1992 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30) Problem Reports

Most Reported 1992 Chevrolet G Series Van (G30) Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.

The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart. Our technicians recommend replacing the fuel filter every 30,000 miles to help prevent undue strain on the fuel pump.

A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.

The distributor may develop internal faults. This can cause a rough running engine or stalling condition, the Check Engine Light may or may not illuminate. Our technicians tell us that the distributor should be overhauled or replaced to correct this concern.

An engine vacuum leak may develop from the throttle body gasket causing a higher than normal idle speed. Failed gaskets should be replaced.

On the 4L80-E Transmission (Diesel and 7.4L gas engine), Transmission fluid may leak through the electrical connector on the side of the transmission, damaging the wire harness and causing the transmission to shift erratically. Our technicians tell us there are updated shift solenoids, an internal  transmission harness, and a connector pigtail available to correct this fault.

I had a mysterious leak of coolant. It was winter and I was losing coolant. I could fill the coolant up drive, forever w/heat on and check the coolant and it was fine. I would check the coolant before starting the truck and it would be half empty.
I have the habit of turning everything off in the vehicle before turning off the car, especially in the winter when I know it is hard to start in the AM. I turn off the heat.
The heat control valv...