000 miles I have only put on 60,000 of this. I am told I need to replace the rear end. Def not getting my moneys worth. I don't know how they manage to hold value.
    Visitor, Racine, WI, January 01, 2011 14:03
    i bought this truck used. at 25000 miles my rear end blew apart. not even 6 months later my transfer case went out. have a cracked dash in several spots, it leaks out of the grab handles electrical problems all over, wont start when its damp out and the wipers turn on whenever they want. replaced the brakes 3 times within a year around 50000. exhaust rotted out around 30000. big disapointment . i will never own another dodge as long as i live. i love my ford powerstroke but its too bad the ram sits now cause im affraid to drive it without some else going wrong. chrysler you get an "f" on this one.
    Visitor, Sherman, TX, December 18, 2010 17:47
    I will have to say that I absolutely love the Dodge sound and ride. I had an 08 1500 HEMI and traded it off for a 2010 1500 HEMI for really only 1 reason....noises on the interior more so the driver door panel. On my 08, made a popping noise and a rattle noise. Was in the shop 7 times for a total of 23 days in the last year. When they finally said enough was enough, we did everything possible, I traded it off for a 2010 exactly like it, same color, same options, etc.....GUESS WHAT???? the new truck makes the same exact noises coming from the driver door panel/window area. The center top portion of the dash rattles, front part of the door/dash area rattles. Purchased the truck last weekend, 58 miles on it, now, I am back to the same way of driving, left arm pushing against the door panel and steering with my right... Does anyone have any solutions about making the noise go away other than pull off the radiator cap and drive a GMC Sierra under it?....?
    Visitor, Enterprise, AL, December 10, 2010 21:05
    love the truck just alot of problems! now the engine is knocking whats next to go wrong!
    lilbit29842, Walhalla, SC, December 09, 2010 11:58
    Converted Ford Fan - I have owned my 1500 for just over a year & had been really pleased with it so far with the exception of I guess the MPG (but in all fairness; I do run the roads). Well last week I hit a deer on the way home EARLY in the morning; the rest of the story changed me from being really pleased to absolutely in love with the Dodge. I was on a two lane pretty straight HWY. traveling up there in speed. I knew better but when we hit I mistakenly overcorrected & ended up riding on the shoulder of the opposite side of the Hwy. I knew the area I was in would soon be littered with guardrails, drop-offs & a lake so I choose again mistakenly to soon 2 get back on the Hwy. while there was no other traffic. I was still running 50-60 MPH leading to u guessed it more overcorrecting & ultimately loosing control. I ended bouncing back & forth like a dummy about 3 times b4 God decided I wasn't catching on leading into a 180 deg. immediate turn in the Hwy. momentum caused the truck to literally slide/skid sideway off the shoulder & down a drop off but b4 I came to a stop on my top I flipped several times. I am in the business daily of Emergency Response & when I came to a stop, checked 4 my pulse lol & extricated myself from the seat; I began counting fingers & toes. I told the 911 operator & responders I was dumb founded. I was completely aware of the situation incl. the could've beens. I can still not believe how secure, strong & SAFE my Dodge had kept me. Not a sole yet that has heard the story seen the crash photo & then the shop arrival photos can believe it either. Dodge - THANK U
    Visitor, Arlington, TN, November 25, 2010 08:09
    GREAT TRUCK. ALWAYS DROVE CHEVY'S UNTIL I TRIED THE 2009 1500. I'M HOOKED.
    danthefan923daniel, Foley, AL, November 21, 2010 22:15
    Run good all exect for the problem I've just stared have about 3 weeks ago with it wanting to jump,or miss when iam in a high gear in low rpms. But I've all so have had my dodge for 5 years and have just about replaced everything except the motor and some sencors.
