Dodge Ram 1500 Reviews

Dodge Ram 1500 Reviews and Owner Comments

my 2010 ram is a junker! i bought it new and i hoped it would last. well it uses 2 quarts of oil every 3500 miles since new!dealer said thats normal . lmao! tie rods were replaced at 20000 miles for recall. at 30000 one broke.i used aftermarket replacements the second time and no problem.the front seat fell apart in 50000 miles.the two electric motors that control the blend doors went out so i replaced them to.all out of pocket. my front and rear bumper are super rusty!!!!! the oil pan is just about rusted out!body is rusting and my water pump went out today @ 84000 miles. what a total piece of shit!!!!!!! i will never buy a dodge again ever!! don't buy one!
I have a 2002 dodge ram 4.7 4x4 , went to drive it home , had no power RPM went up to 5000 reved high then truck shut down , was able to tow home , but got home and can't move motor I think it's seized or transmission its gone ? Anyone know ?
i love this truck
I've had mine since new. My first Ram. Before this one was F250's only. I have 187000 miles on it with no drive train or other issues at all. Parts I've replaced: Brakes, U-joints, Updated K&N cold air system, updated exhaust system, 2" front end lift and front wheel bearings. Not bad for 10 years of driving.
I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 four door. I love the truck only problems I have are the doors catch wind and pull the tuck left or right. The lights seem to dim when I push on the brake to slow down at night. I have owned a Ford before my Dodge and I will say never will I own another Ford.
I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 and im Happy with my 4.7L 300HP. Has Intake, Chip & exhaust and gets 25 MPG.. Tows my 20' Boat with no problem, I Love my Truck!
Have a 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 4WD with the Cummins. GREAT!!! Blows away any Chevy on the road. Put a programmer in it and getting 22 mpg empty and 15 towing a 14k horse trailer with a living quarters. The only problem is it is such a great truck, I have no intentions of buying another truck.
Bought my 03 Ram 1500 SLT quadcab used in 2006. It had 60,500 miles exactly. Ive owned the truck for 8 years and it never left me sit anywhere. I keep the oil changes every 5000 miles. All I've done is replace the heater core, radiator, water pump, fan clutch, and one wheel hub assembly. All that except the heater core was just this past year. I just replaced the factory battery as well. The truck now has 210,000 miles on her and my vacuum booster for the brakes went out. I've done more to a lot of vehicles with much less mileage.
I bought a used 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 4 x4 with 11300 miles on it for $4000. After purchasing it I immediately took it to get the fluid changes done. I noticed the sticker above the drivers side window said next service due at 11200 miles. After having the oil changed, I was surprised to hear from the mechanic that the oil was still pretty decent but, I insisted on the change anyways and all of the fluids including the transmission, and gear boxes were in great order. He inspected the truck front to back making sure all the lights worked. No oil or water leaks anywhere insight.Looking underneath the truck, he even went as far as to say the truck probably has never even been off road. The truck was deemed flawless except for the usual clear coat flaking on the hood, front and front fenders, and the usual carless door dings 3 to be exact, the truck is a dream. I bought it so I can tow boats. It has a lift kit, an awesome tow package, giant off road tires, with a beefy exhaust system. I do however notice, a little play in the steering. Should be an easy fix. It certainly rides like a monster truck. A big difference sitting so high above the ground as compared to driving around town in my 1984 Corvette. or my wifes 2014 Rav 4.
Three years ago I purchased my first Dodge product, a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 360. It already had 150,000 one it and quite a bit of rust but still ran smooth. Over the past 3 years I have had no issues with the truck other than replacing power steering hose, egr valve, and broken gas straps. This truck has been the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned and I intend to keep it until its dying day which I hope is many years down the road, but when that day does come I will certainly only be in the market to buy another Dodge Ram!
I have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 crew cab 4/2 big horn... Problem is front end hear a clunking sound when turning steering wheel left and right... took to dealer all thay told me is EVERY THING IS TIGHT.. I no something is wrong... could it be in the rack.
I have owned my dodge 1500 for over a year now. I bought it with 110,000 miles on it and it now has 156,000. The transmission had failed me but that was a known problem when I bought it. Since the rebuild it has been a strong reliable truck. It towed 1,000 lbs. of tools and my 1982 corvette from Minnesota down to Arizona no problem. The most frustrating problem is the plastic. Dash is cracked and the cup holders never worked all of the exterior plastic is faded badly. I can find a cup holder or dash that isn’t broken anywhere unless I buy new. All in all the truck is solid and for the price verses dependability it blows ford and Chevy out of the water. By the way I love having a full steal bed and body none of that fiberglass crap.
