2003 Mazda Mazda6 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Mazda Mazda6
- What would make the car not crank at all
- The car started having a rough idle. When I turned it off I could not restart the car. It is not the battery because the battery had been replaced a few days prior. What would make the car not turnover at all
- What questions should I ask when looking for a used throttle body?
- The Engine Check Light is showing on the dashboard
- Alternator went out so i had someone replaced but battery light still comes on.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2003 Mazda Mazda6 Problems
The engine may overheat due to erratic engine cooling fan operation as a result of a faulty cooling fan control module. Replacement of the fan control module would be necessary to correct this condition. Our technicians tell us the Mazda may provide assistance with the cost of this repair.
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
2003 Mazda Mazda6 Questions
I own a 2003 2.3L European JMZGG 166HP Hatchback Mazda 6. My engine's nikasil coating is damaged after putting chrome plated piston rings in 1000 miles. I'm willing to avoid this problematic engine with its balancing shaft preventing from proper oiling the middle cylinders. I would li...
This shop i went to said it would be 870 to 900 bucks...is that a rip off?
Yesterday, I started it and turn it off, started it and turned it off, tryed to restart it again but it wouldn't. The gauges began to quiver and flutter and go up and down for a minute or so. After that, they went back to normal and the car started right up. The battery is a new NAPA Legend...
2003 Mazda Mazda6 Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Mazda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Airbags use a chemical reaction contained in an inflator module to create the pressure necessary to inflate the bags when deployment is required. These vehicles are being recalled because the front passenger airbag inflator may produce excessive internal pressure when deployed and as a result, the inflator module could rupture, causing metal fragments to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will inspect and replace any defective passenger front airbag inflator module found.
The fuel sender unit may have been improperly installed in the fuel tank. As a result, a fuel leak may develop. Any fuel leak always increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will inspect the top of the fuel tank, and if necessary, repair or replace it. The Mazda recall number is 1403L.
2003 Mazda Mazda6 Reviews
Bought a 2003 Mazda 6 car starts up runs a few seconds dies will run as long as you are putting starting fluid in it has anyone heard or had this problem.
After my car hit past around 80k miles I've had a lot more problems. I have had to change the brakes about 2 times since I bought the car+ the rotors. A couple recalls at the beginning because it was a new model, the transmission program had to be updated, fan was alwasy on. I had one engine problem where after it rained the engine would start sputtering while driving and it would go away afte...
Have had my Mazda 6 since 2003 new. Absolutely love this car! Been a wonderful machine and still kicking. It now has 239,000 plus miles on it. Have had to change the starter once, a few brake changes and have replaced the tires twice. Can't really complain about the car as its been doing its job and well worth the money. Will not give up this car for nothing.