    Visitor, Belton, TX, November 16, 2010 11:15
    I purchased a pre-owned 95 Dodge Ext.Cab 4x4 1500 in 1998. The truck already had close to a hundred thousand miles on it. The gentlemen I purchased it from provided me with all the records for the truck when I purchased it. I have maintained the vehicle as described in the owners manual and it's performance has been outstanding. The vehicle currently has 332,000 miles on it and I still drive it today. I had a couple of problems, one problem about 5 years ago and I had to replace the transfer case and transmission, but this was due to my own carelessness. I took my boys out mudding in it and i bottomed it out in a riverbed and cracked the transfer case and transmision because I didnt reattach the skid plate after seviceing the vehicle, and the second problem was the rear axle again fault of my own, I heard the noise from the bearing but wasnt sure where it was coming from so i just blew it off and you know the rest. Other minor issue come with time in service, but heck I'm quite happy with the performance of this truck. So all you complainers' beause you have to fix a little something now and then the key word is "maintenance".
    Visitor, Minneapolis, MN, October 07, 2010 19:36
    My 97 Ram 1500 has been overall a good truck. Only issues Ive had are the front 1/2 shaft U joints keep going out and I have a dragging brake caliper. Other than that a fan clutch, O2 sensors are the only problems Ive had. After 13 Minnesota winters, the body is finally starting to rot. Overall a pretty good vehicle.
    Visitor, Fort Pierce, FL, October 06, 2010 07:26
    Dash board is brittle junk plastic, Bump Steer & Death Wobble are very hard to fix, Transmission has had issues sence it was new, The Cats fail early, Engine looses power do to spark knok & detanation, Heads crack do to cat failer, Front axle seal's fail often, & The Track Bar fails all the time. They should have done more to fix these isues that everybody that owns one is haveing, Instead they turn there cheeck & wonder why there company is strugleing & failing.
    Visitor, Houston, TX, September 15, 2010 08:08
    I dont uses it for work purposes much.... but i have drive long distances with it and has nor giving me any problems. I had drove from California all the way to Miami, Fl. Its a very good looking truck and very realiable! if you take good care of it.
    yarddog, East China, MI, September 14, 2010 07:45
    I purshased my ram brand new in 2001. it has almost 200000 miles on it now. yes i did replace the trans at about 80000. since than dodge replace that trans with a better one. I just finished haulling 75 yards of stone for brick pavers for my house, and there wasnt a load under 1500 lbs. the biggest load was 2100 lbs. i new i had to replace the ball joints thats why i waited to replace them after. i have abuse my truck, hauling stuff, going up north, 4x4. It is a 4x4 package with a 360 engine. she is still running like a champ. (knock on wood) change oil every 3000 miles. 2 places on it has rust not bad for living in michigan. I understand the new rams are alot better. my 15 year old is going to have my ram and i am going for a new one. yes it will have a hemi.
    Visitor, Factoryville, PA, September 12, 2010 12:25
    Love the truck, but now i ran into oil pressure problems and from I read online. It wont be an easy fix.
    Visitor, Salmon, ID, August 23, 2010 07:18
    Absolutely great truck, one exception. Rain, car wash water runs down pillar on drivers side of the dash. Have had it "fixed" at the dealer 4 times, but still occurs. What bothers me is, water equals rust, and I don't know where this water ends up and I don't know if it's getting into any electric or sensors?
    Visitor, Adamsville, PA, August 15, 2010 15:44
    I would have to say Dodge vehicles are not in my future ever again. I had bought this truck brand new and the first two years of ownership it was in the shop more than I drove it. Furthermore since 2003 it only gets about 3000 miles per year and now it is really starting to fall apart. Transmission, ball joints, body rust, A/C dont work(4yrs), Dash is gone, Master Cylinder. I have always babied my trucks and it does not seem to matter with this one. It only has 88000 miles to boot. I am picking up my new F350 this week so this one is up for sale to another individual with a lot more time to work on a truck than me.
    Visitor, Newberry, SC, August 15, 2010 13:48
    Bought my 2001 Dodge Quad cab 4 X 4 with 60,000 miles on it in 2007, Since then the dash has cracked in numerous places, most of the door speakers dry rotted, a retaining clip failed in the trac loc system. After I payed the bill of $1300.00 the service manager let's me know that in would be cost prohibitive to do the rear end repair at the service center, because the trac lock clip had broken in some strange way that it ate out the wall of the housing that encases. He did quote me a $1000.00 repair for the upper and lower ball joints that cracked at 80,000 miles. Dodge has lost my service work. This union carpenter who always buys American may just look for a reliable Toyota if Dodge can't get it together.