I bought my RAM 1500 4x4 Quad Cab with a 5.7 liter hemi new in August 2007. It now has approx. 172,000 miles. Obviously I put on a lot of freeway miles on it but I also towed a fair amount with a 4,500 lbs travel trailer along with some lighter towing of snow mobiles and boats. This is what I have replaced in the time I have owned: 2 sets of brakes, 1 wheel bearing, tie rod ends, 1 exhaust manifold, one EGR wiring harness, 1 transfer case casing, 1 set of spark plugs. The exhaust manifold and the transfer case Dodge replaced under my lifetime powertrain warranty. Not bad for the number of miles. Overall its been a great vehicle and it does awesome in the snow which I drive in quite a bit. My minor quibbles are MPG, ride quality and the lower grade interior bits. The Hemi has multi-displacement and was rated at 14 City and 18 Highway. You can only achieve 18 MPG if you drive a steady 60 on flat ground. I usually get something closer to 16 MPG. The city is even worse as I usually get 11-12 MPG around town. The interior at the time was far behind Ford and Chevy and includes a lot of hard plastics and foam so stiff on the seats its like sitting on a park bench. I am a average height/weight guy and the side bolsters seem to be made with bigger people in mind as they don't touch me on either side. Brake feel is a bit spongy, I have considered changing the stock rubber hoses over to braded ones but I guess it hasn't bothered me enough to spend the time or money. After 172K it still burns no oil and pulls like a locomotive. I would buy another if I could go back in time as its been a great truck that will be difficult for me to part with.
I have an 2005 Ram 1500 w/ the Hemi. I live in SD. I bought it used have had it for 2 years has about 130,000 miles on it. After I bought it of course, the check engine light came on and I hear this clicking noise on the passenger side in the engine and it loses power. Can ANYONE OUT THERE give me an idea as to what this is? I am still driving it this way cause it's the only vehicle I have. I could use some advice. Thanks!
I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 about a year ago my electrical system shorted out.It turns out that the fuse box a hole in the top cover about the size of a quarter. I took it to a dodge dealer and they claimed that this was the first time that they had ever seen this and could not tell me how this could happen. Well yesterday I noticed that it happened again. the plastic appears to have "melted". This was a very costly repair. This truck has 65000 mi and is garaged when not in use. Has anyone experienced this and if so do you know what is the cause?
I have had my Dodge now for three years now. I have the oil changed every 3000 miles like clock work. I change the spark plugs every 30,000 like the owners book says to. This 2004 truck has been really great until now. I now have 122,000 miles on the truck and for some reason I'm getting a multiple misfire on 1 2 3 and 4 cylinders. I replaced the crank position sensor, put new plugs wires and coils on the truck and still have the same problem. Any help on this problem would be great.
I have a green machine 2001 dodge ram 1500 laramie slt 4x4 5.2ltr. I bought this pick up with 13 miles on it. At the moment there's 200,880 miles on it. I do the normal 5,000 mile oil change & other routine maint. & yes as the other reviews my dash has cracked & my A/C clutch siezed around 160,000 & I had my tranny rebuilt @ 188,000 & ny rear end went out when I was on the highway bout 170,000 miles. But its not likt I don't use my pick up. After all it's a pick up I couldn't start to tell u how many days I've gone without hauling something or pulling a trailer with either a couple tons of hay or a couple tons of fire wood or logs. But i'd have to tell u the most memorable 1about 8 years ago is the 9 tons of sod I hauled. Yes I probably didn't help my rear end or tranny but I had 3 tons in the bed & 6 tons on a trailer. I was pleased with my pick up. since I've bought the pick up I've replaced the brake pads twice about to do the rotors & pads again. Added a 45 gal gas tank so now I can put 71 gals in her & the only thing extra I'm going to do is switch out the rear leaf springs with some heavy duty 2300lbs ea. Spring. & if u ask me if I'm gonna buy a new pick up... I'll simply reply NO... this one isn't even broken in yet. Great job on this one dodge. You dun good!!!
I did have a 2007 4.7L Dodge ram 1500. Ok where do I start I will try and make a long story short. The suspension is terrible, after the 100,000 mile mark everything began to go wrong. I had to replace the radiator twice, the heater core went out and I heard this was a major problem in all dodge rams. The right side head went out, then the left side head went out. I guess if you have the time to deal with these problems this will be an ok truck but for me I need something dependable and this truck was not.
I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 5.2 V8 SLT 5 speed with 141,000 miles. I bought it with 110,000 miles. Tows great on a regular basis. Within the past two years I have replaced: Water pump, tensioner pulley, thermostat twice (due to the first thermostat being faulty itself), lower ball joints, drivers side window motor, radiator, upper and lower hoses, tps sensor, ivac sensor, u joints, two new rear tires (I still need to purchase two new front tires), new brake pads and roters. My Ram is reliable (even though it has had a lot of repairs). It does have the dodge cracked dashboard, I bought a cover so it no longer looks cracked. The Ram is a great truck. No major problems if you keep with with routine repairs, especially if you choose the standard transmission. To those who complain about the ram transmissions going out/cracked dashboards: this is a known issue with this generation of Dodge Rams. If you bought a used Ram and the automatic transmission goes out, I do not pity you. Especially if the truck is 5+ years old. Every vehicle has its niche about whats bad with it. Choose a standard transmission and you wont ever have an issue. And regarding the cracked dash: yes it sucks, but its not a major deal...especially when you can buy a dash cover online for pretty cheap. Used trucks are used. you must keep up on repairs if you desire to have a good vehicle
there is a leakage between engine and gear box and the jack when the speed meter is getting 100km per hour.I wanted to know the cause of the problem.
