1997 Audi A8 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Audi A8
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
1997 Audi A8 Problems
A burning smell may develop due to an oil leak form one or both valve cover gaskets. Resealing the valve cover will generally correct this concern. However, the valve covers should be inspected and replaced if damaged.
Various bushings—located around the subframe, suspension, and steering—deteriorate with age. A clunking noise when driving over bumps, accelerating, or stopping may be a sign of worn bushings.
1997 Audi A8 Questions
seems lower then the valve cover?
I had an oil change recently and was informed I needed to replace power sterring hoses and transmission cooler lines as well as a valve gasket. I planned to spend money in reparis but am on a budget. Which of these should be complete first?
I recently replaced the right driver side bearing and hub assembly due to shaking when I brake. This problem was worse after a prlonged period of braking. The problem is still present. Greased the caliper bolt today. Help!!!!