    Visitor, Poteau, OK, August 08, 2010 19:46
    replaced engine at 89000 miles and now the thing won't start without jumping out the relay because it won't register park or neutral never buy another dodge period chrysler should have went under for good selling this crap
    Visitor, Corning, NY, August 02, 2010 16:55
    had vehicle over a year. its got a hemi. 50,000 miles. i am the second owner. My check engine light keeps coming on and keeps coming evap emission. i have replaced the gas cap all the lines, and evap purge sylinoid. If anyone has another idea please let me know. other then this excellent truck. I do normal oil change, and recently replaced plugs, wires and air filter. At 48000 miles i had to replace the driver side wheel bearing which is not a fun job.
    Visitor, Pine Bush, NY, August 01, 2010 18:27
    Two things that went bad. Otherwise, it is an excellent truck. Bought new in 2005. Had egr valve go on me after 66,000 miles. In the dead of winter! Called dealer up and he said if we have in stock it's a common problem? Nice. Anyway, the seats tear apart to easy on the seams. Two minor flaws.
    richard ney 2010, Lanse, MI, July 31, 2010 19:08
    I bought my 2001 ram used about three months ago ,yes i put a new transmission in it , but the motor has 230,000 miles on it and still runs like a champ . The dash is not cracked and i have nt had any problems with the brakes . I beat the crap outa my truck and it stll wants more . BUY AMERICAN!!!!!!!
    Visitor, Philadelphia, PA, July 31, 2010 15:40
    show me how to install a 1994 dodge pick-up truck wheel bushing
    Visitor, Everett, WA, July 29, 2010 22:37
    This is my first car, i bought it off of its original owners, with 93K on it, it is 3 years latter and now has 117000 miles, and the AC is out, the paint on the canape is peeling, my breaks have blown, it has had a coolant and oil leak...and the steering is off by about 3-5 degrees. but! it has never left me stranded, even when my back brakes blew a leak and emptied my break fluid i could still stop it, it would run cool with out coolant. in short it has done every thing i have asked it to with out hesitation. and the response from the pedals is amazing. its only 2WD but i have passed up people stuck in snow and ice in newer 4WD rams. I LOVE this truck, and i would not trade it for the world
    Visitor, Middletown, OH, July 28, 2010 09:35
    Only have 76,000 miles on this 13 year old truck Have replaced the brakes and the shocks only once but now the master brakes cylinder is going out. had to repair the air conditioning system but other than daily wear and tear this has been a very good truck.
    Visitor, South Milwaukee, WI, July 21, 2010 19:35
    Right now at 157,000 miles...never had it to a dealer yet. I have 4.7L, average 18 mpg in summer, 15 in winter, Occasionallly, I tow a boat and pop-up. Smooth and tight on the highway. Terrific throaty exhaust. It's been through 3 teenage daughter drivers, and still a good daily driver. My first "new" truck and I love it.
    Visitor, Ridgecrest, CA, July 13, 2010 14:40
    not exactly perfect but its a good american car. i just have a question and was wondering if anyone knows how to install the rear main seals on the truck. i was told i had to drop my trany which im not to sure i have to go to that extreme. also my rear axle seal is broke. but i have that under control. please any inputs on the rear main seal.
    Visitor, Wingo, KY, July 13, 2010 14:20
    My papaw got this truck for me and we only had 1 tranny problem bad gear, my floor leaks and i dont like that but besides that runs like a charm oh the paint sucks though.
    Visitor, Lafayette, NJ, July 09, 2010 17:59
    I agree with that other guy. I too shopped around and i found the new Ram to be the best total package. The new Hemi has got awsome power with ok fuel milage. I never drove anything like it on the highway,also the quitest,smoothest truck I've ever drove.. Well done Dodge...
