2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Problem Reports

Most Reported 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

The quick-connect fittings for the heater hoses tend to leak engine coolant. This problem commonly occurs because the metal housing has become brittle, which can break and cause leaks.

One or both secondary air injection check valves may become restricted causing poor air flow resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light. It is often recommend to replace both check valves even if a fault code is set for only one bank of cylinders. Replacing only one valve may result in a return trip to the repair shop.

A dirty throttle body may cause a lower than normal idle and possible stalling condition. Performing a throttle body service will commonly correct this concern.

Units with 4 wheel disk brakes may develop at situation where the park brake does not hold as it should. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by worn park brake shoes located inside the drum section of the rear brake disks. The worn shoes should be replaced and properly adjusted to correct this issue.

"SERVICE TIRE MONITOR" warning came up, when I took it to the dealership they told me all 4 monitors were bad...I questioned how all 4 could go out at the same time and they told me that it was unusual but their computer is getting the same code for all 4. They suggested I start repairing one by one...just does not make sense to me. I think they are not using the right computer code or something...They quoted over $600 to repair.

The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart.