BMW 535i Reviews

BMW 535i Reviews and Owner Comments

I have a 2008 535i with 42K miles. Love the car but recently began experiencing electrical malfunctions with the right rear tail light, reverse light, and brake light. I opened the cover and discovered that the electrical connector had partially melted. Once I disconnected the wiring harness I saw that the receiving end pins on the bulb brackets had also melted. Obviously a manufacturing defect. I was not ale to find any recalls for this.
Have 50,000 miles and the Low Pressure Fuel sensor went out. BMW has a HP fuel pump recall for this car. Now having electrical issues with blinker switch. Love the car hate the repairs whats going on BMW ???
08 535i with 33k. Experience engine malfunction power loss, rough starts. Dealership replaced the high pressure fuel pump. Under warranty, no charge. 5 series owners are experiencing this problem nationwide. BMW did a recall to address this problem. No issues after that. Replaced the battery which was very expensive. Failure to lock your car will drain the battery because the vehicle can't fall asleep. Thrust me, lock it up even in the garage. Lumbar drive seat switch replaced. New shoes, got rid of the dunlop and replaced with bs potenza 970 pole position AS with better ride and handling. Also owned a 3 series 07 with 100k, my work horse. Very little issues to complained about. Replaced the runflats with hankook and what a difference. Key is to find a good mech that can service and maintained the vehicle. Much better OME parts prices online compare to the dealer and all you need is the part #. Any dealer can provide you with it. These cars should be driven and push hard, not baby!
I have a 2008 535i. Love the car but recently began experiencing electrical malfunctions with the right rear tail light, reverse light, and brake light. I opened the cover and discovered that the electrical connector had partially melted. Once I disconnected the wiring harness I saw that the receiving end pins on the bulb brackets had also melted. Obviously a manufacturing defect. I was not ale to find any recalls for this.
I have a 2008 535i with 50K miles. Love the car but recently began experiencing electrical malfunctions with the right rear tail light, reverse light, and brake light. I opened the cover and discovered that the electrical connector had partially melted. Once I disconnected the wiring harness I saw that the receiving end pins on the bulb brackets had also melted. Obviously a manufacturing defect. I was not ale to find any recalls for this.
my bimmer has 270 thousand miles and is a great running car, for a 21 year old car only thing is the on board computer is kinda crazy and the electrical is iffy at best, other than that best car ive ever owned!!
I have owned the car since 2005 and can't say enough about how much I enjoy driving it. 1993 was the last year of the 535i so this one has drive by wire which I have not had issues with (DBW in 93 go figure). It has just enough power to keep me out of trouble. This is my daily drivers and I have put more than 100K since I got. It now has 350K and going strong. The engine is original and had the headgasket replaced when I got. These cars are prone to overheating and blowing headgaskets but if you keep the cooling system under a close eye you shouldn't have any issues with the motor. Suspension does have its weak points and just need replacement. The Auto tranny has been replaced but wasn't that expensive. I don't plan to get rid of this car anytime soon and hope to past it on to the kids.
The e34 BMW is a classic that houses some of the modern characteristics found in late 90s cars. The bulletproof drivetrain of the large 6 cyl engine that has been perfected over the 20+ years of its existed is a pleasure to drive and repair with the abundant space under the bonnet. There arent many things to watch out for, the recalls are minor and cost of ownership is low. To owners of automatic transmission e34s, a warning, the cost to rebuild or replace the trans is expensive and usually is the determining factor to get a different car. The steering gets loose after 130,000 miles but a simple adjsutment on the crude steering gear box corrects that, if not relatively cheap tie rods, idler arm bushings and sometimes ball joints correct the problem. The front suspension is prone to high mileage failure and the rubber bushing sin the front end should be replaced with the stronger 750 parts. One of the best, longest lasting cars ever built. Note: the e34 530 and 540 have issues with the aluminium casting used for the block and sometimes the engine will loose compression, not pass a leak down test, and the only option to fix the problem is to install a new engine made from the updated alloy (post 1997 engines).
i love the e34. 226000 miles and still running strong. daily driver for 2 years now and no problems.
I love my car! It is very dependable and powerful and the maintenance repairs have been minimal. It's one of the best models they made. Would always buy a BMW!
what a ride!! Phew!
Between engine malfunction power reduction lights (while in the middle of driving on the interstate!), rough cold starts and rough idling, I am VERY unhappy with this particular BMW. The 535i was touted as the next step up from the 3 series (of which I have owned and loved 2). I may not buy another BMW. Pity.