    Visitor, Fairburn, GA, July 09, 2010 17:17
    this is my first dodge product an i absolutely love it!
    ronrottler, Jackson, MI, July 06, 2010 09:41
    after replacing the original tranny after 40,000 miles and a new engine after 128,000 its been a pretty good truck after 14 yrs, but i don't think i would buy another as i hear dodge seems to continue to have tranny problems. btw, the tranny i replaced now has a leak.
    Buzbo, Oklahoma City, OK, July 02, 2010 13:18
    My truck has about 105,000 miles on it and I am the second owner. Up until now I have had normal wear and tear like the water pump; no big deal. Now I started having trouble with the A/C on the passenger side barely blowing air. Now it is both sides. It sounds like the fan motor is really blowing like it should but not much air getting through. I like the little 4.7L V-8 but I don't like the dealers explanation for the white goo that builds up on the oil filler cap and inside the filler tube. i haven't looked real hard but you know it has to be inside the block and in the pan. I guess I will hold my final judgment after I have had it a while longer.
    Visitor, Paxton, IL, June 21, 2010 06:04
    Had a strange front end noise at 25k miles. Under warranty the struts were replaced, noise gone. Awesome truck. Hemi Power!!!!
    Visitor, Bogart, GA, June 10, 2010 06:31
    My 1994 Dodge 1500 4x4 has been an incredible truck. I bought my truck five years ago, when i got it, it only had 189,000 miles on it and now its got 312,000 miles on. Ive never had the notorious transmission problems ive also got the 5.9 V8 in my truck, but now im looking at a 2500 Cummins 5.9 i cant wait to get it
    Visitor, Breese, IL, June 08, 2010 20:35
    brakes rotors must be changed every 20 to 30k - they warp and hop grab handle assemblies break (both sides), this can cause serious injury or death. depeding on the fall the consumer takes when it happens.Dash plastics crack
    Visitor, Wichita, KS, May 30, 2010 20:21
    This is my third Dodge I have owned it since July of 08 with 75,000 on it it now has 132,000. Had the typical intake manifold leak and needed a tune-up when I bought it but other then that no problems since then I had to replace the EGR valve and fuel pump and thats it. I had a 97 1500 that had 245,000 on it when I got rid of it and had one break down in the 200,000 miles that I drove it at 225,000 and it was the transmission. The thing is Dodge has gotten a bad rap for their transmission but if you will read the owners manuels it tells you how to take care of them which no one does. They are supposed to have the fluid changed ever 30,000 notice I said changed not flushed and the bands tightened when you change the fluid I have done this with all my trucks and have not had any problems.
    Dodgeman22years, Oak Lawn, IL, May 26, 2010 16:21
    Dodge Ram 1500 came a long way from its sister trucks from the 80's and 90's yes they have problems and yes it cost to get it fixed. my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 has 675,000 miles on it, the only trouble I have had is brakes steering water pump tires I drive a average of 780 aday in my truck and I love it
    Visitor, Newbury, MA, May 25, 2010 14:51
    While the performance of this 1500 RAM Hemi 4wd truck is great, the reliability is very disappointing. Only the 1st 20K miles were trouble free. Since then there has always been a problem w/ the truck. At 20K miles the rear end was replaced & was problematic until it was again replaced at 60K miles. Front ball joints were bad at 65K, Drive shaft u-joints at 75K. The EGR valve has been replaced & the Engine management computer reprogrammed, yet engine codes still complain of a faulty EGR valve. Now at 88K miles it needs 4 wheel bearings. This truck is a daily driver, tows & hauls very little. At this point in the game Chrysler should be making reliable trucks. It appears that much of the hardware is under engineered and not up to the task...So much for RAM tough.
    Visitor, Palmdale, CA, May 23, 2010 15:46
    At under 70.000 miles The truck needed a new rear end replaced, a new radiator, new rack n pin, the electric panel on the drivers side door went bad , leaks transmission fluid at the pan after having it serviced at a dodge dealer. coolent resevoir had to be relaced becaue the original couldn't handle the overflow. some thing went screwy with the gas tank vent tubes , could'nt put more than a gallon of gas in it at a time..........Damm what a piece of junk....good going american auto workers......
    Visitor, Rogers, AR, May 23, 2010 14:18
    Ok I have a 1997 Dodge ram 1500 Magnum and I was driving and the power steering stopped working... So I was freaking out, and stopped at a gas station and there was steam rising up from the hood so naturally I opened it and it was on fire... Thanks dodge but I soon found out the promblem it was the water pump and right now im trying to get the water pump off the dang fan.
    Visitor, El Cajon, CA, May 14, 2010 23:04
    amazing truck!! i have had this truck for 6 years. its a 2004 1500 didg ram. the only problem is the left lamp always goes out
  • 2000 Dodge Ram 1500
    glowery, Houston, TX, May 11, 2010 08:57
    I bought my 2000 Ram with 150,000 miles, and now it has about 235,000. I perform regular maintenance every 3,000 miles, and I am happy with the truck. I is a club cab, and it looks good and runs great. The major problem right now is the a/c, but I will fix it myself shortly, since it is getting close to summer. It is time for another brake job now, and I will need a water pump before long. I try to fix it BEFORE it breaks, once it starts showing wear. I would love to have a new four door Ram, but I'm just not willing to have another monthly note for it.
    Visitor, Lake Havasu City, AZ, April 30, 2010 18:45
    I have a 09 ram laramie loaded with all options but ram box....installed a Flowmaster muffler,This truck is awsome AND LARRYMAN you should of got a laramie if you wanted more backseat room,they dont get any bigger than that yet,and no other truck makes as much rear room as the laramie version.i dont have a sunroof ,i opted for the video ent. sys. and i have the tow package also...52,000 dollars paid 31,000 for it @ 485 dollars a month beat that deal...lol its deepwater blue with light brown trim and grey leather...THE NEW DODGE RAM IS THE BADDEST TRUCK EVER DESIGHNED TO DATE...AND THE BADDEST TRUCK IN POWER...THE NEW CHEVY BOAST 409.HP..LMAO...MY BUDDIE DYNO HIS AND IT RATED 315 HP @ THE MOTOR,NOT THE WHEELS MINE WAS 416 HP WITH A FLOWMASTER AND A K&N filter....SO I WOULD SAY THE 390 HP WAS TRUE FROM DODGE ....SEE YA IN MY REVIEW MIRROR CHEVY AND FORD...SUCKAS
    teninpole, Altadena, CA, April 28, 2010 11:44
    my truck needs body work and suspendtion work and brake and a catalik converter
    Visitor, Sedona, AZ, April 21, 2010 10:08
    I own a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 with a V6 and automatic trans that I purchased new. This is your basic truck (I believe is called a work special or now I think that they call it WT). It's 2 wheel drive. Overall this is the best truck that I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot of trucks. Its relatively quiet at hwy. speeds and the seat is pretty comfortable on a long trip. Gets 20 mpg/hwy. Don't recommend this truck for someone that needs pull a trailer, as it doesn't have the power of a V8 or diesel. It now has 106000 miles on the odometer. The only 2 significant problems I had were a leaking steering box (seal). Tried replacing twice, still leaked, so replaced the steering box ($400). The other is a common problem with this engine. The timing chain can stretch and the gears will of course show significant wear as well. The good news is that I got 105000 miles out of that chain. The symptom is a rattling noise that is heard at the front of the engine when it is idling. You definitely want to replace this if you have this problem; if it breaks you could ruin the engine and that would be very expensive to fix. Timing chain and gear replacement cost me $700. Note: both repairs were done at an independent shop and not a dealer. Other than that it has just been routine maintenace.
