Problems for specific Chevrolet Impala years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported 2011 Chevrolet Impala problems

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.

250 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

The automatic transmission shifter may fail, or a wire may break near the shifter causing the ignition key to become stuck in the ignition lock cylinder.

195 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.

45 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

An engine oil leak may develop from the front crankshaft seal. Our technicians tell us a revised front crankshaft seal is available to correct this concern.

18 Reports

Verified for the Chevrolet Impala

Acid may leak from the battery at the cable connections, resulting in corrosion on the battery cable ends and in the battery tray. A Leaking battery should be replaced and the cables thoroughly cleaned or replaced if necessary.

13 Reports

Reported by trannyisshit and 4 others for the Chevrolet Impala

When go to take off it don't move then when it kicks in it jerks really hard scared the crap out of me. well I was told it will cost $1600 to $2500 to fix they said it was a sensor in the transmission I have only had the for a year bought it used and it is a piece of shit it seemed to run ok for a few but it didn't take long for it to act up I will not ever own an other one. I think there should be a recall on the tranny's after what I read th...

5 Reports