Love how it looks and drives butttttt only had it a week and iv bought 2 tires (controll arm broke and rubbed a deep grove in the tire)fixed it and now its sitting in the side of the rd axting like it cant get gas and my dad is getting it back here to look at it any thoughts of what it could be let me know oh did i mention it is turkey day and it broke down on me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
original owner of ram 2004 4.7 quad cab truck has been very dependable 142,000 mi the major disapopointment has been the rusting out around wheel wells on rear this problem started when truck was only 6 yrs old brought it to dealers attn. and was told they would not do anything about it.we live in northeast and truck was always washed in winter to get rid of salt build up.the seal between double layer truck wall was not a solid welded seal but tack welded so moisture could get between walls.never will I buy another dodge because of this problem and lack of action by dodge will drive me back to nissan
I will never bye another dodge product , my dash has cracked and crumbled. the air condition has give me trouble since I have owned this truck, 2001 dodge ram 1500 4x4 Laramie I have owned other dodge products before no more.
this is the 8th consecutive new Dodge truck I have purchased and worn out. I currently have 185K on her and she is using 1/2 qt of oil every 1200 miles. There are only 2 problems I have ever had - one is the Rt brake light, which shorts out when ever it rains causing a burned out bulb indicator, I have not been able to find the short anywhere. The second is when it has set for 24 hours or more, when you first put it in gear, it is as if the Trani has no fluid, the engine revs but it does not move. Dealership said it was a missing/defective back-flow preventer that was allowing trani fluid to drain over time and it takes 15 seconds to circulate the fluids. The recorded it and said if it became a problem, they would warranty it whenever I could not deal with the down time back then and skipped the service, here I am 185,200 miles later and never looked back
I bought my 2004 4.7 ram brand new and gas was over 1.00 a gallon and I loved it,,,it now has 92000 miles,,,3 water pumps so far terrible gas mileage since gas is almost 3.50 gallon I use sythenic oil in the truck,,, I have come to realize that the 4.7 liter engine is the worst engine dodge has made,,truck is pd for and could not get nothing for it,,,,,
I bought my Dodge in 2004, with 50k miles around 100k body rust galore the typical doors and wheel wells, cab corners, been through 3 water pumps, tranny been slipping since 90k, replaced front axle seals at 110k, brake lines corroded in half along frame, check engine for evap code lead to a crack around gas fill neck, 02 sensors constantly, heater core just went at 160k but still running strong, love to buy new, but rebuilding my 2001 RAM
I bought my 1999 Ram 5.9 used with 30K on it. It now has 146+K on it and I have had no real problems. I replaced the radiator, and the freeze plugs all around. I am now having a problem with a vibration coming from the engine. It is no missing or any or the injectors. I have removed the serpentine belt and started the engine and the vibration is still there. I believe it is the harmonic balance wheel on the front of the crankshaft. What should it cost to have this repaired. I need to know to decide if I want to keep the truck or not. Jim
the dodge that i own now has been in my family since i was little my father bought it for 5000 from a used dealership in 1999 with about 45000 miles and i have owned it for the last 2 years and it currently has 250000 miles on it the only problems that it ever had was a worn out fuel pump and a broken oil seal that leaks almost a whole quart a week and as a 18 year old i run it hard and go mudding so to all of you who complain over these big things like trannys you need to look back at old owners or even yourselfs because these things are caused by you overlooking small details that dont cost much to fix before it causes a huge problem Dodge will always be the truck for me
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 L. SLT. Im the 2nd owner bought it with 37, 000 miles on it. Can say enough about this truck its been very good to me. I now have 246, 878 miles on her. I change the oil every 6, 000 miles andbuse only the best oil every$10 qt. I do have an electrical issue that i cant fint, if i let my truck sit for 2 days or more she wont start. I stpped setting the alarm thinking that was the issue however it was notbit. I replaced the batter and that was notnit. Any advise other than that i love my truck really best purchas ive made in years still looksblike New Inside and out, the complements really make me feel great. Does anyone have advisebon the electrical?
Front wheel bearings replaced at 100K, A/C compressor clutch seized, oil pump replaced, OEM allow wheel (rim) broke while driving, body is a rust-bucket, pronounced valve tap, blower motor for the heater rattles when on, fog lights quit working, Check Engine light has been on (intermittently) since 105K miles making inspections a thrill. I am not in construction but use it for light-duty transport and hauling (bicycles, camping gear, etc). Not as good a truck as I hoped it would be.