    Visitor, North Augusta, SC, April 20, 2010 13:54
    i bought new. I now have 150,000 miles.he dash cracked after about 45,000 miles for no apparent reason.The tires had to be replaced at 40,000 miles because of sever cupping the tires were rotated as recommended. I have transmission issue right now
    larrymartin, Arlington, TX, April 17, 2010 05:15
    My experience with this vehicle is great. Dodge makes a good truck. Downsides are a small backseat area compared to a F150. second is a huge exhaust restriction which has to be stealing horsepower
    Visitor, Arlington, TX, April 16, 2010 21:09
    I bought a 2010 Dodge Ram Quad Cab it is a great truck. It has style as well as power. I got a great price and I kept my 2004 Ram at trade-in. It has 120,000 miles on it and I still love it. Thanks Dodge
    Visitor, Elkton, MD, April 05, 2010 15:31
    I have an 05 Ram Quad Cab 4x4 with 67,300 miles on it I bought new. Truck runs great the Hemi has plenty of power, pulls my car trailer with no problem. I replaced the factory brakes front and rear at 59,000 because they were almost completely worn out. I have kept up with the factroy/dealer recommended maintenance schedule. The few problems I have had are minor. Around 10,000 went back to dealer to replace right tail light and circuit board, 40,000 I had to replace the crankshaft positioning sensor and I recently replaced the left front axle shaft. Although with regard to the axle shaft the damage may have been caused by me tring to climb over some large snow piles. My only areas of disappointment are the seat covers front driver seat cover has a hole worn in it, the paint is way to thin seems like I can sneeze on it and the truck has a new scratch, and the radio just took a dirt nap. Over all I still love my truck an wouldn't give it up, and just so everyone knows I dont baby it I beat the wheels of it.
    Visitor, Shelton, CT, April 04, 2010 07:07
    I have never enjoyed a truck more in my life than my white 2009 Dodge Ram! I have had it for about 6 months and everytime I get into it, it still feels brand NEW!
    cigman, Rowlett, TX, March 16, 2010 19:55
    3rd Ram love it more than the last. Haul a 6500Lb RV, haul lumber, or whatever I want. This 08 is tough, good looking and like the previous 2, trouble free. Just maintain them like anything and I never have problems. My friend cusses his Tundra after several major issue such as broken driveshaft, tailgait that bends etc etc, not on this Ram though. Love it.
    janmorrison, Kennesaw, GA, February 16, 2010 13:53
    luv my truck had it 9years and 185,000+miles it is so comfotable for a truck and rides like a heavy luxury car... but I have a knock and ping issue since 95,000miles... can only put in high test gas...killer on $$$, its like not all horses are firing together if I use any les than 92octane...have added booster to gas tank etc... it must be something in the throttle assembly or the computer or what!!!??? also how do i get the overhead console read out unitto work again is it a fuse issue or does it need to be reset by a computer I miss the info on temp/gas/mileageinfo...Thanks
    UnKnown Name, Peoria, IL, January 14, 2010 16:49
    This truck I use for towing. It is a great reliable truck.
    CABINETWORX, Dacula, GA, January 11, 2010 04:54
    Excellent truck! Transmission has been the only negative with 180 K miles & counting.
    James456, San Antonio, TX, January 09, 2010 21:14
    This truck i use for drywalling and painting in the construction industry. I put these types of truck to work and I have been happy to own a dodge ram 1500. A good work truck the secret to keepin it running with excellent power and strength it gettin an oil change every 3 months even if it does not have the 3,000 miles on it just change the oil every 3 months. I love my dodge ram 1500 2007 very satisfied. great work truck and luxury vehicle.
    Lakelandracer, Winthrop Harbor, IL, December 24, 2009 20:08
    I like My ram, It has great Power, Its comfortable, and lots of room. Sounds great with stock exhaust. I have the Hemi. The problem I have is that the Catalac converters went out, along with the starter, window switch holder on driver side door broken again, Power steering lines broken ( Both of them), Can't forget about the wipers do what they want when you turn them on. All that on a truck that just hit 52000 miles. I bought it with 35000 on her in FEB. Maybe I bought a lemon, Some of my friends have the same truck with no problems. Luck of the draw i guess. You could roll the dice and come up snake eyes or get lucky and get a 7. I wouldn't buy another one again unless its brand new and has a warranty. And once that warranty is up I would dump it.
    twisted1, Oak Grove, KY, December 11, 2009 23:46
    I love the look and sound of a (good running) Ram. But after having this truck for 5 months and having to change out the transmission twice already, and the problems with my wife's PT Cruiser, I will never shop Chrysler again. I wanted a "good hard worki9ng american truck", but got a POS instead. "Disappointment" is a mild word for the way I feel about it.
    kentexian_2000, Pasadena, TX, November 13, 2009 12:00
    I've had my 2004 Dodge Ram SLT Quad Cab for about 5 1/2 years now, and it only has 37000 miles on it. Since I purchased the truck there has been a knocking/banging noise under the hood somewhere that neither I nor the dealer could ever find. Everytime I hit a bump, it bangs loudly... sounds like hard plastic hitting something else. Also, I had my power seat replaced before the truck was even a year old because everytime I stopped or took off, it moved (slack). Still did it with the new seat so I gave up. Now, the real problem.... With ONLY 37000 miles on the truck, the front suspension sounds like a 1954 Chevrolet station wagon that never saw a grease gun. I bought grease and crawled up under the truck only to find two more problems........ NO grease fittings, hence no way to maintain your suspension without shelling out big dollars to the dealership, and also - all of the rubber sleeves/bushings are collapsed and torn open. It literally looks like they were never greased before it even left the factory (though I know they had to have been). So now, I cannot grease my front suspension at all due to torn bushings, and NO grease fittings. What a stupid thing it is, not to make it possible to do simple maintenance on your vehicle! I love my Dodge truck, I really do... but I'll never buy another one. Too many (mostly) small irritating problems with the truck. Oh, and another thing. The paint is so thin that any time you lean against the truck to get anything out of the bed, you leave scratches on the bed. On my bright red one anyway. And boy do they show up.
    lookin4atoyota, Baytown, TX, September 09, 2009 11:52
    Bought this new in WV & used it all through those mountains & coal mines. Brought it here to TX & now looking for a Toyota. Had too many trans problems, brake problems, dash cracking, rear end replacements, & the list goes on. Constant brake problems. Am a true American, but for my hard earned American George Washingtons, I will have to say the foreigners have a heads up on durability. Like any worker of today, my truck has been used, but not abused. Parts are expensive even if you do your own repairs.
    VERSA, San Mateo, CA, September 02, 2009 10:27
    Literally live in my truck. 6 months old and drives like a dream. Long fwy drives clocks at 1275 rpm doing 68 mph. Get average 21 - 22 miles a gallon on this MDI engine. GPS with Sirius works gr8. re-directs during any traffic probs. Awesome truck.
    nanalehew, Maypearl, TX, August 18, 2009 20:19
    I bought this truck off the showroom floor in 1998. It now has 325,000 miles. Mostly highway miles. Oil/filter change every 3,000 miles and all regular maintenance done since purchased and have all the paperwork to prove it. Other than 5 sets of new tires, this truck is still on all of its original equipment other than water pump, serpentine/timing chain, 2 new batteries, alternator, one new brake job in 2004. This was my 2nd Dodge Ram truck. Had new 1994 that I traded for this one in 1998. I have never been so pleased with a vehicle as this one. It has given me 16-17 mpg since day one. I know all Ram trucks haven't done as well as this one. Guess I just got lucky but I do know that being picky and regular about its maintenance has made a difference.
    EXPYCRAZY, Lake Wales, FL, July 06, 2009 20:58
    This 2006 of mine is my 6th Ram since the body change in 1994. My 1994 was a total lemon with the transmission failing 9 times in the first 12 months, Chrysler ended up buying it back under the Florida lemon law.... I waiting a few years before returning to Dodge but I did return..... I've had a 1994, 1997, 1999, 2002, 2004, 2006 and I'm currently working with my local dealer on buying a 2009. I can't fairly rate the 2006 as I only have 11,000 miles on mine at three years old... I have several vehicles so I drive something different all the time... None of my vehicles get many miles put on them. I will say I am pleased with the truck... No problems at all and it did do remarkably well pulling a 4000 lb trailer with a new 2008 Ford Expedition on it from Pennsylvania to Florida . If I calculated correctly I pulled around 9000 lbs and the truck never once whimpered lol Overall I'm pleased with this 2006 although I really don't drive it much.....
    HemiChris, Beverly Hills, CA, July 03, 2009 02:53
    nice finishings on the laramie edition, beats chevy
    bossss, Carrier Mills, IL, April 09, 2009 10:51
    I enjoy this truck very much.It rides good and plenty of power.
    AdjusterMom, Rockledge, FL, April 08, 2009 22:23
    Sold my Ford F-150 King Ranch b/c of high mileage, and bought this new 9 months ago and have put 28,000 miles on it. Losing all those luxuries from the King Ranch took some getting used to (my Dodge is not loaded), but after adding cab lights and chrome running boards, I love the look and feel of my big black truck! And not a single problem so far. Hopefully the transmission problem in earlier posts have been corrected in the newer models.
    bubba mike, Walhalla, SC, March 24, 2009 12:11
    I BOUGHT TRUCK NEW TRANMISSION HAS WENT OUT TWICE IDLE SENSOR WENT OUT 3 TIMES WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER DODGE
    jeepman, Oak Harbor, OH, March 19, 2009 04:37
    At 87,000 miles the transmission is failing, the break lines have rusted out and all had to be replaced, the spare tire is smaller in diameter then the rest of the tires, the air conditioning system leaks, the water pump started leaking at 30,000 miles and had to be replaced, the Chinese made break rotors have been replaced 3 times the pads once, the exhaust manifold bolts are rusted so badly the can not be easily removed, the tires had to be replaced at 40,000 miles because of sever cupping the tires were rotated as recommended by the manufacturer, however I still have the original battery and it still works fine and has been professionally tested an found to be OK. I purchased new in June of 2001. The engine runs well. There is no rust on the body.
    ambonito, Brunswick, GA, February 15, 2009 19:46
    Right after I bought this new the computer module went out and it took alomst a week to get replaced because it was a new model. I have not had a problem since and it is now 7 years since I bought it. It gets great mileage for a full size truck with 14-15 in town and 20-22 on the road at 60+ mph. It now has almost 100K and runds great.
    Jh1, Philadelphia, PA, February 13, 2009 13:31
    I bought my Dodge ram w/ 135,000 and the trans soon went after that, then again at 195,000. Also had a problem with the Harmonic balancer the rubber went on it and caused the balancer to rub a hole in the timing chain cover. This gave me a excuse to install a new timing chain, motor is the 5.9 and have no complanits there still running strong and thats with pulling a 300 lb trailer daily for three years straight
    COMMANDER, Mckinney, TX, December 25, 2008 16:06
    I've been driving Dodge trucks since 1985. This is my second one, bought new. I now have 150,000 miles and I'm on my second automatic transmission. The first one went out at approx. 120,000 miles. Since then, I've spoken with others and there is definitely a Dodge truck transmission problem. The other complaints I have are the paint finishes and the interior dash. The finish on the hood and roof is almost non-existent. The dash cracked after about 20,000 miles for no apparent reason. It's now in various pieces. Other than those problems, everything else has has held up pretty well, but I don't think I'll buy another. Looking seriously at Toyota.
    rbest4952, Wethersfield, CT, December 20, 2008 22:18
    I bought this from a co-worker a year ago. It’s a 4x4 340 engine. It had 219k miles when I got it. It now has 223k. I had one minor problem, a break line go. He changed the oil every 2500-3000 mi. I am doing the same. It has been a great truck. When it dies and I need a new truck it will be a Dodge Ram 1500.
    mpnmom, Tacoma, WA, October 15, 2008 16:47
    Had to replace the 4.7 engine after 120K - not a good engine if you do much heavy hauling or towing.
    Tena, Olympia, WA, September 16, 2008 17:21
    I love my truck, transmission issue right now and some sort of other issue but still looking into it .